Chocolat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chocolat

Post by wiscidea on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:32 am

I'm a bit behind as far as films are concerned. Okay, I don't watch a lot of films. My wife, however, brings them home from the library and pleads with me to watch them. How am I going to watch a film and waste invest time in forums?! Anyway, she persuaded me to watch "Chocolat". It was this or "Thing" and I seem to have a soft spot for chick flicks. "Chocolat" looked like it was going to be a chick flick. But...

I found it beautifully subversive. I enjoy thought-provoking films, especially those that might rattle the powers that be. I think it had a very positive message. Denial of the pleasures of life—whether God-given or natural—is the sin. That's what I walked away with.

I also have a persistent craving for good chocolate now! The Hersey's Special Dark chocolate bar I'm eating right now just is not working. Can anyone recommend some affordable—or not so affordable—chocolate, especially something that includes chili powder or other unusual flavors. I wonder whether such chocolate might contain fewer calories... having more flavor, less sweetener.

Namaste.

wiscidea

Back to top Go down

Re: Chocolat

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:07 pm

Movie that takes place in France? Johnny Depp along w Judi Dench? Great movie! Bet she watched it for Johnny Depp! Who was voted People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive" for the 2d time! He's a cutie! Very Happy

Belgium chocolate comes to mind. Yum! There is Godiva chocolate boutiques here in the states! Look online for a store near you in Wisconsin! My daughter used to surprise me w Dove Chocolate. Chocolate to a woman is a good thing! Laughing
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:04 pm

The movie was so-so. As usual, the book is far better although I didn't like the sequel which is about the daughter. The book is far more true to how an actual witch would behave and hasn't a tarted up Hollywoody happy ending. She's a woman of power in the book.

As for quality chocolate, Dove is okay for commonly available stuff. Godiva much better but no very inventive flavors that I've seen. I get it at Barnes and Noble though. I bet an actual Godiva store migh have more variety.

Heartily recommend Cocoa Dolce in Wichita, KS. They'll ship this time of year and do usually have one called Mayan which has a nice chile bite. You can ask them to make it hotter if you order specially from their website. All their chocolates are made onsite. I Love the lemon-thyme and strawberry-basil. Hubby likes the Irish cream and Guinness stout ones. I'm drooling just talking about these. Totally yummy!
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top