Drag Queen Mystery

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drag Queen Mystery

Post by gillyflower on Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:38 am

I just finished a book called The Gigolo Murder , a Turkish Delight Mystery. Smile

"Software programmer by day and hostess of Istanbul's most notorious drag-queen club by night, Mehmet Murat Somer's intrepid detective is back again, just jilted and feeling so blue she's violet - until she meets the hunky, married lawyer Haluk Perkedem. When their conversation is interrupted by a phone call delivering news that Haluk's brother-in-law has been arrested for the murder of a notorious gigolo, she decides to put her sleuthing instincts and Thai kickboxing skills to work unraveling the crime - uncovering a web of blackmail among the city's nouveau riche along the way."

The combination of the Turkish culture meets the drag queen world is quite novel to my experience. It a fun little book and it offers an amusing and kind look at a world I know nothing about. It's a mystery but the real draw is the glimpse into the world of a drag queen.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Drag Queen Mystery

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:54 pm

Sounds awesome! Who wrote it?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:34 pm

Oh shoot, it disappeared! Mehmet Murat Somer is the author.

http://www.amazon.com/Gigolo-Murder-Mehmet-Murat-Somer/dp/0143116290

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:55 am

Ah, misunderstood. I'll have to pick up. After I read the ten billion other books on my list.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:08 am

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top