Ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Vent...

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Vent...

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:00 pm

Very Happy Yes what you say is oh so true BD! And we are in the minority! We were talking about this earlier about wanting & willing to work on one side of the coin, & the ones that have worked the system & never worked a day in their lives.
Personally, I'd rather wake up in the AM, & have places to go, people to see & things to do, honestly & genuinly. Come PM & time for nighty night, I can take a breath, count my blessings & say I've put my best foot forward today!
BTW, BD, from giraffe to cartoon character? I love you
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:51 pm

LOL I think Maggie Simpson is adorable!

Smile I've been on disability from Social Security since July, but some doctors told me I should stop working about a year or two before that. This was relating to my arthritis mostly, but also my bipolar/ADHD/anxiety that made it damned near impossible for me to retain a whole lot of information or deal with stress. So I basically busted my ass when I really shouldn't have...paying taxes, by the way...I have friends who go on and on about how all people on assistance are lazy and how it all needs to go away...but they are always the ones with good jobs and have never been in a position to need the assistance they are so decrying. I don't know if they remember that I am on disability and how hard and long I worked trying to avoid it, but I don't think it would make much difference...their minds are made up, don't confuse them with facts. I love them dealing with everything else, so we just don't discuss politics or this issue.

I understand having issue with people abusing the system, but it shouldn't be assumed that *everyone* in the system is abusing it.
Beautiful_Dreamer

http://theprozacqueen.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:46 am

Arrow So true, BD! Note taken, also what infuriates me are the people that thing its a race or social cast system also! The system was set up for "when unfortunate times happen." Not passed down from generation to generation, like its a god given right.
I knew a soldier whose parents were well off (thats what he claimed). The only job he had was in the Reserves (1 weekend a month). To make a long story short he would rather stay jobless & mooch off of friends or live "homeless" @ shelters, etc. than to get a job & join society because he KNEW his parents would send him $ to live on or to bail him out of trouble. He knew he had a safety net & he would "inherit" this safety net when his parents were gone. His age? 24yrs old.
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Beautiful_Dreamer wrote:LOL I think Maggie Simpson is adorable!

Smile I've been on disability from Social Security since July, but some doctors told me I should stop working about a year or two before that. This was relating to my arthritis mostly, but also my bipolar/ADHD/anxiety that made it damned near impossible for me to retain a whole lot of information or deal with stress. So I basically busted my ass when I really shouldn't have...paying taxes, by the way...I have friends who go on and on about how all people on assistance are lazy and how it all needs to go away...but they are always the ones with good jobs and have never been in a position to need the assistance they are so decrying. I don't know if they remember that I am on disability and how hard and long I worked trying to avoid it, but I don't think it would make much difference...their minds are made up, don't confuse them with facts. I love them dealing with everything else, so we just don't discuss politics or this issue.

I understand having issue with people abusing the system, but it shouldn't be assumed that *everyone* in the system is abusing it.

Hee! You can't handle stress? Anymore, I don't know what I would do without it.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top