Finally - a Job Interview!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finally - a Job Interview!

Post by Sakhaiva on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Wow, it's been a looooong time since someone has handed me a check with my name on it... at this point I do not care if I'm asking people 'would you like fries with that', a real job is going to feel like a slice of heaven to me.

I won't know till after the 23rd, as that's when my appt is. Please wish me luck/blessings/prayers/good vibes etc. (This particular gig is standard office work)

Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally - a Job Interview!

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:13 pm

You have all of the above, I hope you get this job my friend

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:25 pm

Crossing fingers, toes, and anything else that'll cross for you!!

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone on Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Much luck! I've had only two interviews in months. The best of those scared the man doing the hiring to hold off on hiring due to how bad the economy is. He asked how long I'd been unemployed and then was shocked by the response. He hadn't realized how bad the economy was and as his orders had just begun to drop off, he decided to wait a while before hiring anybody.

Yeah, that job would have provided me with a small raise from what I did before--and I was the person he was going to hire before he decided to hold off.

I should have lied to him.
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:17 pm

Yay Sak!

Good luck! Wish me luck too. I've decided in a brash move to quit both my jobs. I guess I can post about it on News From You.

I have an interview for another hotel on the 20th but can't work there for another month afterwards, so it's probably moot - I doubt they'd leave the position open that long. Worth a shot though, and at least I'll meet someone!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Sak, why did I think you were very happily self-employed?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Good luck, Sak!!! You too, TED!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:47 pm

Good luck to you both! I know you'll both do very well. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:57 pm

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the positive vibes Smile It also feels good to know that I'm in excellent company; Seventh Crow, TED.... you guys have my good thoughts, toe crossings and prayers too.

TED, why ya quittin your hotel gig? Are you working 2 hotels?

SeventhCrow, it's so hard to know when to be honest and when to be *honest* I'm finding that I am really out of practice when it comes to interviewing... it's been over a decade since I've been in this position. Darn me quitting my last job. Where I live, even min wage jobs expect ppl to be bilingual, and I'm not. It's a problem for me and I'm thinking about taking a few conversational spanish classes.

~~~~~~~~

SG, a year or so ago I was happily importing speakers I designed and there was such hope.....

.... however.....

this last year I had my butt handed to me on a plate and am standing in a 200K hole. I'm dumping what I can on eBay to clear out the left of my inventory; all of my wholesale accounts are dead in the water. It's just dead, dead, dead. I've pretty much come to terms that an industry I was raised in has closed it's doors to me, and that's fine. ( ) Really it is ( ) no, really it is ( )

This past year I tried to teach Yoga in addition to the speaker biz thinking it could still float; however, the Yoga gigs wound up being about $1/hour after all was said and done, and it was much more competitive than I thought it would be.

I think my situation could be so much worse and OH how I'm looking forward to getting into some sort of generic work place, pushing papers around a bit, then having some nice person hand me a check with my name on it at the end of the week.
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:09 am

Well, I am glad for the interview. I will light a candle for you. ((((hugs))))

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:22 pm

Yay! Sak will do fine. And if not, then it's an experience and wasn't meant to be because there's something better. Yay!

I work 80 hours a week for two hotels to try and make it in a city I don't want to be in. Go figure. Year after year.

I'm throwing in the towel. I love my family but I'll come back to visit. Dec I'm heading to Roanoke, Virginia to start a new life.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Sak, what kind of speakers, if you don't mind me asking?

TED, why Roanoke? Virginia is a lovely state though. I wish you best of good luck on your new life.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:57 pm

I just really like the area. I like most of Virginia, that I've seen, but Roanoke is close enough to visit the little family I'm close to on a daytrip.

And thanks, Gilly.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:00 pm

Best wishes to Sak and TED for beneficial changes.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:40 pm

Thanks DOT Gilly * TED

Gilly, I was importing everything from raw components, inwall/inceiling and pro audio loudspeakers... I'm down to my last container of Kevlar in-Ceiling & In-Wall speakers. I was bringing them in by the 40' container and my biggest clients installed them in 'new construction' homes. (ooops)

TED, I lived in Virginia for 1 year (2 decades ago) The Fall and Spring seasons were so lovely..... nice state. (I lived in Fredericksberg) Good luck and many, many blessings on your move
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top