Football season.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Football season.

Post by AutumnalTone on Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:36 pm

Cool.

Years ago I was able to devote a large amount of time in following teams and watching games (and could find lots of games on cable) to where my brother quit betting on games with me. I've avoided any fantasy football because I suspect I'd start losing major chunks of time on research of teams and players and that's not something that fits in my life any more.

So, I'll participate vicariously through your progress reports.
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:41 am

SeventhCrow wrote:Cool.

Years ago I was able to devote a large amount of time in following teams and watching games (and could find lots of games on cable) to where my brother quit betting on games with me. I've avoided any fantasy football because I suspect I'd start losing major chunks of time on research of teams and players and that's not something that fits in my life any more.

So, I'll participate vicariously through your progress reports.

I play mainly for fun. There's mo money involved. Just a bunch of people trying to match wits with each other. Part of the fun is seeing which team one of your starters is playing against vs which team one of your players on the bench is playing against. To me it's similar to playing Chess where you try to outsmart your opposition. Besides which it also takes my mind, small as it is, off of other matters & relaxes me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 am

This week I didn't do as good. I went 5 & 3.

Scoreboard so far of wins & losses.
2 teams @ 4-0
4 teams @ 3-1
2 teams @ 1-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:56 pm

I had a great week this week. My teams won all their games. I'm in first place in two leagues, 2nd place in three leagues, 3rd place in 1 league, but unfortunately I'm in next to last place in 2 leagues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:37 am

Disco Talking about Fantasy Football......................

WHO DAT?

HOW BOUT "THOSE AINT'S"?????????

11-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John was fixin to commit me into the mental ward of the local hospital last week.

Yep, this Sixburgh FAN, I am......found herself, rootin for those "Aint's"!!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:22 am

What's an "Aint's?"

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:31 am

Willowcreek70633 wrote:Disco Talking about Fantasy Football......................

WHO DAT?

HOW BOUT "THOSE AINT'S"?????????

11-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John was fixin to commit me into the mental ward of the local hospital last week.

Yep, this Sixburgh FAN, I am......found herself, rootin for those "Aint's"!!

Ah yes. Drew has won me a lot of points. I don't really see any team beating the Saints this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:14 am

sacrificialgoddess wrote:What's an "Aint's?"

New Orleans's Saints
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:07 pm

Davelaw wrote:
sacrificialgoddess wrote:What's an "Aint's?"

New Orleans's Saints

Hey Dave. How do you like the Snow we sent to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:42 pm

It was gone before you could blink. Try again.
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Ah yes. Drew has won me a lot of points. I don't really see any team beating the Saints this year..
warlordofks

Well, they gotta loose sometime Alex! Thought today was the day, but there I was rootin again.... JWhat IS wrong w me? Whip2!
John went into his Donald Duck hand wavin routine & asked "WHAT are YOU doing?" I laughed, & laughed! "Rootin for the underdogs...those Ain't"! He sighed, got up walked out the room & saying....Washington is 3 & 8...THERE'S your UNDERDOGS! I laughed so hard! Hysterical

bounce Dear Santa Alex,
I have been a very nice girl this yr! Thank you for our snow! I love you so much! Hug2 I want to hug you & squeeze you & love you to death! Please send snow again, lots of it too. (P.S. Santa Alex, Dave has been nice this yr & he wants lots of the snow too!) I love you
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 am

Willowcreek70633 wrote:Ah yes. Drew has won me a lot of points. I don't really see any team beating the Saints this year..
warlordofks

Well, they gotta loose sometime Alex! Thought today was the day, but there I was rootin again.... JWhat IS wrong w me? Whip2!
John went into his Donald Duck hand wavin routine & asked "WHAT are YOU doing?" I laughed, & laughed! "Rootin for the underdogs...those Ain't"! He sighed, got up walked out the room & saying....Washington is 3 & 8...THERE'S your UNDERDOGS! I laughed so hard! Hysterical

bounce Dear Santa Alex,
I have been a very nice girl this yr! Thank you for our snow! I love you so much! Hug2 I want to hug you & squeeze you & love you to death! Please send snow again, lots of it too. (P.S. Santa Alex, Dave has been nice this yr & he wants lots of the snow too!) I love you

I'm afraid that if I send too much snow those two bears, John & Dave, will go into hibernation & start snoring.

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:41 pm

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Upppity Datety. In the Fantasy Leagues it's playoff time. So here how it's going for me.

In my ESPN leagues two teams are playing for the league Championship. And two teams are playing for the consolation bracket.

In the Fox Sports Leagues. One team is in first place, two teams in second place. These three teams receive a first round bye. The last team is in third place.

All the Leagues have twelve teams each.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:41 am

In two of the leagues I finished next to last. In four others I'm playing for the Championship. In the other two of the eight leagues I finished in the middle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Time to brag. In two of my leagues this year on Fox Sports I'm the Champion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top