US CENSUS: Anyone participating?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

US CENSUS: Anyone participating?

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:34 pm

Our household is participating in the US Census. Anyone else? You know back in the day, before technology it all seemed so freaking easy. "They" came to your house asked questions about income, # of family members, sexes & ages of each, profession, education & life went on. WAAAAY back in the day they actually took inventory of household possessions (washers/dryers, automobiles, refrigerators, anything of huge value, etc). Who of us, remembers THOSE days???? Cool

But gang, nowadays? Computers, technology? scratch

Back in August we initially answered questions about the income, family members, sexes, ages, education, professions. With the understanding that each month we'd get a call on a touch base info call. Everything was typed into a cute little wireless notebook the nice lady had. Short & sweet! The Cancienne Household information was put into the SYSTEM. HOORAY!

Well September phone call came one Thursday afternoon, cool, short, brief, & nothing had changed. Whoopee!

Octobers phone call came this past Sunday night! I thought great, short, brief call because NOTHING has changed.

What a Face Gee was I wrong! 1st of all they thought they were talking to MIL!? Second of all they had to ask me about our professions again for John, me & MIL. Thirdly, there were questions about hours worked & not worked. And the insanity started unraveling! Are there any part time jobs? With same questions of hrs worked & not worked for John, me & MIL. Did you work less at one job then the other job & why, for John, me, & MIL. Are any of these jobs government jobs or contracted by the government? Again, John, me, & MIL(????) Then do we get paid for the actual hours worked? (Well who the hell works & DOES NOT get paid for hours worked?) Again I answer for John & me, & MIL! (Hello, MIL????? retired? dementia? wheel chair bound?) They wanted to again know about highest education attained for John, me & MIL! OK, this it, they're done....winding down now. Easy street! Until MIL info...11th Grade. "so she didn't graduate?" I said "Yes, she graduated." "Ma'am you said 11th grade?" I smiled "Yes, I did, 11th Grade. Diploma." "So she did not attend 12th grade?" Suspect Then I had to explain that MIL attended 11th grade & she gradumawaited because WAAAAAY WAAAAY WAAAY back then here in this parish (county) state 11th grade was it/finished/over/graduated! I was really running out of patience, but the lady cheerfully said "Thank you for your time, next months phone call will be around the 17th of the month. Will you be home?" I was so tempted to say NO. But instead I took a deep breath & said "Yep, we're home all the time. I'm MIL's caregiver. Remember?" We bid our Good Nights, & I hung up.....BTW this phone call lasted an agonizing.....35 minutes! Eww
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Re: US CENSUS: Anyone participating?

Post by MaineCaptain on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:06 pm

Why are they calling every month? Nothing significant usually happens over a 30 day period. That is nuts.

I fear I would not be so polite.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:48 pm

I tend to get rude with folks taking surveys because the few times I have agreed to take them, the survey takers have had an ulterior motive and then didn't understand when I didn't agree with their skewed questions.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:39 pm

Exclamation No, no, no...Maine Captain, they told us that they would call & touch base with us every month to see if the household status changed...which was cool w us. But NOTHING has changed, & the silly questions that were being asked Sunday night were already answered back in August. Thats what I didn't understand.
SG, yep, understand you completely SG, but this is the US Census, so stupid me thought...wow, once you answer & give correct honest to goodness answers you don't have to repeat them. Census is taken information given, great...go tell it on the mountain, write it down on old parchment paper, whatever you need to do to keep a record. But once is enough! Hell before when we participated it was a one time give info & thats it! This yr its really retorical with no method behind the madness.
When I go to Iraq, I'll no longer be living at home, duh....but whats that got to do with where my permanent residence is? Its still this address! Another thing I don't understand. This is a weird Census.
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:29 pm

We get a census out every election based on the Voter's Registrar. Rather than once a month, they touch base with a proportionate sample every four years.

Is the US gov actually senile? I knew computer networks could get virii, but not dementia. Who knew?

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:29 am

Very Happy Yes, John T, I thought it was me....but NO, I just did not understand the asking of same questions from 2 months ago! Nothing has changed!
The US gov 9 chances outta 10 does not know or have a clue to what the other hand is doing. It does not communicate to itself! Exclamation
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Walsung1of9 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:30 am

Gee, nobody asked us. Maybe we have finally become invisible!
Walsung1of9

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Well with the Rabbit population now a days...if you've seen 1 rabbit, you've seen em all! Just multiply by thousands!
Sorry my friend, one of those quirky weird moods we get in around our birthdays! I know you'll understand sister spirit!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:14 pm

This is why I have a answering machine. To screen my calls.

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:48 pm

Well, we're not getting counted then. We've heard nothing about anything like that. I'd even forgotten that this was the year they do the census.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:45 am

The actual door knockers will be out beginning of 2010!....You'll be counted & you won't be invisible, in fact you just can't hide! LOL

BTW, anyone interested, they'll be hiring in your neck of the woods, consist of a test, & then hiring! Part time job (not long term) but its $$$!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:05 pm

Oh, okay. You're talking about the really detailed one that they only use to drive some unfortunate guinea pigs nuts.
Laughing

Yeah, we did that huge survey online several years ago. They probably tried to call us afterward, but we screen calls and only pick up if we want to talk to them. Answering machines and Caller ID...two great inventions!
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:03 am

Yeah, Willow, I had the exact same thing happen to me. I think I had a supervisor call and ask the same damn questions that the lady with the laptop on my front step ('cuz I wasn't letting a stranger into my house! LOL) was askin'. Most months were the easy questions though.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:49 pm

Actually, isn't government working an oxymoron?

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Totally agreed upon, Alex, honey! But I'm posting now, because incase anyone is hunting for a job out there or extra $$ they are hiring for people in everyone's area!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Random acts of data mining.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:36 am

Willowcreek70633 wrote: Totally agreed upon, Alex, honey! But I'm posting now, because incase anyone is hunting for a job out there or extra $$ they are hiring for people in everyone's area!

BTW, Willow. In a post you mentioned Rabbits multiplying. Well I have some I can send to you & John. Maybe we could even put them in his Patrol Car.

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Evidently, some census taking goes on year round. The particular census Willow's talking about is gauging unemployment. Ever wonder how the government arrives with the stats? This is how. Now coming up in April there will be the once a decade nose count. What this does is determine exactly how many people reside here in the U.S., and how to distribute things like politicians, money and such.

This is the first time I've ever paid that much attention to it. We're looking at loosing a representative out of this census. We've lost people since Rita and Katrina who evacuated from the New Orleans area and simply never moved back. Since their Congressman, the Dishonorable William Jefferson is now serving Federal time for bribes taking, maybe they just won't replace him.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:54 pm

warlordofks wrote:
Willowcreek70633 wrote: Totally agreed upon, Alex, honey! But I'm posting now, because incase anyone is hunting for a job out there or extra $$ they are hiring for people in everyone's area!

BTW, Willow. In a post you mentioned Rabbits multiplying. Well I have some I can send to you & John. Maybe we could even put them in his Patrol Car.

Do that, Alex! The rabbit industry is up and coming here, besides, I can use the fertilizer in my garden. There is a rabbit festival held near here in the town of Welch, LA every year, and it seems to get bigger every year as well. Then I could stop work, and still make a living.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top