Thin skinned

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Thin skinned

Post by P_Synthesis on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:11 pm

So shall we all go and invade the other forum then?

Basketball

P_Synthesis

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Feel free, PS.

I'll stay here where I know people can be reasonable, thank you just the same.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:24 pm

P_Synthesis wrote:So shall we all go and invade the other forum then?

Basketball

I considered it after reading some of that stuff, and even registered onto the site. I discarded the idea though.

Personally, what I saw that started the whole thing Gorm was rather tame. If someone made a suggestion like that to me, asking if the person was out of his gourd would be tame. My first impulse was that smoking too much crack will do that to ya, and probably would have said so if I had continued with my first impulse to light into him. But then, I'm somewhat an asshole, (and I know this to be true for both Dee and DaveLaw have told me so on no uncertain terms before Sad ), so staying away from a response there is probably in my best interest. Smile
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:30 pm

P_Synthesis wrote:So shall we all go and invade the other forum then?

How well do you like mud? Wrestling with pigs and all that.

Or perhaps its casting pearls...Something to do with pigs fits.
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:07 pm

I didn't see anything so terribly wrong about phrasing it "out of your gourd" either. In fact, I thought that rather tactful under the circumstances. I read the posting Gorm initially replied to and yelled, "That is about as f***ing nuts as anything I've ever heard!"

I suspect as has been mentioned that Lightkeeper was primarily chapped because Gorm disagreed.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TPaine on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:57 pm

It must also be noted that Lightkeeper is an Administrator. I know of a couple of boards some of us used to frequent quite often where the Administrators let that power go to their heads and they get the, "How dare you tell me I could possibly be wrong," syndrome.
TPaine

Back to top Go down

Post by P_Synthesis on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:16 am

john5180 wrote:But then, I'm somewhat an asshole, (and I know this to be true for both Dee and DaveLaw have told me so on no uncertain terms before ), so staying away from a response there is probably in my best interest.

hahahahaha Hysterical

Idea of invading was a joke BTW people.

P_Synthesis

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:27 pm

P_Synthesis wrote:
Idea of invading was a joke BTW people.

Then how about using an emoticon to indicate that?
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by P_Synthesis on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:45 pm

Basketball one didn't do it for ya Dot?

P_Synthesis

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Basketball implies a group of people having fun to me, so no, that didn't indicate that you were joking.

But then, we Yanks tend to take our sports rather more seriously than you Brits, so perhaps it's a cultural distinction?
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:12 am

God Gorm, you're so mean.

I skimmed the thread. Don't have enough time to really read through it all. I would say I generally side with the idea Tonya presented in terms of forgiveness and moving on, and when I was new to foruming, Gorm's "out of your gourd" comment would have made me angry or upset. But after spending some years on Beliefnet, I did grow a pair, and things like that rarely get to me so much anymore.

Best to remember people approach their ideas from what they believe to be a true moment in their experience. Everyone has different experiences, and so everyone has different truths. What's over the top and too mean for one isn't an insult at all to the other. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing here... just saying it doesn't do anything if you're coming from your own perspective; you have to come from the other perspective before it can be judged.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:52 am

Perhaps there should be a rating scale applied to each forum, kind of like the ratings I get for romance novels, so that everyone knows on X forum, there can only be mild disagreement and on Y forum there can be scorching disagreement.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:04 am

I can think of one or two sites that would be rated MA. Very Happy

"Fuck you!"

"Fuck you double!"

They should also come with free stress meds!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:13 am

On that note, Gorm, that's why we decided to have a group leadership on this site. We can be a little more expressive because there's a good chance if we go over the line, one of the admins will say something.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:28 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:On that note, Gorm, that's why we decided to have a group leadership on this site. We can be a little more expressive because there's a good chance if we go over the line, one of the admins will say something.

Its working so far. cheers

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:28 pm

DotNotInOz wrote:I didn't see anything so terribly wrong about phrasing it "out of your gourd" either. In fact, I thought that rather tactful under the circumstances. I read the posting Gorm initially replied to and yelled, "That is about as f***ing nuts as anything I've ever heard!"
\

First I thought: "What the F**k? ARE YOU BAT-F**K INSANE?!"

Then, I laughed at the idiocy.
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:
P_Synthesis wrote:
John T Mainer wrote:It may be impolite to mention that the emperor is wearing no clothes, but at some point you just have to say that if that thing lands in my coffee I'm cutting it off.

If I may say so -- liking the phraseology.

Gorm_Sionnach, any links you could provide to the kind of conversations you mean?

I'm kind of loath to link to others forums, especially when I'm having a disagreement with the management (much of which is behind closed doors[pm]) their in. But...

The whole thread basically

There is however the distinct possibility that I am an insensitive curmudgeon, I have yet to rule that out. Twisted Evil

Nope. There's only one rascally, insensitive old curmudgeon allowed here. And it ain't you. It's me.

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:16 pm

I dunno, Alex. You and John5180 might have to duke it out for that title.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:27 pm

warlordofks wrote:
Gorm_Sionnach wrote:
P_Synthesis wrote:
John T Mainer wrote:It may be impolite to mention that the emperor is wearing no clothes, but at some point you just have to say that if that thing lands in my coffee I'm cutting it off.

If I may say so -- liking the phraseology.

Gorm_Sionnach, any links you could provide to the kind of conversations you mean?

I'm kind of loath to link to others forums, especially when I'm having a disagreement with the management (much of which is behind closed doors[pm]) their in. But...

The whole thread basically

There is however the distinct possibility that I am an insensitive curmudgeon, I have yet to rule that out. Twisted Evil

Nope. There's only one rascally, insensitive old curmudgeon allowed here. And it ain't you. It's me.

I happen to be a rather young curmudgeon actually...

Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:42 pm

I'm old beyond my years Wink
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Yeah. You're all a bunch of spoiled children. Remember I'm the one who cried when the Dinosaurs died out. the one who taught A & E the Joys of Sex, the one who changed Methuselah's diapers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:42 pm

warlordofks wrote:Yeah. You're all a bunch of spoiled children. Remember I'm the one who cried when the Dinosaurs died out. the one who taught A & E the Joys of Sex, the one who changed Methuselah's diapers.

Feh.

I sculpted the friggin moon.

Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:
warlordofks wrote:Yeah. You're all a bunch of spoiled children. Remember I'm the one who cried when the Dinosaurs died out. the one who taught A & E the Joys of Sex, the one who changed Methuselah's diapers.

Feh.

Yeah. But who gave to the stuff to use to sculpt the Moon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:21 pm

warlordofks wrote:
Gorm_Sionnach wrote:

Feh.

Yeah. But who gave to the stuff to use to sculpt the Moon.

Why the Gods of course Wink

Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top