I Need To Let This Out

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I Need To Let This Out

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:04 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I may have to check that out if I have another infestation, universe forbid.
Yes, I wish for you and your kids, flea free life.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:08 pm

I've been trying to figure out what purpose in the universal slot fleas fill. They must be good for something, food for someone, a reason they exist but, argh!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:39 pm

I agree, Willow, that fresh garlic minced would be preferable. Thing is that my cats wouldn't touch food with fresh garlic in it, but they oinked up the same food dowsed liberally with garlic powder. Might be that the oils are more prominent in fresh garlic or something. I dunno. I generally preferred garlic powder for its keeping qualities anyway and absence of mess from having to mince the stuff.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:46 pm

I get woken up to licks on the nose/lips that are already bad enough! Laughing

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:05 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I've been trying to figure out what purpose in the universal slot fleas fill. They must be good for something, food for someone, a reason they exist but, argh!
I don't know that anything eats fleas, if I could find It I might move it in.

It is one of the few things I am not nice too. They cause so much harm.

I found Wolf Creek Ranch selling the food grade Diatomaceous Earth on ebay, fairly inexpensive, (in comparison) to the prices I have been paying.
By the by, as a food additive it kills intestinal parasites too. (for animals) I don't know about people

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:27 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:
TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I've been trying to figure out what purpose in the universal slot fleas fill. They must be good for something, food for someone, a reason they exist but, argh!
I don't know that anything eats fleas, if I could find It I might move it in.

It is one of the few things I am not nice too. They cause so much harm.

I found Wolf Creek Ranch selling the food grade Diatomaceous Earth on ebay, fairly inexpensive, (in comparison) to the prices I have been paying.
By the by, as a food additive it kills intestinal parasites too. (for animals) I don't know about people

DE kills fleas? we used to use it in pool filters
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:33 pm

The type used in pool filters is poisonous, because it has had chemicals added to it. THe food grade version does kill fleas. Without killing you and your pets Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:35 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I get woken up to licks on the nose/lips that are already bad enough!
I hope you're talking about your cats, if not I don't want to know

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:36 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:The type used in pool filters is poisonous, because it has had chemicals added to it. THe food grade version does kill fleas. Without killing you and your pets Smile

how do you get them to eat it?
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:44 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:
TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I get woken up to licks on the nose/lips that are already bad enough!
I hope you're talking about your cats, if not I don't want to know

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:08 pm

Davelaw wrote:
MaineCaptain wrote:The type used in pool filters is poisonous, because it has had chemicals added to it. THe food grade version does kill fleas. Without killing you and your pets

how do you get them to eat it?
With the two cats I have that eat wet food you can mix a small amount in the food, it seems to be tasteless. I mixed it into the dogs wet food as well.
For the ones who only eat dry I simply rub it into their fur they ingest it as they bathe, Not perfect but it does work.

My indoor /outdoor was covered in the powder for days, after I rubbed it into his fur when he was not paying attention and he was powdery for days and it did seem to alleviate the fleas quite well. But he eventually washed it all off.

It feels like baby powder to the touch, no smell to speak of. pure white. I have it everywhere, Under furniture where it can't be seen and everywhere.
It vaccums up very well if you get it somewhere you don't want it, or you get rid of all the fleas

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:16 pm

like i said i'm an old pool guy- i know DE - i just wasn't aware of DE's other uses
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Funny thing is I had not heard of it for pool use until I had found it for flea control. The food grade version is used through the agriculture industry for animals and crops.

I have been doing research Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:38 pm

good for you- your research may help me as well
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:40 pm

This is not about fleas but must share...

A very funny thing happened at the library today. A man - I have no idea what was wrong with his shoe - but with every step it sounded like very, very loud multiple farts, the really rich kind they'd put into movies to get a laugh. It was the funniest thing to watch the other patrons while he walked around! They'd turn their heads, look wide eyed, then the sound would come again. People turned red trying not to laugh or they'd just start laughing, or they'd meet someone's eyes and everyone would grin. I gave it up and just went into the inner room and *died* after the look on the lady's face at circulation when he went farting up to her to check out a book. The man himself was perfectly straight faced like he was deaf or something. I've never thought it was funny but this - this was like a scene straight out of a movie.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:43 pm

Davelaw wrote:good for you- your research may help me as well
Thank you Dave, happy to help where I can Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:44 pm

Thank you Gilly for sharing that, Jeepers Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:47 pm

That's great Gilly!

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:53 pm

It was a really strange day at the library but that was the funniest thing that has happened in a long, long time!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:00 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:
Thank you Dave, happy to help where I can Smile

I like that you can put it in the litter box as well
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Davelaw wrote:
MaineCaptain wrote:
Thank you Dave, happy to help where I can

I like that you can put it in the litter box as well
Yes that is true, Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:14 pm

ok, I just did quick research myself

what I have not talked about to anyone-is i have gone through a bedbug infestation *-even so there is a chance that they could return-this will help my babies with fleas and prevent bedbugs as well and naturally and safely as well-no more nasty poisons-thanx maine-thanx so much

just ordered 6 gallons as a trial and then went to another site for a cheap dispenser

by the time I get back from NO next weekend this stuff will be here and ready for me to try

* the mere fact of bedbugs made feel dirty and nasty-like i was something less than clean
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:23 pm

OH Dave I am so glad, Yes I did read they kill bed bugs. The DE seems good for many things that spoil our lives.

Next year I am going to use it to rid my vegetable garden of slugs.

Good luck my friend Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:34 pm

Eeeeeeeeeeek! Don't EVER say "bed bugs" around a hotelier! They're a nightmare for us in the hotel world.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:41 pm

This infestation has actually negatively affected my mental health-I'm still not over it. But the kittehs have helped immensely
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum