Flu Season Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flu Season Anyone?

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:48 pm

Well I got some questions & hopefully you got the answers!

Who here has received a flu shot, or the flu spray?

Who has had a mild occurance of the flu? Who has not?

When feeling "under the weather" what do you do to get healthy again? Remedies anyone?

When healthy what do you do to deter gettting the flu?

Do you really think that giving people the live virus & building up immunities is the best way to defend ourselves during the flu season?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Re: Flu Season Anyone?

Post by gillyflower on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:18 am

I had a flu shot and I didn't feel any adverse affects.

We had a guy from the health department in yesterday to talk with us about steps we can take, for ourselves, co-workers and the public. We are to wash our hands, not cough all over everyone and go home if we are sick. Smile

There was big discussion about if supervisors can send home people who they feel are sick against their will. Some part time staff who don't have sick leave don't want to lose the money. We've already had that come up. Supervisors may isolate employees if they can't make them go home.

I use saline nose spray and gargle with saltwater (if throat starts feeling rough) plus hand washing for prevention. I am trying to train myself not to touch my mouth, nose or eyes but I forget!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:31 pm

Gilly? Have you been watching the news?

All great suggestions, & some not so great techniques (supervisors trying to send the part timers home)...I've had that part time position fiasco, been there, done that.

I was trying to get at some home style/home brew recipes, like you gave here! I too am trying to stop touching eyes, & mouth..I'm a profound hand washer myself!

I use saline nose spray and gargle with saltwater (if throat starts
feeling rough) plus hand washing for prevention. I am trying to train
myself not to touch my mouth, nose or eyes but I forget!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:41 pm

No, I haven't been watching the news. What did I miss?

A co-worker's son is finally out of ICU but still not doing too well. He got the flu and combined with his asthma, he became a very, very sick. I hope he continues to improve.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Well Willow I don't use Western medicine, other than the typical childhood vaccinations anyway, so I don't use things like flu shots etc. I have come down with a cold - And brought in a new kitty with a bad cold too! I've been popping goldenseal and echinacea, and a multivitamin, for 3 days now and it's about got it cleared out.

http://www.vitacost.com/Boiron-Oscillococcinum-Homeopathic-Flu-Symptoms

Oscillococcinum is recommended by doctors and health practitioners everywhere! It's the best flu medicine and, oh yeah, it's totally homeopathic. Should I ever get the flu again that's what I'll do, but thankfully I haven't had it in 4 years. That time I just spent a few days puking. Not a fun time!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Very Happy Gilly your health department guy said exactly what he was supposed to say...via the US governments stand on this years flu season. cheers Bravo to him! What has been plastered on the news for months is the exact same thing, via the US government! (Duh)...so honey YOU didn't miss anything, but the info got all the way down to the common citizen...you! Clap I'm shocked!
One of my troops little girl (age 2yrs) developed the H1N1 flu over this past weekend, she was hospitalized & then released the next day. What everyone is saying is that people (kids especially)with other problems (asthma being one) are going to have more difficulties this year. Healing thoughts & prayers for your co-workers son.

Yes, TED, I feel for ya honey. Sad Just one time in our almost 30 yrs relationship.. John & I had the flu together about 8yrs ago for 2 weeks closer to a month (it would reoccur) ...thats when all the kids were home & those fine young, teenagers didn't even get a sniffle from us! Shit birds. cyclops We tried everyting that the docs gave us, (which I hated & dreaded) we tried old time recipes, ate ourselves silly with fruits, did the vicks on the feet, steam vapors, eucalyptus, hot drinks, cold drinds...even drank ourselves to death ( that was cool Beer ). I was sick & tired of all that crap...so I went crazy.((( I told the kids to clorax & vinegar the entire house. From top to bottom to doorknobs, dishes, & everthing...they hated me, but did it. I had threatened NO Tom turkey was being cooked for Thanksgiving. They threatened that they would cook & eat & me & John could starve....then I threatened that if I got better I'd beat the shit outta em.))) All 4 spent a weekend w friends included cleaning the whole 2 story house completely. Well we had a terrrible cold front also hit that same weekend..I remember the old Ben Franklin ideas, below freezing hardly nothing lives. So John & I slept w the bedroom windows open two nights in a row with the temp below 30degrees. Nice cross breeze from North to South! The 2d morning...it was like we were brand new people, poof the flu was gone!! That was crazy, & I guess so was I? Twisted Evil

But being in the Guard, & readying for deployment we all got our flu shots/sprays for the regular flu. So I came down with a mild case of it...Dee doesn't DO sick! Shocked The Military has always been the populations guinea pigs. Tests to see if stuff works or not. I just have the cough now trying to cough up all the mucus. Checked out the site. (in my favorites as we speak). I love sites like this!!! We have NO Homeopathic people here in SWLA closest one is in Houston or New Orleans sad but true...thanks for the info...& the recipes that you use. bounce
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:43 pm

I'm one of those people who was skeptical about homeopathics.. it works HOW you say?? Yet it always works wonders, on me and the animals, should any of us ever need it. I have a friend who's a dowser and energy healer, who serves as a holistic vet, and she's my vet too. Homeopathics are great!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:49 pm

Very Happy You are so very very right, my dear friend! Isn't nature with natural so very cool? So very soothing? So simplistic & basic at our cores?
I know what I really need Ted, my masseuse & my chiropractor....then I KNOW I'll feel much much more balanced! bounce
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:55 am

Nature is very cool indeed Smile

Flu seems to have hit earlier this year... my mom, three kids and I were suddenly nailed by assorted viruses. My poor mom developed bronchitis out of it.

First we all seemed to have the stomach flu, which came and went pretty fast. When the kids first started to take ill again (with a sudden super-high fever) I called my homeopath. My one child went from 105 (and purple looking lips) to normal within 24 hours - it was really amazing. My eldest son's version of the illness was different, his grew into a cough and the fever was not so hot, nor so instant ... the remedy was different and it took about 2 days for him to be healed.

I didn't give myself any treatment because, well, I forgot. So I developed the same version my eldest had, and my body failed to give me fever to burn off the infection. So I did things to warm my body up (such as eat raw garlic spread on buttered toast and drink ginger tea) and finally I called my homeopath. I sort of procrastinated as I didn't want to have to run to the store. In any case, after taking my remedy, I was recovered one day later.

I used to laugh at homeopathy, but darn if I have not had great luck with it so far. If it failed to trigger healing, I do not hesitate to take other means.

Now last year I do believe I came down with the real swine flu - though my Dr would not test for it. It was unlike any other flu I've had, and my lungs kept filling up with fluid ... I would cough things clear, and it would instantly refill. I felt like I was going to suffocate, it really sucked and it lasted several months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've not taken any flu shots, nor have I given them to my kids, as the last time I did, my kids became ill from the shot and then still caught the flu. I suppose I lean towards the 'prevent what you can/cope with what you get' attitude.
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4SmFxyust0 - Even scientists who helped develop the vaccine for smallpox refuse to take the vaccine, and encourage their loved ones not to either.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Do you know their names? You notice no names were mentioned, TED. Could you a check and find the names of the "scientists who helped develop the vaccine for small pox" and quote them 'cause last I heard the vaccine was developed in the early 1900s if not before.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:09 pm

Nope, can't find any direct quotes or names. Maybe doesn't exist.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:25 pm

Charlie's allergist told me that she needs the H1N1 vaccination. If she gets the flu it will not go easy. Right now her lung function is 68% on one measurement and 49% on the other. He said with those low numbers she will end up in the hospital, and it would be a HARD road for her.
The school is offering the vaccine so, both girls will be getting it. Scott gets it because he works at the hospital.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:33 pm

This is giving me flashbacks to my 6th grade vaccinations.

I was small and it took three nurses to hold me down. Those poor women. God help anyone who comes at me with a vaccination, I can fight a mountain lion.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:31 am

oooo goodie the "I am sick topic".

I have something weird, that I am having trouble shaking off. but it is not the flu. I got it last week, almost all concentrated in my throat.
I supplement my income singing, I can barely talk.

Not a sour throat just terrible dry and scratchy and keeping me up all night coughing, which means I have had about three hours sleep since a week ago.

I might have had a slight fever, but with the exception of the throat not much else.

I try to rest the thing out. It it is less, but Talking is still work and singing forget it.

Sorry I have no remedies

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:02 pm

MC! You live! I was starting to wonder.

http://www.hpathy.com/diseases/sore-throat-symptoms-treatment-cure.asp Gracie, check out the homeopathic remedies on this page for sore throats. See which one sounds like yours and I'll see if I can get my paws on the medicine.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:25 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote: MC! You live! I was starting to wonder.

http://www.hpathy.com/diseases/sore-throat-symptoms-treatment-cure.asp Gracie, check out the homeopathic remedies on this page for sore throats. See which one sounds like yours and I'll see if I can get my paws on the medicine.
Yes I am, thank you sweetie. I have not been around much, In spite of the lack of many other symptom I feel crappy. Lack of sleep mostly I think.

I miss you too ((((Tiger)))

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:14 pm

((((((MC))))))))) You sure you don't have strep? Hope you feel better soon!

Both of my sons have had heart surgery, so they are considered high risk for everything.....so, I already got them the seasonal flu vaccine and I've signed the permission slip for them to get the H1N1 vaccine in school. I worked way too hard to keep them alive when they were babies to risk anything happening now. If their cardiologist and pediatrician want them to have the vaccine....then they get it! I, however, have never gotten the flu vaccine for myself before....not sure if I will this year either....we'll see.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:26 pm

Bravo, Beribee. After watching what my co-worker has been through this last week, I worry about the high risk children. Her son is finally home from the hospital but he is still a sick little boy.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:02 am

Gilly? So glad co workers son is out of hospital, & at home recovering. (so much more comfy healing @ home!) Smile Talked to my troop whose daughter came down with H1N1, her docs gave her a round of antibiotics over the counter & they were headed to Grandma/pa's house this weekend for a little comfy down time also!

Beribee, understand completely about those teen boys! They can be a handful well or sickly! LOL! Boys will be boys! Always finding ways to mess with mom! Its always more fun & calming when the whole family is prospering health wise! Wink
TED, great little site there! As I said 3hrs away east or west is the closest for us here! This Friday though I'll be heading to my masseuse & chiropracter...for balance & alignment! I am so blah, & have no continuous energy or uplifting umph left on the surface. Which causes me to reach down & use my reserve energy. I have to make sure I'm not depleting myself...or I'll really end up sick. Stir
MC you che' baby, hope your on the road to recovery... with your sore throat! Gargling easily w warm salt water. My Nana, used to make this concoction of carrots, onion, garlic, w a shot of whiskey! And MIL used to make an onion/garlic soup! You can also try some horehound candies! (TED? NoNo I'm warning you, MC's not feeling well)..Beribee? Rolling Eyes see? Boys will be boys!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone on Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:06 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I'm one of those people who was skeptical about homeopathics.. it works HOW you say??

I've no doubt homeopathics work. I have noticed, though, that many homeopathic healers don't...the difficulty lies in sorting out the quacks from the knowledgeable folk.

A man I worked for years ago would mix up a huge glass of an orange drink loaded with Vitamin C and who knows what else. Every time somebody in the shop was feeling poorly, he made the magic drink and within an hour things were much better. Even a sever bout with the flu that I thought would have me in bed for three or four days laid me up for only one (I called in that morning and then ran to the shop that afternoon to track something down that had to be delivered that day and got my dose then. Next morning I felt good enough to work and skipped going to the clinic.
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Well I think ya'll have jinxed me... Laughing Today I've felt the onset of, gasp, the flu! No, I can't be positive, but it's not every day I have the headache combined with the head that feels 100 pounds combined with the attempts at vomiting.

Since I'm toeing back on ze spiritual path, I'm going to make some healing attempts and see what happens. I can't afford to be sick. Let's see how it goes!

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Poor TED! Take care of yourself. (((((((((TED))))))))

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:49 pm

I'm going to apply some Divine Science healings tonight. I don't know how well they'll do since I've been out of the spiritual loop for some time. Let's find out together? It's a scientific journey!

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:20 am

bounce Oh yes, please lets go on a journey! TED? Chin up. Its mind over matter, my dear!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top