View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Well, you finally did it

Post by Davelaw on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:05 pm

don't be dissing my Texas companies
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:26 pm

I haven't bought anything from them, but my hubby bought a bunch of XP machines recently for the university he works for.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:42 pm

you can get a Dell netbook for $200; if you sign a two year contract with at & t
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:55 pm

No thanks. Hate contracts.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:30 pm

i grok that

gods and devils both luv 'em
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Anyone who makes you sign on the dotted line is inherently untrustworthy.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:02 pm

Davelaw wrote:i grok that

gods and devils both luv 'em

As well as Lawyers. I see that you too have read STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND. I can grok that. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:32 pm

you don't think i was once a Merry Prankster?
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:56 pm

I loved Stranger in a Strange Land! I can grok that too! LOL

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Dave. You're still a merry prankster hiding behind a rough exterior. You might try to seem like a grumpy old bear. But in reality you're a loveable pussycat. Laughing LMAO! Bow Clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:30 pm

I was speaking of Ken Kesey's Merry Pranksters who dropped acid, hung out with the Greatful Dead and the Hell's Angels and went around trying to drop the word "grok" into every sentence
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:31 am

Be careful Dave. You of all people should know better than to disagree with a Texan Lady. Me, I had to find out the hard way. Cool Wink NoNo

Oops. Wrong thread. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:44 am

Update:

My ex has resurrected himself several times since I last posted only to be quickly killed off by government computer again. Last week he thought he'd taken care of it for good and then the next day I was sent another death notification. Today I called in to see what was what and the first person said he was definitely dead and was surprised to find out he wasn't, told me what steps to take but when I talked to next person, he was, in that computer system, alive again. So now he is only slightly dead. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:49 am

gillyflower wrote:Update:

My ex has resurrected himself several times since I last posted only to be quickly killed off by government computer again. Last week he thought he'd taken care of it for good and then the next day I was sent another death notification. Today I called in to see what was what and the first person said he was definitely dead and was surprised to find out he wasn't, told me what steps to take but when I talked to next person, he was, in that computer system, alive again. So now he is only slightly dead. Smile

Isn't that like being slightly pregnant. De old devil made me say dat. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:07 am

LOL Only mostly dead as opposed to most sincerely dead! Or all dead if you prefer. Smile

Princess Bride/Wizard of Oz

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:30 am

Miracle Max: He probably owes you money huh? I'll ask him.
Inigo Montoya: He's dead. He can't talk.
Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Inigo Montoya: What's that?
Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Re: Vista
To quote a really cheesy pickup-line bastardization:

Once you go Mac, you don't go back!

Seriously, I used to be Windows-only, but I love my Mac laptop. I find Mac to be a lot more stable and user-friendly, and more and more programs are being made for the Mac. I have been using this Mac for about three or four years now and haven't had many problems at all.

As for the rest...wow, gilly, I didn't know any of that about your family. I can't believe it, you must be incredibly strong to deal with all of it.
Beautiful_Dreamer

http://theprozacqueen.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Beribee wrote:Phew! I thought I was the only one kinda lost! LOL

My head is swimming too. But that could just be the mad cow.
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:30 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:You and my husband. Always with the band camp American Pie jokes.... Rolling Eyes

I get those jokes all the time!

As for dealing with govt red tape...I don't know about the military, but I am getting Social Security disability benefits and had to deal with that. It was *not* fun, I'm surprised I didn't have to appeal. I actually had an agency help me, so I didn't have to see all of it, but there were two things I thought were stupid.

1) They had to ask the same questions over and over again, stuff like my doctors' names and addresses; and

2) I was born in Guam, but they did not have Guam on their list of US territories despite the fact that it has been a US possession for more than a hundred years...they initially considered me a foreign birth. I've had that before, when I had to get my birth certificate to get my marriage license. I've had my citizenship questioned other times, but that's neither here nor there. They finally found something slightly related, Pacific Trust Territories, which isn't quite accurate but at least they recognized that Guam wasn't a separate country! I ended up going to the local office and showing them my birth certificate, but I just thought it was silly that our government didn't know its own territories.
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Love you avatar Beautiful Dreamer, Smile

And you are right it is odd and sad that a government office did not know its own territories, I have know Guam was a US possession since I was ten years old. Rolling Eyes

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful_Dreamer on Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Thanks! Have you seen the Happy California Cow commercials? I love those!

I've heard of people not knowing Puerto Rico was a US possesson as well. That's just weird, since it's *right there*...I've also heard of people thinking that the Bahamas *is* a US possession. Hmmm, I guess they don't teach this in school. Oh well, I'm starting to feel old now. Smile

I am a Navy brat, but we left Guam when I was a baby. I still want to visit, but then I want to go all over the world...
Beautiful_Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Beautiful & Maine????? Suspect ALRIGHT, stop now! It is NOT our government that does not realize the above true criteria,......it is the IDIOTS working in the government offices! Yes, blame it on the IDIOTS that did not "pay attention" in the classroom! affraid

OK< I feel much better now!

Gilly! Well atleast hubby is not part of the Grateful Dead...he would of been partying with Dave!
Warlord & Dave...thank goodness I'm not as old as y'all! Grok? Sheesh! Shocked
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Willowcreek70633 wrote:Beautiful & Maine????? Suspect ALRIGHT, stop now! It is NOT our government that does not realize the above true criteria,......it is the IDIOTS working in the government offices! Yes, blame it on the IDIOTS that did not "pay attention" in the classroom! affraid

OK, I feel much better now!

Okay I'll be good Embarassed

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:49 pm

Pigeons Now you know why I just love to go to my states National Guard drills each month....(government?)...I'm surronded by those same "brainless" people for an entire weekend! This past Annual Training I had to deal with them for 3 wks....& maybe by Jan 10 I'll be off in a foreign land with em for a whole year! And what "season" are we in now?Heaven forbid if we have a hurricane! Last yr with Gustov & Ike it was for a month! (Wait, I'm one of those government workers) Zipaway
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:10 pm

giggles Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down