Wrestling thread

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Ebon on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:10 pm

TPaine wrote: IMO, Hernandez actually has talent. Morgan is a total waste of space. Sean Morley was a jobber in the WWE and they sign this guy and give him a win? Why are they jobbing Chris Daniels? The guy has real talent and fits well in the X Division. It was supposed to be Nash and Hall against Beer Money, but when Hall showed up he said was hurt, so they had to substitute Waltman. SOS out of Hall. I hope their short-term contract is really short.

Harnandez is a little raw but he has the basic tools. Given time and careful booking, he could evolve into a fine worker and his mix of power and lucha is unusual enough to stand out. Morley seems to be part of TNA's drive to sign ex-WWE guys. Granted, his shtick is mildly amusing but he's opening match fodder and always was. Daniels just seems to be thrown in there because he has nothing else to do right now.

I have no idea who's booking. Is it Russo? Sleazy E? I doubt if it's Hogan. Someone should tell them they need to boost the X Division, AJ, Wolfe, Dinero, Angle and Joe. Forget the old nWo (with Bischoff there that will never happen), Morley, Morgan, and other stiffs.

Current situation is that Russo has Dixie's backing so he's still booking. Russo takes suggestions from many people, including Bisch, Angle (which is why Angle's mini-feud with Wolfe was so good), Jarrett and Dixie herself. Hogan has no actual input on the booking normally but does have the power (as per his contract) to refuse or rewrite anything to do with his own character. All of that said, this is very much a transition phase for the company so that arrangement might will not last much longer.

Agreed on the X-Division. That's what put TNA on the map and what sets them apart. One way of pushing them would be through the X-tag tournament we discussed.

The AJ heel turn caught me completely by surprise. I guess that rates as good booking.

Yes and no. Russo has an annoying habit of turning people just for the surprise factor, not because it makes sense (partly because he doesn't believe in face/heel roles). He did this with Goldberg back in WCW. No matter what you and I think of Goldberg, the fact is that the fans loved him and he drew money. Russo turned him for no apparent reason and with no build, which hurt his popularity and, by extension, his drawing power. Whether AJ's turn makes sense remains to be seen.

Could it be that Flair is going to form a Four Horseman type group and take the JJ Dillon role? He'd need a good enforcer in the AA role (Joe?) and a decent tag team (the Guns can work heel as can Beer Money).

Well, they can't use the Horsemen name but yeah, there might well be a group of that kind. Presumably, Flair acts as the mouthpiece (since AJ is a notoriously awful promo) and AJ takes the centrepiece role. For the enforcer, Joe is one option but my pick would be Lashley. Story is that Kristal feels she and Bobby are being ignored by the Hogan/Bisch administration and cuts a deal with Flair. That gives the Horsemen a convincing enforcer, provides Lashley with more exposure (which he could use in TNA) and gives some more promo time to the improving Kristal. For the tag members, my pick would be Beer Money. They fit better with the Horsemen's established hard-partying group style.
avatar
Ebon

Posts : 608
Join date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by TPaine on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Ebon wrote:Well, they can't use the Horsemen name but yeah, there might well be a group of that kind. Presumably, Flair acts as the mouthpiece (since AJ is a notoriously awful promo) and AJ takes the centrepiece role. For the enforcer, Joe is one option but my pick would be Lashley. Story is that Kristal feels she and Bobby are being ignored by the Hogan/Bisch administration and cuts a deal with Flair. That gives the Horsemen a convincing enforcer, provides Lashley with more exposure (which he could use in TNA) and gives some more promo time to the improving Kristal. For the tag members, my pick would be Beer Money. They fit better with the Horsemen's established hard-partying group style.
My only problem with Lashley is the time he's going to have to take off for his MMA training and matches. If they can work around that it's a perfect fit.

I wonder what happened to Eric Young. He had a good angle going as the head of the World Elite and was a decent heel.

Moving to Raw, I noticed that they used Sheamus, the WWE Champion, as the curtain jerker on Monday. I'll have to admit that I've never seen a champion in that position before. When Orton came out he got a serious pop from the crowd. The fans must really hate Sheamus and his weekly 2 to 3 minute squash matches. I've always heard it's not good to have your top heel getting face pops. It appears that with no one around to talk in out of it we're going to have to put up with Vince displaying his massive ego at the open each week now. Oh well, I can always tune in 20 minutes late.
avatar
TPaine

Posts : 650
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : Southeastern Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by TPaine on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:08 am

WTF!!!??? Why the hell is TNA booking a version of the Montreal Screwjob? This has to be one of the stupidest decisions I've seen. Vince has both originals, Bret and Shawn, under contract and can use them to drive this angle into an early grave. This doesn't help anyone on the TNA roster, and can hurt their best young star, AJ, and their best top face, Kurt. Is their any indication who booked this and what are they thinking?
avatar
TPaine

Posts : 650
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : Southeastern Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Well I lost my match against the tag team of Alexis & Justin.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by TPaine on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:30 pm

warlordofks wrote:Well I lost my match against the tag team of Alexis & Justin.
And I just lost my singles match against my wife. I guess we're 0 for 2.
avatar
TPaine

Posts : 650
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : Southeastern Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:24 am

TPaine wrote:
warlordofks wrote:Well I lost my match against the tag team of Alexis & Justin.
And I just lost my singles match against my wife. I guess we're 0 for 2.



I always lose those matches, along with ones against my daughter.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by TPaine on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:18 pm

warlordofks wrote:
TPaine wrote:
warlordofks wrote:Well I lost my match against the tag team of Alexis & Justin.
And I just lost my singles match against my wife. I guess we're 0 for 2.



I always lose those matches, along with ones against my daughter.
My daughter earned her black belt when she was 14, although due to her age they had to make it honerary, but she had mastered the skills. I enjoy life too much to challenge her.
avatar
TPaine

Posts : 650
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : Southeastern Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Ebon on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:30 pm

TPaine wrote:WTF!!!??? Why the hell is TNA booking a version of the Montreal Screwjob? This has to be one of the stupidest decisions I've seen. Vince has both originals, Bret and Shawn, under contract and can use them to drive this angle into an early grave. This doesn't help anyone on the TNA roster, and can hurt their best young star, AJ, and their best top face, Kurt. Is their any indication who booked this and what are they thinking?

No clue but my guess would be that you can blame Russo for booking it and Bisch and Dixie for signing off on it. With Bret now on RAW for teh time being, I don't see the point in revisiting this either.

BTW, rumour has it that Sheamus is distinctly unpopular in the WWE locker room, for the obvious reasons. Thing is, I'm not sure how much you can blame Sheamus for it, he's just doing as he's told. The ones to blame are those higher up teh food chain who made the call to put the title on him.
avatar
Ebon

Posts : 608
Join date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by TPaine on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:05 am

Ebon wrote:
No clue but my guess would be that you can blame Russo for booking it and Bisch and Dixie for signing off on it. With Bret now on RAW for teh time being, I don't see the point in revisiting this either.
What annoys me is that AJ is one of the best workers in the business. Using him as heel is fine, but at least let him use his wrestling ability. It could be that they will play this out so the Bishoff is the heel who scheduled the screwjob and putting the blame on Hogan. Evil Eric is a great character, and stabbing Hogan in the back for kicking Hall and Waltman out the door might just be believable. Eventually Angle finds out and unites with Hogan and Sting to put Sleazy E in his place, or variations on the other people involved.

Ebon wrote:BTW, rumour has it that Sheamus is distinctly unpopular in the WWE locker room, for the obvious reasons. Thing is, I'm not sure how much you can blame Sheamus for it, he's just doing as he's told. The ones to blame are those higher up teh food chain who made the call to put the title on him.
Agreed. You can't expect the boys from resenting the push Sheamus has gotten, but you also can't blame Sheamus for doing what he is told to do. That is unless he knowingly used his friendship with HHH to get that push. In that case some of the resentment could be his fault. Being unpopular in the dressing room is a bad thing to be. The other boys can really hurt you by making you look bad in your matches, and they can work exceedingly stiff when they compete with you.
avatar
TPaine

Posts : 650
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : Southeastern Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Ebon on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:38 pm

TPaine wrote:What annoys me is that AJ is one of the best workers in the business. Using him as heel is fine, but at least let him use his wrestling ability. It could be that they will play this out so the Bishoff is the heel who scheduled the screwjob and putting the blame on Hogan. Evil Eric is a great character, and stabbing Hogan in the back for kicking Hall and Waltman out the door might just be believable. Eventually Angle finds out and unites with Hogan and Sting to put Sleazy E in his place, or variations on the other people involved.

That could work well. If we tie Flair's not-the-Horsemen into it... Actually, there's an idea. With Hall and Waltman probably not long for teh promotion, have Nash take the enforcer role in Flair's unit (with Beer Money making up- the tag part). You have the connection between Nash and Bisch, which you can then use to segue into a program of various Horsemen combinations against Angle, Hogan, Sting and, say, Abyss or Foley (or both, since Hogan can't do more than a few matches a year).

Agreed. You can't expect the boys from resenting the push Sheamus has gotten, but you also can't blame Sheamus for doing what he is told to do. That is unless he knowingly used his friendship with HHH to get that push. In that case some of the resentment could be his fault. Being unpopular in the dressing room is a bad thing to be. The other boys can really hurt you by making you look bad in your matches, and they can work exceedingly stiff when they compete with you.

Thankfully, Bob Holly and his bullying are gone and hopefully, everyone else is more professional than him. The read I get from RAW is that Vince has realised that Sheamus can't cut it as champ with this character so I wouldn't be too surprised to see the title change hands at the Rumble. Possibly to Orton but there's also potential to work Cena in there as well.
avatar
Ebon

Posts : 608
Join date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by TPaine on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:28 pm

That could work well. If we tie Flair's not-the-Horsemen into it... Actually, there's an idea. With Hall and Waltman probably not long for teh promotion, have Nash take the enforcer role in Flair's unit (with Beer Money making up- the tag part). You have the connection between Nash and Bisch, which you can then use to segue into a program of various Horsemen combinations against Angle, Hogan, Sting and, say, Abyss or Foley (or both, since Hogan can't do more than a few matches a year).[/quote]
You could turn Joe face and put him with the Hogan group since Sting is no longer interested in doing a full-time program. You also have to work JJ into the mix since you have him feuding with Hogan. Maybe he can see the light and realize Bischoff is the problem, not Hogan. Lately, they've been ignoring the X Division which I think is a major mistake.

Ebon wrote:Thankfully, Bob Holly and his bullying are gone and hopefully, everyone else is more professional than him. The read I get from RAW is that Vince has realised that Sheamus can't cut it as champ with this character so I wouldn't be too surprised to see the title change hands at the Rumble. Possibly to Orton but there's also potential to work Cena in there as well.
I see them giving Orton the belt, and HHH winning it at Mania. His ego would want him in the semi-main event, especially with Michaels retiring and DX breaking up. I get the impression that he wants to top Flair's 16 title reigns. Actually, I saw some talent in Sheamus last night. He could learn something by teaming with Regal in a British Invasion type gimmick. Orton is getting face pops since he has this match coming up with Sheamus. If you want to turn him back him back into the heel role quickly, have him RKO Bret Hart next Monday during Bret's confrontation with Vince.
avatar
TPaine

Posts : 650
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : Southeastern Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Ebon on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:32 pm

TPaine wrote: You could turn Joe face and put him with the Hogan group since Sting is no longer interested in doing a full-time program. You also have to work JJ into the mix since you have him feuding with Hogan. Maybe he can see the light and realize Bischoff is the problem, not Hogan.

That might work. I tend to think Joe is more effectve as a face anyway.

Lately, they've been ignoring the X Division which I think is a major mistake.

Agreed. The X-Division is what makes TNA stand out, it's what put them on the map and it's their unique selling point. OK, you can see heavyweight action anywhere but the X-Div is uniquely TNA.

I see them giving Orton the belt, and HHH winning it at Mania. His ego would want him in the semi-main event, especially with Michaels retiring and DX breaking up. I get the impression that he wants to top Flair's 16 title reigns. Actually, I saw some talent in Sheamus last night. He could learn something by teaming with Regal in a British Invasion type gimmick. Orton is getting face pops since he has this match coming up with Sheamus. If you want to turn him back him back into the heel role quickly, have him RKO Bret Hart next Monday during Bret's confrontation with Vince.

I promise, Sheamus does actually have some talent (although not enough to justify a top-line position). It's just that this character doesn't let him show any of it. A British Invasion style gimmick could work well, especially if you include Paul Burchill in there (Burchill has a lot of talent as a power-based worker who can fly like a cruiserweight). In fact, turn Finlay heel and put him in there as well with Drew McIntyre and you suddenly have a powerful, dangerous faction. Regal takes the lead spot doing most of the talking, tag McIntyre up with Finlay (so the young kid can learn from the old hand), Burchill goes the mid-card IC/US title route and Sheamus acts as enforcer and occasional partner in six-mans.

Couple of news bits:
- Rob Terry won the Global title off Eric Young. Poor EY and he was going great until a couple months ago.
- There's another Impact slated to go up against RAW in March and TNA is apparently committed to going that route permanently in the near future. I think that's a mistake.
- Vince Russo recently posted to his Facebook page that he's proud of TNA drawing a 1.3 for three weeks running and only "did" 16 minutes of actual wrestling. Someone fire this guy.
- According to a poll on WWE's website, teh fan's picked The Miz to win the Rumble. Think it's a year or two early for that but give it time...
avatar
Ebon

Posts : 608
Join date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by TPaine on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:51 pm

Ebon wrote:I promise, Sheamus does actually have some talent (although not enough to justify a top-line position). It's just that this character doesn't let him show any of it. A British Invasion style gimmick could work well, especially if you include Paul Burchill in there (Burchill has a lot of talent as a power-based worker who can fly like a cruiserweight). In fact, turn Finlay heel and put him in there as well with Drew McIntyre and you suddenly have a powerful, dangerous faction. Regal takes the lead spot doing most of the talking, tag McIntyre up with Finlay (so the young kid can learn from the old hand), Burchill goes the mid-card IC/US title route and Sheamus acts as enforcer and occasional partner in six-mans.
The question is is McIntyre big enough to satisfy Vince who has alway pushed size over talent. I'm afraid he may wind up like Evan Bourne, a glorified jobber. Both of those guys would be perfect in the TNA X-Division. The may learn that going to the WWE was the biggest mistakes in their lives.

Ebon wrote:Couple of news bits:
- Rob Terry won the Global title off Eric Young. Poor EY and he was going great until a couple months ago.
How many times will Eric put up with getting screwed over? He has talent, is fairly good on the mic, but his gimmicks have always been embarrassing if not downright degrading. I though he really had something good as head of the World's Elite, and now they screw him on that.

Ebon wrote:- There's another Impact slated to go up against RAW in March and TNA is apparently committed to going that route permanently in the near future. I think that's a mistake.
It may work with good booking. They should absolutely end the Montreal Screwjob imitation angle before they go head to head with Raw. Play it out quickly and forget it. Don't have a cage match that burns out the X-Division as your curtain jerker, match your most talented workers against each other. Some matches could be: Generation Me vs. Lethal Consequences, the Pope vs. Mr. Anderson, Sarita vs. Hamada, Beer Money vs. the British Invasion, Hernandez vs. Lashley, Wolfe vs. Angle, Hardy & Moore vs. the Guns, and Joe vs. AJ in the main event. You may want to throw in a Nasty Boys vs. Team 3D brawl for the old ECW fans, and Daniels vs. Homicide for another X-Division match.
Ebon wrote:- Vince Russo recently posted to his Facebook page that he's proud of TNA drawing a 1.3 for three weeks running and only "did" 16 minutes of actual wrestling. Someone fire this guy.
According to wiki (yeah I know about wiki) Russo is just writing, (and shooting off his mouth) not booking. Bischoff and Hogan are the ones with authority to book. I do wish they'd fire Russo though.
Ebon wrote:- According to a poll on WWE's website, teh fan's picked The Miz to win the Rumble. Think it's a year or two early for that but give it time...
I would think that Michaels would have to win the Rumble to get his match with Taker. If it's what Shawn wants for his retirement match, you know Vince will have to do it. Miz is not ready to carry a belt, and to booking him to lose at Mania after winning the Rumble makes no sense.
avatar
TPaine

Posts : 650
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : Southeastern Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Ebon on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Bits of interesting news:
-Michaels is now saying he won't be retiring after 'Mania. However, 'Taker is having real problems with his hip and will very probably need a hip replacement. If he's forced to go that route, it will definately spell the end of his full-time career and maybe of his entire career.

Going into the Rumble with that in mind (and this is me fantasy booking), HBK is one of the three guys (the others being Cena and HHH) who could plausably win. Shawn's already challenged 'Taker to a rematch and been knocked back so it would fit the HBK character perfectly for him to win the Rumble and the say "Now you have to deal with me". Fast-forward to 'Mania, another show-stopping match between the two, probably 25-30 minutes. Michaels wins to take the title and finally end the undefeated streak. 'Taker goes off to get his hip seen to and fade into a "special attraction" role.

- WWE seems inclined to keep Sheamus as champion until 'Mania. Poor viewers. Poor Sheamus too since the longer he's stuck in this role, the more difficult it's going to be for him to redefine his character later on.

- Thus far, 27 entrants have been announced for the Rumble itself. That leaves three empty slots for WWE to fill with surprise entries. Since the entrants are usually inoffensive and occasionally entertaining, I don't mind that. One possibility this year is Edge who wouldn't be healed fully but could easily enter and get bounced out in a couple minutes. Other possibles include Booker T (who's free right now), RVD (although Shane was the only one who got along with him and he's gone now), Jeff Hardy (oddly, TNA have yet to sign him to an actual contract), either or both of the Hart Dynasty and, sigh, Hornswoggle.

- There's a distinct possibility that WWE will start building a Cena Vs Batista 'Mania match at the Rumble. A Gail Kim Vs Maryse Diva title match may or may not be added, depending on how much time is available on the card.

- Rumble line-up right now (not counting the Rumble itself):
Sheamus Vs Randy Orton (WWE title): Does anyone really want to watch this match? Personally, I'd give Orton the win. The guy might be a tool but he's been allowed to show more talent than Sheamus. However, I predict Sheamus takes the win in underhanded fashion (WWE is not doing him any favours with the booking), possibly after Legacy interference backfires.

Undertaker Vs Rey Mysterio: Six months ago, this could have been a corker but back then, 'Taker didn't so urgently need surgery. That said, David and Goliath battles can often be fun. Expect Rey to do his human powerball impression as 'Taker scoops a win to advance to the Elimination Chamber next month.

Christian Vs Ezenkal Jackson (ECW title): No clue what to expect here. This will probably go 8-10 minutes and although Jackson is pea-green, Christian can probably carry him that long. There's no reason to switch the strap here but, for all the usual reasons, Vince might be reluctant to give Christian a win over a behemoth like Jackson.

Michelle McCool Vs Mickie James (Women's title): This is apparently the blow-off to McCool's campaign of calling Mickie fat (yes, this angle is both insulting AND stupid since A, Mickie is sexy as hell and B, it's a frickin' wrestling show, not a beauty pageant). Mickie is a decent worker, McCool is passable at best. Personally, I'd leave the title on the one who can actually wrestle but WWE seems intent on punishing Mickie for having outside options (a promising singing career) and for having actual curves so they'll probably put the title on McCool (the fact she's 'Taker's current girlfriend doesn't hurt her either). Raven believes this whole thing is because WWE's writing team rarely get laid and so have grown to hate women who actually look like women as opposed to anoerexia sufferers or reality show rejects. He may have a point.
avatar
Ebon

Posts : 608
Join date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by TPaine on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Jack Brisco, former NWA Champion and one of the few remaining true shooters in the sport passed away this morning at age 68.
While there was no official cause of death listed he was in a rehab center recovering from triple bypass surgery.
avatar
TPaine

Posts : 650
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : Southeastern Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Ebon on Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:13 am

That's a real shame. RIP Jack.
avatar
Ebon

Posts : 608
Join date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Ebon on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:01 am

Tom, discovered a channel online which is streaming all WCW PPVs and Clashes back-to-back (ALL of them, 1983-2001). I just watched Sting & Rick Steamboat Vs. Rick Rude & Stunning Steve Austin (pre-neck injury) and yes, it was just as good as it sounds.

http://www.justin.tv/slapnut_v5#r=3GkhYyU
avatar
Ebon

Posts : 608
Join date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by TPaine on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Ebon wrote:Tom, discovered a channel online which is streaming all WCW PPVs and Clashes back-to-back (ALL of them, 1983-2001). I just watched Sting & Rick Steamboat Vs. Rick Rude & Stunning Steve Austin (pre-neck injury) and yes, it was just as good as it sounds.

http://www.justin.tv/slapnut_v5#r=3GkhYyU
Thanks for the link. The WCW clip wouldn't load, but I'll try it again later. I did watch the final 2 matches from the TNA PPV. AJ vs. Joe was a good match, but I don't like the interference by Flair. Those two are too talented for the cheep stuff. Anderson vs. the Pope wasn't bad, but the gimmick of a guy coming back from the dead to win is getting old. They could have done a lot better.
avatar
TPaine

Posts : 650
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : Southeastern Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Ebon on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:29 am

I tend to agree. AJ Vs Joe was a good match (although they've done better) but didn't need the interference. Also, it hurts AJ's character. When AJ has beaten Joe clean in the past, needing interference to win this time makes him look weak. I liked Anderson Vs Pope but I was surprised that Pope took the win. While his character is strong enough to top-line, I'm not sure his skills are there yet.
avatar
Ebon

Posts : 608
Join date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Ebon on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:11 am

Over in Vinceland, Shawn Michaels's simmering obsession with the Undertaker has reached the point of his proposing a career vs. streak match at 'Mania. I honestly couldn't predict how that would turn out and so, I'm intrigued. Neither wishes to retire (Michaels has changed his mind on that) but both are carrying nagging injuries. 'Taker's injury is much worse (he needs a hip replacement) and Shawn laid down for him last year. But the 'Taker has always guarded that streak like grim death (pun intended). I honestly can't call it.

What I will say is that I think, if the streak is going to end, it would be better if some young up-and-comer got the boost of ending it, or "retiring" Michaels for that matter (Jack Swagger, for example, whose career could really use the boost right now).
avatar
Ebon

Posts : 608
Join date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by TPaine on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:50 pm

If Shawn has really changed his mind about retirement, I hate to see him move into a heel role. First, it breaks up DX which is a huge draw, and second, Shawn still gets too big a pop to be an effective heel. Putting Dave Batista in the top heel role I think is a mistake as well. A top heel has to have good mic skills, and Dave doesn't. Also the beat down the face until the PPV angle is getting stale as well.
Do you think Mark would be willing to let a mid-carder end his streak? Personally, I don't see it happening. I do think he'd let Shawn do it if he really needs the hip replacement soon. The problem could be solved if Shawn ends the streak and the two shake hands and act buddy-buddy after the match. If you want to push Swagger, give him a clean win over someone like HHH. That could move him up the ladder quickly. Or you could let him take the US belt from the Miz.
avatar
TPaine

Posts : 650
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : Southeastern Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Ebon on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:51 am

So this year's Mania is shaping up to be a great night. Michaels has slipped into the tweener role he occupied this time last year so what looks likely to happen is for Michaels to play his slightly whiny tweener role (on RAW, he was complaining about no-one giving him a chance of winning) and then, if he wins, Taker can raise his hand or cut a congratulatory promo the following night which firmly establishes Michaels as a face again. Michaels and 'Taker can be relied upon to deliver 30 minutes or so of awesome. Doesn't really matter who wins but, having laid down last year and with 'Taker looking to take some time off, I'd like to see Shawn take this one.

Then you have Jericho Vs Edge for the "World" title. If they give these two some decent time, say, 25 minutes or so, they can put on a compelling mixture of technical work and brawling. I'd imagine Edge will take it. He has more fresh challengers available than Jericho.

Batista Vs. John Cena for the WWE title is going to stink. Dave has a fairly limited repetoire but, with a gifted worker to cover for him (as Triple H did), he can deliver. John Cena is not that man. Asking these two to go more than 12 minutes would be a mistake.

McMahon Vs. Hart, I still think, is not going to go ahead as is. With Bret's health and emotional problems (Bret, like many stroke victims, suffers from extreme mood swings), I still think this is going to turn into either the two managing someone or some kind of tag match. Still, Bret should take a victory to give him a nice send-off.

Money In The Bank is always a fun stunt match. With all but two places filled, you already have a nice mixture of potential winners (Christian, Swagger), walking props (Kane, Ziggler) and guys who won't win but can keep up and provide a couple of nice spots (Benjamin, MVP). Assuming teh winner comes from one of these six, it surely has to be Christian's turn this year. If the booker's are determined to have Sheamus on the show, this is where to add him.

You can probably add to that; Orton Vs DiBiase or Rhodes (or possibly a triangle match with all three) and a women's match or two. The only question is what role Triple H will play. There's no way Tripper is going to be left off the biggest card of the year but he doesn't have any obvious singles matches lined up. It's possible he could get involved in Michaels/Taker somehow but I imagine his ego will want a bigger role than that.
avatar
Ebon

Posts : 608
Join date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Mangerpola on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:36 am

Hi

I would like to thanks for your nice and informative post.

Thanks

Mangerpola


________________________
Expedia.ca
Coupons

Mangerpola

Posts : 1
Join date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by gillyflower on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:20 am

Welcome Mangerpola!

_________________
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
avatar
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3400
Join date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by TPaine on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:00 pm

I've been unable to watch Raw for the past few weeks because my DirecTV is not yet set up. (I hate moving!) However, I understand that Sheamus has been attacking Trips for the last few weeks. My guess is this will develop into a Wrestlemania match.
I must admit, however, that I miss TNA far more than the WWE.
avatar
TPaine

Posts : 650
Join date : 2009-04-13
Location : Southeastern Tennessee

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestling thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum