Electric Cars

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Electric Cars

Post by tmarie64 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Just because you can't take it with you doesn't mean you should toss it in the shitter and flush it.
Donate it to a local shelter and feed the hungry.

When electric cars are practical, I'll look at them. Until then, I'm not going to be stupid and buy something that will not be practical. Spending money on something that is not practical or useful is stupid. It's not practical in the area I live in and until it is, it would be beyond stupid to buy one.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:29 pm

Tina, I disagree that buying an electric car is like flushing money down the toilet.
I agree with you that you would be really stupid to buy a car you don't want. I'm glad that you don't plan to do that.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:04 pm

As someone who's had 100 drug dealers plead "C'mon, bro, you got $5 for gas 'cause I'm stranded", I can hear it now... "Hey bro, I just need to borrow your plug for 5 minutes man so I can get home.."

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:02 pm

Well, at least that wouldn't cost you anything, TED. The hotel owners pay the electric bill don't they?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Haha, it wouldn't, but I don't pander to thugs regardless.

Last night at 3 am I had a group check in that wanted to party. The girl of the group gave me a big attitude. I put them in a first floor room and they came back in, about 2 minutes later, and said they wanted to be upstairs away from people. I said fine, but you'd better keep it down and took back their old keys and gave them new ones. I should have gone to check the first room but didn't.... I know better than this... this morning at 8 am, you guessed it, they'd partied up and slept in both rooms just paying for one. At checkin I got one of the guy's name but I didn't get hers... so he's banned but she's not. Next time I see the little c-word I'm gonna light her ass up. <

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:21 pm

I am sorry you have these issues Tiger, However I truly admire the way you handle these things. You need to rub off some of that bravery on to me. I could use it

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:35 pm

Aww, thanks, MC; She just really got me angry because she was so mean/nasty, after we're the only hotel that's going to let her check in without a credit card, being from the city, knowing what she's going to do in the room. And then she her groupies went and essentially 'stole' the first room, which I should have checked to be sure was empty. I didn't say a cross word to her last night, but you better believe I will if she's dumb enough to come back.

Edit: I didnt mean to divert the thread, I was just angry and had to spout off. I'm done. Very Happy

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramgoti009 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:05 pm

Agreed, electric cars which are charged from traditional grids are not as environmentally friendly as most people believe. That electricity is generated elsewhere, usually by burning, unless you live near a large hydro electric dam or near a lot of windmills. In the case of coal-fired electricity, you're just moving the pollution from all over the street to the source of the power.

The greenest transportation would be an electric vehicle which is charged from a renewable source. If your home were set up for solar-electric generation, you could use your home's electricity to charge your car's batteries. If your home is near a hydroelectric dam or a wind power generation area, then you're much greener than the rest of the coal fired electric areas.

Ramgoti009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top