2012!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2012!

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:44 pm

bounce Yep, yep, yep!
Publicity stunt, $$$ maker.....come on gang! You remember the 1/1/01 BS don't ya? Maybe the TV's with all the REALITY & DATING & TALENT shows will go on the blitz, instead of the internet & the banks this time? Hysterical
I just couldn't help myself!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:07 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I'm hoping/planning for a consciousness jump at the end of 2012. I follow some of the Kryon stuff. We'll see.

I believe that would be more realistic than the idea of people suddenly being taken up in mid air, or the population of the earth that is left behind being destroyed by some angry deity.

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:55 pm

hexpainter wrote:Hi Maine...
it is a hoax...

A promotion for a movie that mimics reality isn't a hoax, though.

It would be a hoax only if there were no way to tell that it's actually a realistic-looking promotion. The first window of it that pops up on my computer clearly identifies Sony Pictures in the lower left corner.

Now, that people are unlikely to scrutinize this site and thus will assume that this is an actual institute is precisely what companies using such advertising hope will occur.

As the old saying goes, "Buyer beware!"
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:41 pm

very true, Dot. the sony name does not pop up when I open the page, maybe it is my software. I had to go to page source
I kept thinking if this is for real, then someone is working hard on dupeing a lot of people.

I do find the promotion in very poor taste. Since there are actually people who believe this tripe.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:02 pm

actually, they are not working very hard at all-a campaign like this is cheaper than traditional movie advertising; the HW buzz is they went into cost over runs because of the writers strike-so they opted for non-traditional buzz

FYI, Blair Witch was low budget and did their WEB stuff for the same reason-lack of funds
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:51 pm

I don't think it could be appropriately be called a "Hoax", this is what is known as Viral Marketing, though people have not always acted rationally to some of the more organic forms of it...

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:I don't think it could be appropriately be called a "Hoax", this is what is known as Viral Marketing, though people have not always acted rationally to some of the more organic forms of it...

exactly
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:40 pm

Davelaw wrote:
Gorm_Sionnach wrote:I don't think it could be appropriately be called a "Hoax", this is what is known as Viral Marketing, though people have not always acted rationally to some of the more organic forms of it...

exactly

Did hell freeze over. Here we have a Fundy, a Polytheistic, & someone who doesn't belong to any religious system ( me ) all in agreement. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:02 am

The World can't end & won't end in 2011 or 2012. Why? Because my permanant hadicap placard don't expire until 08/31/2013. So there. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:13 am

Okay, Warlord, so whose placard counts? Hubby's expires the end of September 2012. < grin >

Now, I'd be willing to yield to yours as the higher-ranking if his weren't a permanent, too.

Guess we could flip a coin mebbe?
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:53 am

warlordofks wrote:The World can't end & won't end in 2011 or 2012. Why? Because my permanant hadicap placard don't expire until 08/31/2013. So there. Very Happy

If you have a permanent handicap, why does the placard expire?

Very Happy
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Because some excuses for humans are dishonest and use a deceased relative's placard so they can get plummy parking spaces thereby avoiding exercising a few ounces off their fat asses.

Missouri now requires a renewed doctor's authorization every few years basically for the purpose of attesting that yes, you ARE still alive and are in fact the person entitled to a permanent placard. Apparently, the practice of glomming onto a dead person's placard became so widespread that it got to be ridiculous.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:22 pm

It was a joke.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:34 pm

So I figured, all, but it was such a good opportunity for a rant, I decided to rant anyway.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:55 pm

I have the placard just in case I'm riding in someone else's car. I have handicap tags on my own car. I just got the permanant one & the tag this last month. For a year I had to have tempory placards. It's the way Ks makes sure you're not abusing the right. And yes, I had to get a statement saying why I needed them & signed by my Doctor. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Anyway. Getting back to the subject of 2012. On some of the shows on the History Channel that have dealt with this & with other end of the world prognostitations that have came & passed without anything happening. The latest one is that the Mayan Calender date is based also on the fact that on that date there will be a Galactic alighment that only happens once every 26,000 years & it is this alighnment that is going to cause the end of the world due to the gravitational forces involved. Hmmmm. It wasn't long ago when there was a alighnment/conjunction of the Palanets that was going to wreck havok with the World. Well that didn't happen & neither will it happen in 2012. This Galactic event happens every 26,000 years. The World hasn't been destroyed yet. There's no Archological nor Geological evidence that shows a Worldwide destruction every 26,000 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by hexpainter on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Polar shifts.
They have discovered stripes on the ocean floor that happen when the poles shift magnetic polarity. We're about due.
hexpainter

http://www.hexpainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hexpainter on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Just to amend above... Magnetic pole shift is a slow process that doesn't affect life on the planet... Nasa magnetic pole shift article
hexpainter

http://www.hexpainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:52 pm

I had read in science mags that pole shifts induce ice ages.

But then again they're predicting a mini-ice age in abou 40 years.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:55 am

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I had read in science mags that pole shifts induce ice ages.

But then again they're predicting a mini-ice age in abou 40 years.

Now we can see what you'll look like on 12/22/2012.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kartari on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:20 am

I recall hearing on the History Channel fairly recently that we are experiencing the beginnings of a reversal, and that the ozone layer is dependent on the strong dipolar magnetic field... and without an ozone layer, no protection from the deadly solar, cosmic and other extraterrestrial radiation, so the environment and all life would die. I am no expert though, and maybe this was just an unproven hypothesis and they overblew it (I certainly never heard anything like that prior to this show). In any case, the reversal would take a very long time, so we'll be around far longer than 2012, or at least we won't be destroyed from magnetic pole reversal by then.
Kartari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:28 am

Kartari wrote:I recall hearing on the History Channel fairly recently that we are experiencing the beginnings of a reversal, and that the ozone layer is dependent on the strong dipolar magnetic field... and without an ozone layer, no protection from the deadly solar, cosmic and other extraterrestrial radiation, so the environment and all life would die. I am no expert though, and maybe this was just an unproven hypothesis and they overblew it (I certainly never heard anything like that prior to this show). In any case, the reversal would take a very long time, so we'll be around far longer than 2012, or at least we won't be destroyed from magnetic pole reversal by then.

I weep with what the history channel has become, a mixture of Spike tv and Conspiracy chat. I remember when they had more programs on history than UFO's... I'm nostalgic at 25, oh dear. Crying or Very sad

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kartari on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:50 am

They've made history more fun to learn in some ways. But accuracy should not be compromised.
Kartari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebon on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:37 am

I gave up on the History Channel when they became All Hitler, All The Time.

The pole shift is something we're actually vastly overdue for. We're also heavily overdue for a pole flip but the main danger with both isn't atmospheric effects but that we're so dependent on electronics which could be buggered up by the moving poles.
Ebon

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:07 am

Kartari wrote:I recall hearing on the History Channel fairly recently that we are experiencing the beginnings of a reversal, and that the ozone layer is dependent on the strong dipolar magnetic field... and without an ozone layer, no protection from the deadly solar, cosmic and other extraterrestrial radiation, so the environment and all life would die. I am no expert though, and maybe this was just an unproven hypothesis and they overblew it (I certainly never heard anything like that prior to this show). In any case, the reversal would take a very long time, so we'll be around far longer than 2012, or at least we won't be destroyed from magnetic pole reversal by then.

current theory says no problem with the ozone

during a reversal the poles move but don't disappear-so the atmosphere is still protected
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top