Only 50

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Only 50

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:15 pm

Bette. My Gawd child, you're not a old crone. You're still a youngster in the prime of life & way too young for gray hairs. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Re: Only 50

Post by Bette The Red on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:54 am

Hey, I love being a Crone. It is a magical word of Power for me.

I feel very privileged to have joined the ranks of the wise women. I still sit at the feet of the seniors.

It is a bit spooky not to have a single grey hair at 50. Now I wish I could find that story in Gerald Durrell's My Family and Other Animals, a book I'd heartily recommend.

I've been remodelling the house and the books are everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I thought I'd broken a baby toe last week smashing into a random pile of them that was in my way.

Bette The Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Is there such a thing as young crone?

Bette, i'm not far behind-I turn 48 thanksgiving weekend (in the US, thats the end of November)
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Davelaw wrote:Is there such a thing as young crone?

Bette, i'm not far behind-I turn 48 thanksgiving weekend (in the US, thats the end of November)

Mam o man. You're even more of a child Dave. LMAO! Beer Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:34 am

bounce Well Bette, fancy meeting you here! We left off on the Cat boards over on BNET, super place for some spirtuality here! Great people, fun times, & so relaxing! Hope to run into you soon here!

I'm older than Dirt/xxx.....Dave? He's a cutey but John thinks I'm cuter!
Warlord? Look here lover boy...its not about the age, its all about the outlook! Where is your wife nowadays? Hangin out over at the Dawg?

Bette? Crone & 50? (sigh) Aw, such peaceful words! Hug
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:56 pm

Davelaw wrote:Is there such a thing as young crone?

Coincidentally, around that same time, I am turning 34.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:34 pm

At the same time, I'm going to turn 61. We'll all have to celebrate! cheers

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:09 pm

I know Joseph is still younger, so I don't feel bad saying that I will be turning 33
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:15 pm

It's a good age. I have a daughter that age. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:19 pm

It is a good age.

It's also a weird age.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:23 pm

I hate to tell you but they all are!

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:29 pm

affraid
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:49 pm

LOL Gilly, indeed they are!!!

I'll be 40 this November and I'm a whole new sort of weird.
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:18 pm

Hey, they are all really cool ages!

Born weird, am weird, gonna age weird! Hippie

Young crones, aged well maidens, & old mothers! LOL! Seriously though SG, we carry each stage within us & draw from which ever Lady suits us at the moment! But you got to really get into the phases, 1st!

Maiden, innocent, ever searching, the sky's the limit, take a stand, a warrior bounce

Mother, nesting, drawing her loved ones in, nurturing, teaching, giving, guiding cheers

Crone, just a crazy ol broad that does what she damn well pleases! Stir lol!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:22 pm

I have no idea what stage I am in, I am still trying to figure out how to sew wild oats, and I am the same age as Sakhaiva, actually several months older.

I got confused some place.

Oh and on a different note, Willow, I dreamed of Rose last nice. Weird, She pops into the dreams out of no where and is not a member of the dream cast, but a separate little being. She looks bewildered.

Sorry about the off topic.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:32 pm

That's what my Emily did several times after her death. She wasn't bewildered, it felt like she just popped in maybe because she missed me a little or wanted to see that I was okay. I don't know.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:36 pm

Really Gilly? That is interesting, She has done it several times now. It was an odd dream anyway. She came out of no where and I was surprised, and I picked her up. She was looking at me the direct way she did in life.
Beautiful cat. And I could feel her, but the whole time I was thinking how can you be here? And the vibe was her being bewildered. Perhaps because in life she could not fully use her body and now she is unsure of herself, or surprised at the differences?

I don't know.

I could really feel her in my arms it was nice.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:08 pm

The topic darling is.....ONLY 50!

So according to old men like the really cool Warlord, & old women like the wonderful & fantastic Gillyflower, (sigh) WE ARE JUST youngsters! bounce

Well your dream & topic of Rose is not off topic, us youngsters are just plain off in our own little worlds! Hippie (Wait that was their generation! affraid) alien much better

Rose? Wow, isn't that wonderful that she shows up in your dreams??? Can't just move on ya know, there is something she needs to tell you or show you...so the next couple of days look for the clue!

And NO. We're not whispering secrets! Rolling Eyes
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Question Damn see what happens when I put Maw Maw to bed?????

She's visited several times you say Main Captain....aw...((((Rose)))) well yes then she needs to show you something or YOU dear friend need to notice something...Maybe its all about your green patch by the house & she's bewildered about the changes your going through? I still say she needs to show you something honey! Something that when you see it, notice it, both with your eyes & heart...you will rest easier for it! Understand?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:16 pm

I think I understand, and I will keep an eye out and my heart open Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:18 am

Willowcreek70633 wrote:Hey, they are all really cool ages!

Born weird, am weird, gonna age weird!

Young crones, aged well maidens, & old mothers! LOL! Seriously though SG, we carry each stage within us & draw from which ever Lady suits us at the moment! But you got to really get into the phases, 1st!

Maiden, innocent, ever searching, the sky's the limit, take a stand, a warrior

Mother, nesting, drawing her loved ones in, nurturing, teaching, giving, guiding

Crone, just a crazy ol broad that does what she damn well pleases!

Is this another push to get me to have kids?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:55 pm

affraid SG!!! Heavens no, I'm the last one to push for anyone to HAVE kids! Raised 5, want to borrow one? They're all adults now! But I'd hand them over to you for the last part of parenthood, REALLY! Which one do you want?

Some people think you have to be a mother to nest, draw in loved ones, nurture, teach, give & guide. Teachers, aunts, volunteers, medical profession, babysitters, whatever a woman chooses to do, after she has figured out who she is, why & where she is headed...ah...maiden know thyself 1st & foremost!
You are a journalist, are you not? You give of yourself! You share with others, you teach, you guide & you nurture your homelife!
Push to have kids?....Woman please!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:01 am

Willowcreek70633 wrote: SG!!! Heavens no, I'm the last one to push for anyone to HAVE kids! Raised 5, want to borrow one? They're all adults now! But I'd hand them over to you for the last part of parenthood, REALLY! Which one do you want?

Some people think you have to be a mother to nest, draw in loved ones, nurture, teach, give & guide. Teachers, aunts, volunteers, medical profession, babysitters, whatever a woman chooses to do, after she has figured out who she is, why & where she is headed...ah...maiden know thyself 1st & foremost!
You are a journalist, are you not? You give of yourself! You share with others, you teach, you guide & you nurture your homelife!
Push to have kids?....Woman please!

I've had more people tell me to have kids lately. Just wondered if there was one more out there.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:59 am

I don't understand people like that! My oldest son's in-laws are like that. They want them to "make them grandparents"! OM Goodness! I want my children to get out, see & do the world before they settle down with marriage or a family. And if their family consist of just two adults...thats cool beans in my book! I am a GRAND mother for our only daughter (they put the cart before the horse!) But I was the one who had to tell her. "Honey you have NOT ruined your life. If you want to continue on w your dreams you & hubby just have to take up the art of juggling, thats all!" Laughing I do not live my life through my children, never did, won't, & don't plan on!
Oh and btw, SG...this crap about women aren't women until they become barefoot & pregnant is for the idiots of the world! I had a wonderful spinster Aunt, that was more of the MOTHER figure in my life than my own mother! She was a lady who rocked & rolled a house of 13 people! She tended to the extended family's needs, but we ALL knew never to piss her off! Oh she took everything in stride, & good humor! Her vulgar vocabulary was "Damn". She could of went out to work, but she chose not to. She was the financier of the home. What ever she needed she received, not only for the house but for herself. She forever learned, kept her mind involved with reading, & cross word puzzles, kept abreast of the worlds events, she graduated high school over 15 times over a course of 50yrs with her younger sisters/brothers, & us nieces/nephews! On paper she had a 4th grade education. She knew that her gifts & presence was needed to keep 13 people secure, productfull citizens, happy & well loved! Very Happy
So don't let anyone bullshit ya, SG... you don't need your own children to leave a mark in someone's life! I love you
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:08 am

It's a personal choice and there are pros and cons for both sides. One of my girls doesn't want children. Her fiance has a young girl and she likes to have her for a weekend every so often or a day and then give her back, so to speak. She thinks that it is the ideal situation for her, because she travels and has a stressful job that she likes and doesn't want to give up. Often she is exhausted by the time she gets home and doesn't want to have to deal with a child.

The other two will probably have them, if it works out that way, but they all have full and busy lives. They will have really good lives whether or not they do ever have children. It's such a personal choice that I've never encouraged them to have them. I'm not the one who would have to stay up all night with a sick child or have to go to work when I'd much rather stay home with the child.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum