Clash of the Gods ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clash of the Gods ...

Post by Ottr on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:37 pm

Just a heads up for those interested …
The History Channel’s “Clash of the Gods” program is covering Thor, Monday (tomorrow) night 11 pm Eastern.

And … on a side note, my oldest daughter had to poke a little fun at me by asking how long into the program I think it’ll be before I start critiquing the show. I think I'm becoming predictable.
Ottr

Back to top Go down

Re: Clash of the Gods ...

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:43 pm

I'm intrigued, though I started watching the episode on Heracles, the fact that they refer to him as Hercules... already has my hokum detector going off...

Zeus, having an "illicit affair"...

One would think the original material would be enough to go on without "saucing it up" without jump cuts and extreme close ups...

And LOTR, I love the Silmarilion to death, but one would think that there would be more than enough mythological material to go on without resorting to the fictional?

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ottr on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:02 am

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:
One would think the original material would be enough to go on without "saucing it up" without jump cuts and extreme close ups...

LoL! C’mon … You don’t like the close up shots that show the funky contact lenses the Gods wore? Surely that has to be authentic!

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:
And LOTR, I love the Silmarilion to death, but one would think that there would be more than enough mythological material to go on without resorting to the fictional?

I was thinking that myself. Don’t get me wrong, I like LOTR, but geez, maybe they could have just picked one of the mythologies that Tolkien drew from, (Finnish would even have been nice) and focused on that.
Ack well, we’ll see how they handle Thor.
Ottr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:53 am

Ottr wrote:
Gorm_Sionnach wrote:

I was thinking that myself. Don’t get me wrong, I like LOTR, but geez, maybe they could have just picked one of the mythologies that Tolkien drew from, (Finnish would even have been nice) and focused on that.

... when Donald Blake tap's his magic walking stick... Wink

Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Tell her it will probably take as long as it did for you to start yelling at the tv when spike showed its "deadliest warrior" viking v samuri.

Thanks for the heads up by the way, I've been waiting for them to move off of the Greek/roman gods for a while
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Ottr on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:28 pm

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:
Ottr wrote:
Gorm_Sionnach wrote:

... when Donald Blake tap's his magic walking stick...

Ya know, if they bring Donald Blake into the show there’s going to be more than words flying at the TV. I’ve got slippers for ammunition, and a wicked throwing arm.
Ok … I’ll probably keep them on my feet …. But it’s a thought.
Ottr

Back to top Go down

Post by Ottr on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:31 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Tell her it will probably take as long as it did for you to start yelling at the tv when spike showed its "deadliest warrior" viking v samuri.

Thanks for the heads up by the way, I've been waiting for them to move off of the Greek/roman gods for a while

Hello All … Pleased to meet you. Is there something specific you like to be called, or is All ok?

I saw the Vikings vs. Samuri too. I remember thinking the little samuri dude was just too big for his britches. Cocky little turd.
And, you’re welcome. I’ve been waiting for them to move on from the Greek gods as well.
Ottr

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:48 pm

"All" is good. Hail and well met.

Does "Ottr" work for you?
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Ottr on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:49 pm

“Ottr” works for me. I’ll answer to “Hey you!”, too.
“Wench” … not so much.
Ottr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:42 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Tell her it will probably take as long as it did for you to start yelling at the tv when spike showed its "deadliest warrior" viking v samuri.

Hey, be thankful your Gods are even getting a mention... I'll not be holding my breath to see Lugh or Cúchulain up there. Razz

Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:59 pm

Ya got a point. I am spoiled in that aspect.

You should raise hell.

Wink
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top