Fending off the lawsuit happy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fending off the lawsuit happy

Post by DotNotInOz on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:56 pm

I've long since gotten weary of the cautions on hot drink cups. Yes, it damn well better be hot, or I'm not getting my money's worth!

So, I had to laugh when I turned over the package on some silicone bands used to truss meats and poultry for roasting or grilling.

It says: "Common Sense Warning: This product not for consumption."

Yeah, I suppose there's some Darwin Award candidate out there whose unsupervised kid will ingest one of these things and who then decides to sue for some reason no rational person would understand, thus necessitating such warnings.

Wouldn't one tend to assume that if it's common sense such a warning would scarcely be necessary otherwise?
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Re: Fending off the lawsuit happy

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:12 pm

It is my unbridled opinion, that there is nothing common about common sense these days.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Or as I'm inclined to put it in my more elitist-with-college-degree moments, "People don't typically have what the educated regard as common sense."
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:25 pm

DotNotInOz wrote:Or as I'm inclined to put it in my more elitist-with-college-degree moments, "People don't typically have what the educated regard as common sense."

Well if you don't want to be elitist, why get the degree in the first place? It's not like there is stuff out there that you can't teach yourself.
Very Happy
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Oh my we do see those people who are "teaching themselves." One of our students has dropped out of college to self-direct her own studies, which seem to consist of a whole lot of New Age crap mixed up with Jesus and angels. She doesn't see why anyone has to learn about stuff they aren't interested in.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 am

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Yep, law suits & those terrible commercials that solicite the public for class action suits! I don't understand some of these tackctics used now a days! Call me ol' fashioned, call me naive, call me can't spell a lick seein how I don't have a spell check on this here FREE computer that the Govnmt gave me!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Oh weird! Firefox browser has spell-checker built in, naturally. Use it instead!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:59 pm

So does Safari. You have options!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm

gillyflower wrote:Oh my we do see those people who are "teaching themselves." One of our students has dropped out of college to self-direct her own studies, which seem to consist of a whole lot of New Age crap mixed up with Jesus and angels. She doesn't see why anyone has to learn about stuff they aren't interested in.

I'm different. I don't want to study anything that I am interested in. That is a sure way to get uninterested in a hurry.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by HailToTheSquirrel on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:20 pm

I sued 3 people and a dog just today!

HailToTheSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:09 pm

Hell, Hail thats nothing! I've heard that "wounded soldiers" are trying to get "disability social security" while still on duty. And y'all wonder where our money goes? If its free get it all, sock it away & say to hell with everything else! Thats senseless. Sort of like trying to teach yourself, which is cool if you've past the 10th grade! As far as lawsuits go? Well, this is America & what ever way people can make $$! Thats how the story goes!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by HailToTheSquirrel on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:15 pm

I used to work the streets downtown but then I got old and the tricks just weren't there anymore.

HailToTheSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:20 pm

You too, huh?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Among my friends, we call those "Idiot Labels". Because some idiot will, undoubtedly, ignore it, get injured, and sue.
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top