Heart News.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heart News.

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:47 pm

I received a call today from the V.A. They had me on a 24 hour Holter Monitor two days ago. I'll be scheduled for a Cardiac Ablation Procedure. The Atrial Fibrillations have gotten a lot worse. As we as has my B/P problems. I haven't been told when I'll have to enter the Hospital yet. But will let all of you know just as soon as I know.

Back to top Go down

Re: Heart News.

Post by gillyflower on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:12 pm

Please do! I'm sorry that you are going through this but glad that they seem to be taking it seriously and are moving on it.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:34 am

Sure hope the docs can do something to help you feel better, Alex.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:12 pm

DotNotInOz wrote:Sure hope the docs can do something to help you feel better, Alex.

I hope so. However, PB&A will tell you I'm good at feeling with my hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by TPaine on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:13 pm

When PB&A reads that you may need the hospital for more than the procedure you're going in for.
TPaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Nah. She loves me.

What the monitor showed was that my heart rate was running up & down the scale. From highs in the 160's to lows in the 30's. And B/P from the hypertension ranges to being very low.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:45 pm

Went to the V.A. today for my appointment with the Urologist. As if being set up for a Ablation procedure wasn't bad enough. Now I'm being set up with the Oncologist for a set of six chemo shots for my bladder cancer. Now I'm waiting for the hammer to fall. In other-words what next. Considering I'm also a Diabetic.

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Call me if you need someone to yell at the doctor. You know, if you think they are not telling you everything, or trying to get you to do something you don't want to do.
I'm quite good at that, and then all you have to do is tell me the doctor's name and then hand him the phone.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:11 pm

The Doctors at the V.A. here are pretty good. I have no complaints about them. It's just that I'm feeling a wee bit down right now. That's why I've been a little smart alecky lately. It's my way of coping.

I would also like to ask for prayers for the Manager of our Apatments here. Her name is Shelly & I just found out that her Father died this week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:32 am

((Alex))
Beautiful_Dreamer

http://theprozacqueen.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 pm

Alex,
I wanted to check in and see if there are any updates? How are you?
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:21 am

I still don't know when they're going to do the Cardiac Ablation. I had a echocardiogram done last Friday, the 19th. Starting on the 8th of March I'll be starting my chemo. They'll be injecting something called BCG into my bladder. I ain't going to go into details on how they're going to do that. This whole last week has been pretty rough. My B/P has been in stage two hypertension range & my heart rate has been over 144.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:32 pm

My uncle has had end-stage lymphoma for several years now, and gets his chemo from the VA since he's retired Navy. Aren't you a veteran too?

Hopefully things will calm down for you...heart issues run in my family too and my husband has a few...hug the little kid in your picture for me!

((hug, since I don't really know what to say))
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:46 am

Thanks BD. Yes, I do get my care through the V.A. The little guy in my picture is my Grandson Justin who's now three & a half years old.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeahOne on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:48 pm

The little guy looks a lot like you, I think....

Oh, Alex! I'm sorry to hear of all the medical issues you're having to deal with now. Yet it sounds as though there are things to be done about the situations. You will be in my prayers, my friend.

LeahOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Piparskeggr on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:02 pm

warlordofks wrote:I received a call today from the V.A. They had me on a 24 hour Holter Monitor two days ago. I'll be scheduled for a Cardiac Ablation Procedure. The Atrial Fibrillations have gotten a lot worse. As we as has my B/P problems. I haven't been told when I'll have to enter the Hospital yet. But will let all of you know just as soon as I know.

Yikes!

I totally sympathize, I arrested 13 times while undergoing overnight observation after a series of unexplained blackouts. My heart has a congenital defect in the electrical system that manifests after 50, runs on my mom's side; I sleep, the heart flat-lines and restarts (happens less frequently at other times). This was fixed by implantation of a pacemaker 2 years ago this coming April.

Folks, if you have fatigue, bad sleep patterns or other odd symptoms, which can not be explained...do a 24 hour heart monitoring! They did 2 full workups on me, including X-rays, blood panels, EKG, echo-cardiogram, stress test - all came back as perfectly normal for a man my age, including the tests after I went to the hospital, which showed no damage from the arrests.

Take care, the premature grief you save for your loved ones is priceless.

Good Luck Warlord, may you have many years to help your grandson become a good man.
Piparskeggr

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:41 pm

Oh (((((Alex))))), can't leave you alone for a minute here! Besides the medical record becoming thicker...you have began "flirting" again, haven't you? Fess up. Tell me the truth, doll!

PB&A? We have promised each other, girlfriend; that when he starts googling at those VA Hotlip Nurses, it makes his BP go up, his heart race, & his breathing becomes eratic. I love ya to piece PB&A! How do you live with such a man?
Warlord, come now, honey your "doing this" to yourself! Your no longer in your 20's, fit as a fiddle, filling out that uniform for all the gals to swoon over. Slow down old man!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top