Fall TV series anyone?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fall TV series anyone?

Post by OmarKhayyam on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:59 am

I am curious to see what they do with "V." Will they try to be half serious about it and pick up on BattleStar or will it be just another alien horror show?

There is a lot they could do with the premise if the producers and writers want to go there. The original just got silly toward the end and became just a mess
OmarKhayyam

Back to top Go down

Post by OmarKhayyam on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:29 am

My mind is on overdrive this AM and I get V out of head. (I should. I have got 3 stories here that I need to finish!) BUT suppose the V aliens are not what they seem. (Trying not to give away anything here for the benefit of those who do not remember the original.)

Suppose the visitors are an unpopular life form (hint hint What a Face ) and because of that are outcasts; universally disliked in the galaxy by all space-faring species, a long standing prejudice. They have come to earth because we are pre-warp and they hope to prevent us from developing the same dislike for them that all the other space-faring species share. Training us before we get out there so to speak. They are doing this with all the close but not yet space-faring species. (They locate such species via radio and TV signals. That is how they know what they should look like.) So the purpose of their coming isn’t domination but friendship. BUT they are disliked for a reason. They are just not very likable folk – appearance aside.

Good writers could do a lot with that. Smile

Like just suppose the meteor that killed off the dinos never hit. What would an intelligent species look like?
OmarKhayyam

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyKweer on Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:07 pm

What is this 'TV' thing of which you speak?

HappyKweer

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:24 pm

OmarKhayyam wrote:My mind is on overdrive this AM and I get V out of head. (I should. I have got 3 stories here that I need to finish!) BUT suppose the V aliens are not what they seem. (Trying not to give away anything here for the benefit of those who do not remember the original.)

Suppose the visitors are an unpopular life form (hint hint What a Face ) and because of that are outcasts; universally disliked in the galaxy by all space-faring species, a long standing prejudice. They have come to earth because we are pre-warp and they hope to prevent us from developing the same dislike for them that all the other space-faring species share. Training us before we get out there so to speak. They are doing this with all the close but not yet space-faring species. (They locate such species via radio and TV signals. That is how they know what they should look like.) So the purpose of their coming isn’t domination but friendship. BUT they are disliked for a reason. They are just not very likable folk – appearance aside.

Good writers could do a lot with that. Smile

Like just suppose the meteor that killed off the dinos never hit. What would an intelligent species look like?

I love the original. I really hope this one doesn't suck.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Me too. I had a crush on Ham Tyler. Smile

Have we mentioned Castle? Did anyone see the opening last week with the tip of the hat to Firefly? It's on YouTube. Worth a look for Firefly fans. Very cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf8REc-mqGA

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Oh, yeah! Loved the shout-out! Very Happy

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/