Only 50

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Only 50

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:54 am

When people exhort you to have kids, maybe it'd get the message across if you replied, "So, how much money do you make, and when did you last get laid?"

These days, probably wouldn't work but might be worth a try. Cool Wink
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:11 pm

[quote="sacrificialgoddess"]
Willowcreek70633 wrote:

I've had more people tell me to have kids lately. Just wondered if there was one more out there.

What on earth is their motive, I wonder....

Being a mom is alltogether fantastic and terrifying, and it has altered every single aspect of my life in ways I never imangined. I wouldn't change it for anything else the Universe could offer.....

.... but there's no way in hell I'd force this gift on another. (Forcing someone to bear and raise a child when that child is not wanted is profoundly wrong.)

*sigh* Peace to you and your hubby SG. I wish I could send you some ear plugs too Smile
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:43 pm

I'm guessing their motive isn't that of my hubby's best friend at work when we got married three years ago.

He greeted hubby as usual, congratulated him, and then asked, "So when ya planning on having kids?"--knowing full well that I'm old enough to be HIS mother and am not that far from being Medicare eligible.

We both thought it was pretty funny.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:44 pm

Eh, its not that kids are unwanted. We haven't been able to conceive, so at this point, we are just letting it go. We don't want to become those crazy people you hear about who destroy their marriage trying to get pregnant, you know?

But it doesn't mean that people who really don't know what is going on aren't pushing us to "go ahead and have them."

If it happens, it happens. But there's really no sign that it will ever happen at this point.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Heck. I was 40 when we gave birth to our daughter. No, that isn't a misprint. It's how PB&A & I felt. In our case we both wanted children. But due to several surgeries PB&A had when she was younger we were told that we would most likely be ever to get pregnant. And don't tell me about adoption. We tried to adopt but with all the red tape & all it didn't happen. Then we found out we were pregnant. I was PB&A's LaMaze coach. I was with my Lady all through labor & delivery. PB&A, bless her heart, gave birth naturally. No pain shots, no epidurals, et cetera. After 12 hours of labor she gave birth to our daughter. By this time she was so worn out that I was the first to hold our daughter. When she opened her eyes right away & looked at me with such big beautiful eyes she had her Daddy hooked. I helped with the middle of the night feedings & changing of diapers. After all we were a team & I had a little something to do with PB&A getting pregnant. I cherish the memories of those days. When she was colicky, I was the only one who could calm her down. I would carry her in my arms & sing, very off key & all, to her. She loved it & it soothed her. After all PB&A & I were a team. And I couldn't allow myself to disappoint PB&A. That & that I wanted to be the Father to our daughter that I never had growing up. But I would also say to those who don't have children & are being preasured by friends & family to not give in. It must be the couples decision & theirs alone on if to have children or remain childless. My Aunt & Uncle remained childless all their lives. And were very happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum