No Shirt, No Shoes, Not Christian - No Service

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: No Shirt, No Shoes, Not Christian - No Service

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:08 pm

Beautiful_Dreamer wrote:

Thanks, MC! And I love your icon, it's adorable!
Thank you
Yours looks like it is trying to give kisses Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jumbojava on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:09 am

DotNotInOz wrote:
"My personal feeling is that it's not something that I'd want to have anything to do with," said Jane Lesher, standing Friday amid the yarn creations of her shop The Soxy Lady, which will close Saturday...

The "Soxy" Lady? ICK! and mega-ick.

That's so cutesy (and borderline smarmy) that I'd be grateful as hell she's choosing to close that day.

In town Friday, one shop had a wreath and a sign on the door that said "Proud to be an American." A note on the door says the owner would be in Washington on Saturday "actively supporting my political beliefs. And of course NOT SUPPORTING the activity taking place in the village today."

Ooookay. So, if your beliefs compel you to close rather than do business with those "nasty" Pagans and witches, at least have the good manners to put a note on the door that says no more than, "Closed until Monday." 'Nuff said, no need to belabor your reason for closing.

But no, gotta proclaim that you're among "the righteous."

ICK, again!

I am constantly baffled by the fear and paranoia of these kind of foks.

They both infuriates and saddens me. I get so frustrated for you know people like this just will not listen to you.

They DONT want to hear you. They DONT want to see you.

They simply DO NOT WANT US AROUND.

The whole thing is just petty, stupid and immature. It makes me wonder if humanity as a whole is ever going to pull its collective head out of its ass and grow up....

sheesh.
jumbojava

Back to top Go down

Post by Daldianus on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:14 am

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:
DotNotInOz wrote:
Beautiful_Dreamer wrote:Aside from all that...how stupid would a merchant have to be to close up shop on a day when a town is having a festival and basically crawling with new potential customers? Especially in this economy?

Just as stupid, IMO, as a former student of mine who remarked that she patronizes Christian businesses and professionals over all others.

When asked if she needed an oncologist, for example, and heard that the best one for miles around was Jewish whereas the only other within a reasonable distance was a Christian, she insisted that she'd not even consider the Jewish doctor.

Yeeeeaaaahhh. Makes perfect sense in my books.

We're taught that. You financially support Your Own Kind unless you have no other choice.

I assume 'own kind' does not equal to 'human'?

Daldianus

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:38 am

I'm telling you, this is like the hysteria of 50s/60s all over again, with the fear and making choices based, not upon talent and good sense but because the person has the "right" religion/political party/skin color/gender orientation/gender. Like the McCarthy Era and Bomb Shelters, Better Dead than Red segueing into fear of the Make Love Not War generation.

It's because the world is changing quickly and they are afraid of what it is turning into. Fear causes people to develop a cluster mentality, where they fear and hate everyone who isn't just like them and want them to disappear. They feel powerless. They listen to people who make them feel even more powerless and afraid.

They're building fortress MacMansions in gated communities instead of a backyard bomb shelters but they send their children to private church schools (private country clubs and the all-white schools anyone?) where they won't be contaminated by new ideas or anyone who is different than they are and socialize and do business only with their kind. But you all remember your history, don't you? What comes next? Yep, the rebelling Flower Children. We're in the midst of that right now.

It's really going to be interesting to see what develops in the next decade.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daldianus on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:24 pm

I've not experienced the 50s/60s but it does indeed look like a Deja Vu if one has read about that time and how people reacted.

Real life (and especially American politics) is my favorite soap opera right now ...

Daldianus

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Silly. Its make love then war, then some more love to prove nothing important got shot off.

People are putting up walls to keep the community away, instead of building a community that will be a bastion itself. Oddly enough, the ones screaming to cut the funds that would make building that bastion possible are the ones needing walls and gates to escape their own handiwork. Go figure.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 am

In the immortal words of Pogo. We have met the enemy & it is us.

And I agree that it's looking more like the 50s & 60s. History repeats itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top