Fox Slam

Go down

Fox Slam

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:48 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091012/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv_obama_fox

I liked it.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Fox Slam

Post by tmarie64 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:13 pm

It's about damn time someone in charge in the Dem party finally said what most people, rep AND dem, believe!

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:18 pm

lol - about time indeed. And Glen Beck is a flat out (pants on fire level) liar.

And Michael Clemente is too; most people certainly do NOT know the difference between 'opinion' news and 'news' news.
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Sakhaiva wrote:lol - about time indeed. And Glen Beck is a flat out (pants on fire level) liar.

And Michael Clemente is too; most people certainly do NOT know the difference between 'opinion' news and 'news' news.
You are right most people do not know the difference, it is after all called , "fox news"
Giving the impression it is a news station. People are not able to tell the difference between genuine news and opinion.

Stated at the beginning middle and end of the shows, that what is being shown as only opinion of the people in question, would be helpful. But honestly, I still don't think most people would get it, anyway.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:09 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:
Sakhaiva wrote:lol - about time indeed. And Glen Beck is a flat out (pants on fire level) liar.

You are right most people do not know the difference, it is after all called , "fox news"
Giving the impression it is a news station. People are not able to tell the difference between genuine news and opinion.

Stated at the beginning middle and end of the shows, that what is being shown as only opinion of the people in question, would be helpful. But honestly, I still don't think most people would get it, anyway.

What makes anyone here believe that Fox actually considers Beck's or Hannitty's shows to be opinion?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:13 pm

I have no idea. And I also have no idea what hannity and beck are in the first place, to be honest

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:18 pm

They are shows that would likely raise your blood pressure.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:40 pm

None of you see this as problematic? A sitting President does not like criticism; so he violates the first amendment?
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:45 pm

Davelaw wrote:None of you see this as problematic? A sitting President does not like criticism; so he violates the first amendment?

How exactly is this a violation of the first amendment?

Congress shall make no law
respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free
exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;
or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the
Government for a redress of grievances.

Criticism is not a law.

And I will note that I have the exactly same problem with Air America and MSNBC on the other side of the map.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Nope, it's not a violation of anything, unless the administration moves to shut down a news station for being a 'problem'. You never know. They asked the public to turn in people who were sending out anti-obamacare emails and newsfeeds.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:18 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Nope, it's not a violation of anything, unless the administration moves to shut down a news station for being a 'problem'. You never know. They asked the public to turn in people who were sending out anti-obamacare emails and newsfeeds.

Gotta a source? I would like to see the exact wording.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:51 pm

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things/

http://earthhopenetwork.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3020

The white house:

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out
there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care.
These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or
through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them
here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an
email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that
seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Reads to me like asking for a opportunity to correct misinformation, not surprising after a summer of "Healthcare reform is a plot to kill old people...republicans...etc," ad nauseam.

But I am well aware that some people are paranoid.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:11 am

Yup, I am. "Which database are these names going on?"

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:39 am

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Nope, it's not a violation of anything, unless the administration moves to shut down a news station for being a 'problem'. You never know. They asked the public to turn in people who were sending out anti-obamacare emails and newsfeeds.

It's another sign of the White House's aggressively going after Fox

to me that means Fox stations get intensive FCC review while other Stations get a pass and so on...

We've been through all this before: George Washington was Alexander Hamilton's lover-false

Thomas Jefferson's black children had free run of the plantation- true

politics as usual
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:42 am

sacrificialgoddess wrote:
Davelaw wrote:None of you see this as problematic? A sitting President does not like criticism; so he violates the first amendment?

Criticism is not a law.

And I will note that I have the exactly same problem with Air America and MSNBC on the other side of the map.

abridging freedom of the press-that includes opinion pieces dressed as news, satire, parody and I would argue slander and liable- I don't believe you can slander or liable public political figures
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:30 am

Davelaw wrote:
sacrificialgoddess wrote:

Criticism is not a law.

abridging freedom of the press-that includes opinion pieces dressed as news, satire, parody and I would argue slander and liable- I don't believe you can slander or liable public political figures

Slander and libel are telling lies. You don't think people tell lies about political figures?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:35 am

i don' t think they have standing to complain
I think it's open season to lie about political figures- thus my historical example of Alexander Hamilton
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:10 am

Davelaw wrote:i don' t think they have standing to complain
I think it's open season to lie about political figures- thus my historical example of Alexander Hamilton

I guess I'm confused again as to what your meaning is, Dave, but I see the statement about Jefferson's children by Sally Hemmings as one that was only recently proven true when the DNA results were released. Till then, it was typically discredited as a politically motivated lie despite some evidence that people in Jefferson's time believed it to be true.

For all we know, Washington could have been bisexual and might actually have been Hamilton's lover. They reportedly had an extremely close friendship that cooled somewhat when Hamilton finally married.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:23 pm

exactly correct as to the facts of both cases-but both were spread as to politically harm politicians who were public figures-and were found not to be actionable in that day; nor are they in ours

when you step into the public political arena-you have to stand there and take it-you don't have the luxury of a Hollywood actor of suing to stop misinformation
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:53 pm

Nobody's suing. He's just not treating Fox News as a reputable news source, which it isn't. Fox is free to continue making up sh!t and passing it off as reliable information all it wishes.

As for the FCC, Fox News will be treated as any other entertainment network, same as Fox and NBC, et al. There's absolutely nothing to indicate anything different. Just because the White House refuses to treat Fox News as a reputable news network doesn't indicate any sinister plots against it.
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:10 pm

I must say, SC, that I've quit watching the local news on Fox. Hubby likes them in the morning because their traffic updates are more thorough and frequent than those on the "Big Three" locally.

Has there been a gory possibly gang-related killing? It's all over Fox in gruesome detail. Multi-vehicle pileup? Yep, Fox is aiming their cameras to get all the crunched car details possible.

The guy who worked for Joyce Meyer ministry accused of cold-bloodedly murdering his wife and two kids? Yep...there's Fox to tell me all about it with the reporter practically slavering meanwhile.

I really think that they decided they had to make the local news more thrilling since their regular viewers are accustomed to the uproar level of Hannity and O'Reilly.

No, thanks...I'll watch NBC local news which has some discernment and dignity!
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down