Welcome home, Ted

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome home, Ted

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:14 pm

Well, after an extended period of bitterness, I've started getting back into my more spiritual roots and pathway.. 'recycling' that energy. Working to meditate a little...tarot a little...dowse a little... not trying to go in too deep at once and kill myself, but coming home a little, gently.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome home, Ted

Post by Beribee on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Very cool, TED. I've been a little lax in that area myself, lately. However, I've been feeling a little restless....maybe it's time to get my butt in gear again!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:18 pm

Thanks Beribee!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:35 pm

Agreed, I'm glad you are getting back to the heart of you TED. That's very cool.
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:39 pm

Hey Sak.....what's Erasmian Christian? Just curious....

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:57 pm

Thanks for asking Beribee.

Technically speaking, there is no Erasmian church. (But I wish there were.)

D. Erasmus is a Dutch Christian Humanist Catholic who, though extremely (extremely)
influential during the Reformation, never left the mother Church.
He's a common sense sort of guy, and the illegitimate son of a physician's daughter by a man
who afterwards turned monk. After his parents died, he was forced into a monastery, which colored his future.

Erasmian theology is more concerned with
peace than with doctrine; maybe that's why he never started his own brand of Christianity (plus he never left the church) He had a great many admirers though.

I put another link on here somewhere... but here is a super quick bio if you'd like to read a bit more: http://www.historyguide.org/intellect/erasmus.html
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:00 pm

Maybe you should start one. Wink

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:30 pm

What was wrong, TED, if you don't mind me asking?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:04 am

A whole host of things, Gilly. I don't want to turn this into a big pity thread, but I've been incredibly bitter and depressed and just spiraled downward since my breakup...nothing has really gone right for me in a long time and so I've been mad at the Universe and everything in it. Not saying I've done a 360 from that, but I am sticking my toes back in a little. I've been usually happy of late.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:13 am

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Maybe you should start one.

TigersEyeDowsing wrote: Not saying I've done a 360 from that, but I am sticking my toes back in a little. I've been usually happy of late.

That sounds like an excellent way to go TED.

Time can be a very good friend.
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:22 am

cheers Bravo TED! See? Thats what this subject board is about! Recycling our Energy! When life is full of crap, & things just are so out of whack, & we're out of tune with our spirit!
I love your honesty, TED, & really & truly, to share w us your healing path back to your center is what this thread is for! So hey if you don't mind, its not a pity party its a giving & receiving type of healing thread! If we have difficulty in one area of our lives if left unattended it bleeds over & suffocates other areas of our lives. It grows from uneasiness, unrest, to out right rage, anger, & ends up in helpless/hoplessness. Few people really notice this happening in their own lives.
To recognize it and start on a healing path through what ever means we truly map out for ourselves (time & again reminding ourselves one step @ a time to DO this, & DON'T DO that) is a start back to connecting with ourselves, our own spirit!
Popcorn So TED, please. Will you, or can you please take us on your journey?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:46 pm

I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey...

Laughing

Thanks Willow! I don't really know what to say, though, in terms of the journey. I've just been very down and out, with a self esteem of about -5. About 2-3 months ago I told my friends that something had to give or I was gonna- that I was so disgusted with being alive that there was no point in putting myself or other people through it every day. If I couldn't find something to make me feel better I'd just have to leave the car on in the garage. I did though find a (natural, even!) mood supplement that's given me energy and a more positive outlook. It gave me the energy to get out of bed (wow!) and even take some classes. So I think that's been a big contributing factor. Around that time I also had some closure I desperately needed. So I haven't had to do anything too drastic. Things are still not good for me in terms of life situations and the way the "ball bounces" but I guess it's what you make it.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:53 am

Just speak your heart TED! Self esteem? Honey why were/are you beating yourself up? For what demise? Couple of months ago, what was so earth shattering to YOU, that you became disgusted with being alive? Did you help someone who retaliated? Did you reach out to someone who was play acting with your kindness? Come on TED, you have been afronted & have been burdened by your wounds. You have let someone's ego control your spirit? TED? You must journey back to find where YOU left off in YOUR life, my friend! Hug2
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:26 pm

TED: I've just been very down and out, with a self esteem of about -5. About 2-3 months ago I told my friends that something had to give or I was gonna- that I was so disgusted with being alive that there was no point in putting myself or other people through it every day. If I couldn't find something to make me feel better I'd just have to leave the car on in the garage. I did though find a (natural, even!) mood supplement that's given me energy and a more positive outlook. It gave me the energy to get out of bed (wow!) and even take some classes. So I think that's been a big contributing factor. Around that time I also had some closure I desperately needed. So I haven't had to do anything too drastic. Things are still not good for me in terms of life situations and the way the "ball bounces" but I guess it's what you make it.

It is what you make of it, very much so! Dude, I know people who live in $6M houses, who are still just so miserable.... it's almost too hard to believe (but it's quite true) TED, I really feel you are in a fantastic place right now. So often, when bouncing a ball, we either focus on the point when the ball has bounced the highest (and wonder why it doesn't stay there) or we focus on when the ball has hit the ground; but, if you ask me, it's really important to focus on the ball just after it has bounced upward again. Those are the moments in life to keep in our hearts; what sorts of things make that ball turn upward again....

(Yay for the mood sup btw, if it's working with your body, then it might just be what your body needs right now.)

(((((Peace)))))
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Ted. I know what you're going through. Because of what I've been going through since 2005. Somedays I'm feeling great & on other days like today I'm feeling very depressed over Maria & Michael. There's even been days over the last 4 years where I felt suicidal. Thats when I put soothing music in the CD to listen too. It helps me cope with everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Tiger

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:18 pm

bounce TED, just remember we ALL have been down that road one time or another in our lives! bounce
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks MC and Willow! Smile

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeahOne on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:59 am

Music is GOOOOOD! for lifting my 'down' moods - I can even clean house and not mind too much if there's enough good music : ))

And you can get stuff so cheap on eBay, too....at least if you like classical and such.

(((((((((TED)))))))), when you are feeling lousy and want to hate everyone, is when you should be talking to your friends! That's what we're for, you know!

LeahOne

Back to top Go down

Post by KittyKaz on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:43 am

FOUR MOAR YEARS, TED!!!!

KittyKaz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:45 am

Til death do we

*BOOM*

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Walsung1of9 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:18 am

Halsa Ted!!

If you really need something to focus on, get one of those colour-changing stars (the battery operated ones that work for 6 hours) at the local discount store. They're great focal points. I like to imagine what my Germanic forebearers saw when they looked up and saw those lights in the sky.

Anyway, welcome back and best of luck!
Walsung1of9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top