Lessons from my stomach

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lessons from my stomach

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Anyway to get back to about the title of this love fest. Here's a good drink for ya'll. Have a ice cream beer float.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm

gillyflower wrote:I think that the diaper changing remark was one made in jest because the first, or the first several times, a person changes the diaper on a baby it can be awkward. You want to do it just right and you don't want to hurt them by using the wrong stuff, so there is a learning curve, especially if the baby is of the opposite sex. That wears off with more practice.

Staying with Grandma and Granddad is not a bad thing at all, but perhaps the remark was made because the woman thought she was breast feeding. I don't know otherwise. It seems to me that if the mother wasn't breastfeeding the couple could use a good night's sleep for once.

LOL let me assure you, the diaper-changing comment was completely serious and made with concern. I definitely see what you are saying in terms of making sure you know what to do so that the baby won't get a rash or anything, though. I wondered that too. I guess it just struck me as odd that the person who said that has no children, plus she sometimes acts like she knows more than everyone else about every topic possible. Smile

Oh and another thing I forgot to mention...I'm supposed to get the hip I have problems with replaced next year. I hope so, because I wouldn't want to have kids until I do...I want to be able to be up and around for a kid, to be active enough to chase him/her around. I have a husband and family around, but I wouldn't want to have them have to do everything...that wouldn't be fair to them.
Beautiful_Dreamer

http://theprozacqueen.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:25 pm

Dammit, edit window...

I don't have kids, and it seems that there are so many new things to learn about babies and kids and families and everything that goes along with it, I can appreciate any advice I could get! She and her mother talked 'down' to everyone, though, and that was what I wondered about.
Beautiful_Dreamer

http://theprozacqueen.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 am

Well, then that's just a personality flaw.

Things go in and out of fashion in the baby and child raising world. Some people think they know all about it, when they really don't. I enjoyed thinking about this subject since I'm going to be a grandmother. I think I was pretty good as a mother and that's because I think my kids turned out well.

I'm just as sure that there were and are many other people who thought I was ruining my children by doing this or that "wrong" and don't think I did near as good a job as I think I did because the girls did not follow the typical country club pattern. It's all how you view success. I'm lecturing myself to keep my mouth shut about how to raise or do things with the children to my daughters and sons in law. They'll do it differently than I did as they should. They are different people than I am.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top