Re: I Need To Let This Out

Post by MaineCaptain on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 am

What Warlord said Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:06 pm

Good news: I have an appt on Tuesday (the 8th).
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:31 pm

That is good news.

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:53 pm

Wow. I just spent the better part of five hours interacting (and socializing) with people ~ it's exhausting!

Time to have a snack, smoke a bowl, and take a nap!
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:53 am

Had my appointment today, it was basic intake stuff, nothing really deep. Going back in two weeks.
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:26 am

Hey, but the basic intake stuff are things that the big baddies get screened out with.

It's also nice to hear from another introvert that gets drained from personal interaction.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm taking a day, today, just to relax.
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:34 am

I know I don't know you well Kitty, but I use to self-injure and I know how important it is to seek help when you need it. Good luck and know we're all sending good thoughts your way!

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:34 am

Thank you, TH. It feels good to be taking the first step, if you know what I mean.
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:09 am

Kitty, remember we ALL have lots of garbage that we seemingly LOVE to haul around with us through out our lives. People that actually DO something about it are loving individuals! You have to 1st love yourself to be able to love others. Get on with your life, validate yourself for & to only yourself. Time has a funny way of teaching us our short comings, to act upon those short comings is rewarding!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:04 am

((((kitty)))

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:01 pm

(((((EVERYONE)))))

I love you guys.
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:27 pm

((Kitty)) I have bipolar, and so know more about depression than I would like. I am on meds too. Same with abusive relationships...I was not hit either, but the abuse was psychologically/emotionally/sexually, and I think it is this that sticks with us long after the relationships are over...please get help, I am getting ready to start some therapy to help correct the faulty thought patterns that my ex exploited (or created), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy...I'll let you know how it goes so you can try it if you want to.

I don't know what else I can say to help, but ((hug)) and feel free to use my ear if you need one.
Beautiful_Dreamer

http://theprozacqueen.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:16 pm

WMDKitty wrote:There's a plan in place. Tomorrow (likely to be "today" by the time this is read), I'm making an intake appointment @ WCPC, and hoping to get in within the week. *fingers crossed*

I think a part of what triggered this was the Garrido case. Between that, and this conversation, something was bound to give.

Wow, that article was...chilling. I've never had anything like that happen to me, I can't imagine.

How are you doing, generally and psychologically? Is there anything I can do to help?

I understand about 'lasting scars'. People who are abusive will have you believing that you deserve everything you are getting, that you can't get any better, or that 'any better' doesn't exist. You'll believe that you somehow brought on the abuse...if you were only thinner/prettier/'better', you wouldn't be treated this way. You'll be dependent on him in some way, particularly if he has managed to 'separate' you from others who can help you (this wasn't the case with me). Your self-esteem is down to the size of a pea, assuming you had any to begin with. That is how any of the other types of abuse are allowed to happpen; once you are beaten down this much, you don't really feel strong enough to fight back, if you were inclined to do so. This is the answer to the question, 'Why doesn't she leave?'; she doesn't feel that she can, or that things would be any better if she did.

Of course, I was not married to the guy, thank goodness. But he did the same old crap like manipulating me and trying to manipulate others, practically stalking me at one point, coercing or making me feel like I 'had to' do sexual things, etc. But then, I've been told by several people that this means I gave mixed messages and therefore I can't fault him for not taking no for an answer. Um...no.
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:43 pm

I'm in counseling now, which is good. VERY good.

GTG, posting from Baby Sister's apt.
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay_ho_tze on Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:49 pm

(((WMDKitty))) - I've been MIA and, catching up on things,
I am so sorry to read about the tough time you've been having ...
Very joyful that you're in counseling ...
I wanted to ask, have you considered your nutritional intake as well?
Very Important - B-complex especially -
it's water-soluble and requires daily replenishment ...
additionally it depletes quickly under stress
('under any stress lately?)
Further, B-complex is significantly involved with maintenance of our sense of well-being...
clinical signs of B-complex deficiency read like the DSM-IV,
the definitive psychiatric manual of clinically recognized criteria for mental illnesses and disorders...

Anyway, IME, and IMvhO, B-complex is profoundly misunderstood by mainstream medicine
(although I seriously wonder if that's actually on purpose to appease the drug companies *sighs*) -
I read in a long ago nursing textbook that,
in the early 1900's when the role of proper nutrition was just beginning to be understood,
a newly minted 'nutritionist' closed an insane asylum simply by adding B-complex to the diet -
all the patients got better and went home.
If you'd like more info, I'd be happy to supply it...
in the meantime, here's a hug:

Stay strong, my friend...

Nay_ho_tze

Back to top Go down

Post by heimdallsman on Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:45 pm

No, Kitty, No. Please, stay with therapy. I don't know how much you all have helped me, but, you all mean so much to me. Goddammit, I'd give anything to make you feel safer. Just know we care about you Kitty. Seriously.

heimdallsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:25 pm

It's good that you've gotten into therapy, Kitty...stick with it, and let us know how you are doing.
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Beautiful_Dreamer wrote:It's good that you've gotten into therapy, Kitty...stick with it, and let us know how you are doing.

Yes Kitty. Do keep up with the therapy. It will help you. I know it will because of everything that I've gone through since 2003. All here know the hell I've been through & still am going through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Very Happy Like most things in Life, Kitty.

Always take one day, one hour, one moment @ a time!
Trust me the rest will keep. Wink
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Nay_ho_tze wrote:(((WMDKitty))) - I've been MIA and, catching up on things,
I am so sorry to read about the tough time you've been having ...
Very joyful that you're in counseling ...
I wanted to ask, have you considered your nutritional intake as well?
Very Important - B-complex especially -
it's water-soluble and requires daily replenishment ...
additionally it depletes quickly under stress
('under any stress lately?)
Further, B-complex is significantly involved with maintenance of our sense of well-being...
clinical signs of B-complex deficiency read like the DSM-IV,
the definitive psychiatric manual of clinically recognized criteria for mental illnesses and disorders...

Anyway, IME, and IMvhO, B-complex is profoundly misunderstood by mainstream medicine
(although I seriously wonder if that's actually on purpose to appease the drug companies *sighs*) -
I read in a long ago nursing textbook that,
in the early 1900's when the role of proper nutrition was just beginning to be understood,
a newly minted 'nutritionist' closed an insane asylum simply by adding B-complex to the diet -
all the patients got better and went home.
If you'd like more info, I'd be happy to supply it...
in the meantime, here's a hug:

Stay strong, my friend...

I've never thought of this before, thanks!

Also, it would be worth it to have your thyroid checked. Hypothyroidism (under-active) can cause symptoms similar to depression...add to what is already there.
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:09 am

My computer was in the shop for a few weeks, guys. I'm SO glad to have my connection to the world restored! ^_^

So, yeah, I'm doing the talk-therapy thing twice a month, going to a "mood group" once a week, and ~16th of October, we're reviewing my meds.

I'm feeling... I'm not -sure- what I'm feeling, really, but it's a -good- feeling.

I've had my thyroid checked repeatedly -- it's normal. I'd love to have a concrete physical thing to point to, to be able to say, "look, -this- is what's causing me to be this way." But for me, I suppose, my depression (and associated issues) are rooted in the mysteries of neurobiology.

I'm supposed to be taking a B-complex, and have seriously lapsed on that. The tablets are huge, hard to swallow, and taste funny. *makes a face* And beyond that, I'm tired of taking pills. SRSLY.

Oh, good news -- my parents are cat "shopping". Naturally, I find one with the right personality, a snuggler with a loud purr (stuck on 11!), really laid back cat. Dad didn't "click" with him, and Mom was nitpicky about "oh, his hair is too long, and I don't want a black cat." (Come on, I'm willing to groom him daily, and black fur... it's BLACK. It won't clash with ANYTHING.) So as much as I've pushed them to just adopt Frankie already, they're holding out for the "perfect" cat. *sigh*
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:04 pm

bounce Very Happy Glad to hear all the GREAT news! Every step forward, is a step farther from the BS!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:10 pm

Try a different brand of B-complex, Kitty. Some are much smaller than others and the taste can vary widely also. Your therapist or a pharmacist may be able to suggest a brand that is less nasty-tasting as well as smaller.

I know that some multi-vitamins upset my digestion tremendously. Unfortunately for me, the ones I tolerate well are usually expensive health food store brands. It figures!
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:31 pm

I use dowsing to find which pills I need to take.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum