Back to top Go down

Re: No Shirt, No Shoes, Not Christian - No Service

Post by DeavonReye on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:20 pm

Fear is often paralyzing.
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:00 pm

Their businesses, their business, their problem.
If they want to close on the single busiest shopping day of the week, let'em. There'll be someone else to take the money that they lose.
They are not obligated to be open, and have the right to close because they don't believe/like pagans.
No one has any right to criticize them, at least they are honest about it.
Narrow-minded... yep... but it's their loss.

Frankly, it's better they close than present a hostile face.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:08 pm

"However, Glenda Poole, owner of the Village Sweet Shoppe and president of the village's property owners association, said she "absolutely plans to be open.

"Any kind of event is good for the village. (The pagans and witches) are not going to be running naked around the fountain. I think this is a big to-do about nothing."

High fives to Glenda Poole, the smartest Shoppe owner on the block. If the event does well, my money is on the other shoppe keepers changing their minds over time. (I don't care what label a person gives themselves; cash is king when running a business.)

It looks like a cool event!
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:15 pm

That's a few shops I won't be visiting if I ever go up to PA....I don't think they have any franchises, otherwise I might avoid them too if this sort of thing is their company's policy. Yes, they might have the right to close or not serve pagans or witches (I don't know, since pagans are a religion and a protected group?), but I also have the right to tell them what I think of them with my money.

Aside from all that...how stupid would a merchant have to be to close up shop on a day when a town is having a festival and basically crawling with new potential customers? Especially in this economy?
Beautiful_Dreamer

http://theprozacqueen.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:26 am

Beautiful_Dreamer wrote:Aside from all that...how stupid would a merchant have to be to close up shop on a day when a town is having a festival and basically crawling with new potential customers? Especially in this economy?

Just as stupid, IMO, as a former student of mine who remarked that she patronizes Christian businesses and professionals over all others.

When asked if she needed an oncologist, for example, and heard that the best one for miles around was Jewish whereas the only other within a reasonable distance was a Christian, she insisted that she'd not even consider the Jewish doctor.

Yeeeeaaaahhh. Makes perfect sense in my books.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:39 am

DotNotInOz wrote:
Beautiful_Dreamer wrote:Aside from all that...how stupid would a merchant have to be to close up shop on a day when a town is having a festival and basically crawling with new potential customers? Especially in this economy?

Just as stupid, IMO, as a former student of mine who remarked that she patronizes Christian businesses and professionals over all others.

When asked if she needed an oncologist, for example, and heard that the best one for miles around was Jewish whereas the only other within a reasonable distance was a Christian, she insisted that she'd not even consider the Jewish doctor.

Yeeeeaaaahhh. Makes perfect sense in my books.

We're taught that. You financially support Your Own Kind unless you have no other choice.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:49 am

That is scary, I want the best, I do not care what beliefs are held by the practitioner, service person...what have you.

It always amazes me that the most un-peaceful and intolerant are the ones who claim to be the most, yet prove against it everyday.

Oh well, makes no sense. guess I was brought up wrong

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:52 am

What do you know? You're just a heathen sinner.

Laughing

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:03 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:What do you know? You're just a heathen sinner.

Laughing

You beastie with the beautiful hair, you

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:00 pm

If a person wants to shut because they don't want to be open when there may be pagans about, that is their right. Serving some but not others based on faith is not permitted, but choosing not to open at all certainly is.

They will of course burn in hell for serving all those Pagans they failed to ask about. An eternity of torment for offering biscotti to the enemy. Sad really.

Oddly the local Muslims were quick to get a cart out at our last event, knowing their veggi wraps would find good markets. Perhaps Islam is just more tolerant? Or it could be this particular shopkeeper is just a bozo.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:06 pm

It's their right, and there was a time when I was so scared of Pagans I'd have done the same.

However, from their Christian perspective, wouldn't it be more serviant of their faith to be "in the lion's den", open the store, and use that as an opportunity to evangelize?

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Why afraid of Pagans? I would think someone of that mindset would feel bad for them not afraid of them.

What do those afraid of Pagans fear in particular? Sincerely question. I am really puzzled.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:40 pm

Oh you know, we were taught they were demon-possessed, would sacrifice your pets (or kids), even talking to them could seduce you into their evil ways (if you weren't strong enough). Witches were sometimes powerful workers of evil.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Interesting, thank you Tiger.

Just seems odd to me that they do not believe that YWHW would protect them, from such dangers as Pagans.

Very sad to live in fear like that. In Catholic school they taught us Pagans all went to hell, but never said we had to fear them particularly.

At that time I was about 9 or 10. It really seemed bad to be a Pagan, then I grew up and found out..........I was one

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:47 pm

LOL!

Well you know the Baptist thought... God is stronger than Satan, but only in theory.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:48 pm

LOL You big silly. Glad you do not fear Pagans. My life would not be the same without you.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:51 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:LOL You big silly. Glad you do not fear Pagans. My life would not be the same without you.

Imagine MY shock and horror when I found out I was one of the hell-bound pagan-minded sinners!

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:51 pm

From a business owners perspective, it is their right to refuse service to anyone at any time, for any reason.

A patron has the right to refuse to get the service, at any time, for any reason.

While I don't agree with their reasoning, I can't say that they should be forced to do any different.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:57 pm

I agree with you ALL, in a semi free society we should have rights of refusal to things like that. I believe that with the only exception of denying care to someone you don't like.
The way some nut job doctors, (I can't remember where, I think California) say they wont see Gay people, because of their religion.

That scares me because if they wont treat Gay people, then they wont treat anyone who is not their flavour. And that could lead to lives being lost. Apart from that. I just say to the shop keepers it's their money lost.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:57 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:
MaineCaptain wrote:LOL You big silly. Glad you do not fear Pagans. My life would not be the same without you.

Imagine MY shock and horror when I found out I was one of the hell-bound pagan-minded sinners!
That must have been very scary

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:03 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:I agree with you ALL, in a semi free society we should have rights of refusal to things like that. I believe that with the only exception of denying care to someone you don't like.
The way some nut job doctors, (I can't remember where, I think California) say they wont see Gay people, because of their religion.

That scares me because if they wont treat Gay people, then they wont treat anyone who is not their flavour. And that could lead to lives being lost. Apart from that. I just say to the shop keepers it's their money lost.

Worse than that, is those who say they will treat all kinds of people, but in practice not give them the treatment that they need. I've run across that one too.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:15 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

Worse than that, is those who say they will treat all kinds of people, but in practice not give them the treatment that they need. I've run across that one too.

all
Oh great, what a good world we are in. I know people are only human, but what ever happened to doing ones best?

We all make mistakes but we should at least try to do the very best we can.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:26 pm

I think a thing that is over looked, is that, say someone has some kind of different sex practice. They don't come in looking for someone to do it with. And their money spends as easy as anyone else's. Their 20's have a picture of Jackson on them like everyone else's.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Yeah but they have all those dirty gay diseases.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top