Well, you finally did it

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Well, you finally did it

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:44 pm

Razz Where did you get lost MC? In Vermont?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:48 pm

hrumph Razz

hardy har har. I can read a wonderful map, I am the map champion!

However, I do have a terrible time with finding my left from my right LMAO!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:09 pm

Very Happy You are so gracious, MaineCaptain! With Gilly's ex, & her getting $ out of the gov? Well, if THEY say he's passed away, well

He's passed away then.

Talk about the blind leading the blind? It our ever red tape, always knows whats best, mind boggling bureaucracy!

The gov took $ ($900.00) out of my drill pay since last Oct. There was a law, Act of Congress, passed back in 2001, that states that EVERY service member HAS to provide for their family, in case of death. Well, John & I are BOTH in the military! We are service members married to each other. HE has insurance & so do I! They decided to take out my $ because they didn't have it in their systems that I'm married to John. The two systems (Deers/Sidpers) hadn't caught up with each other. On the one hand Deers doesn't communicate & or handle the others business. And it just so happens Sidpers is visa versa! I've been trying to recollect my $ since Apr of this yr.....something tells me I'll never see it. Unless I really push & shove the 2 systems against each other. Which will probably take another Act of Congress.
Bet your totally confused now! Hysterical Just get you a drink & join the party!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by jumbojava on Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:06 am

PB & A wrote:Hello, Help

Well, you finally did it. You got me here. I must admit I came kicking and screaming as hubby will attest to. So for my opening, I have to ask: Does anybody understand Windows Vista? I mean, I consider myself relatively computer savvy, but I'm seriously considering taking up drinking, because Angry is not getting the job done! Truce already!!!!!

Thanks a lot

HIYA PB&A!!!!! cheers flower Welcome! Clap
jumbojava

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:43 am

Willowcreek70633 wrote:Very Happy You are so gracious, MaineCaptain! With Gilly's ex, & her getting $ out of the gov? Well, if THEY say he's passed away, well

He's passed away then.

Talk about the blind leading the blind? It our ever red tape, always knows whats best, mind boggling bureaucracy!

The gov took $ ($900.00) out of my drill pay since last Oct. There was a law, Act of Congress, passed back in 2001, that states that EVERY service member HAS to provide for their family, in case of death. Well, John & I are BOTH in the military! We are service members married to each other. HE has insurance & so do I! They decided to take out my $ because they didn't have it in their systems that I'm married to John. The two systems (Deers/Sidpers) hadn't caught up with each other. On the one hand Deers doesn't communicate & or handle the others business. And it just so happens Sidpers is visa versa! I've been trying to recollect my $ since Apr of this yr.....something tells me I'll never see it. Unless I really push & shove the 2 systems against each other. Which will probably take another Act of Congress.
Bet your totally confused now! Hysterical Just get you a drink & join the party!

Oh my, I'm so sorry. Not surprised but sorry. I hope you can get that straightened out. People who haven't dealt with the military/government just can't imagine how difficult it is to correct information in their many computer systems once one of those systems gets a certain idea. Or maybe it is just the military systems! The mistake is like a virus: it just keeps spreading! When you think you have corrected it in one place it pops up again somewhere else!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:02 am

I had a similar situation in college. I attended the local state university, and after I quit the band program, they tried to give me a band scholarship, and couldn't understand when I tried to give the money back.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:15 am

sacrificialgoddess wrote:I had a similar situation in college. I attended the local state university, and after I quit the band program, they tried to give me a band scholarship, and couldn't understand when I tried to give the money back.

one time at band camp....
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:23 am

You and my husband. Always with the band camp American Pie jokes.... Rolling Eyes

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 am

Hey, I don't get to use those very often.
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:36 am

Davelaw wrote:Hey, I don't get to use those very often.

So what's a sane person like you doing among us crazies. Be careful. We might warp your mind. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:45 am

PB&A is at work, while I'm playing on dis here puter. BTW, todays our 33 anniversary. The poor Lady has had to put up all this time with my warped sense of humor.

Seriously. We've known each other for 38 years. Had a on & off courtship for the first 5 years because some stupid idiot didn't realize what he had & almost lost it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:52 am

BTW. Ted, Dave, & John are the flowers of their families. The blooming idiots. Evil Grin Hysterical Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:59 am

LoLFlag

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:15 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY WARLORD AND PB&A!!!!!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jumbojava on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:36 am

jumbojava

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Happy Anniversary, warlord!!!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Yeah! Very Happy

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:37 pm

cheers Happy Anniversary!!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:26 am

Disco HAPPY 33 YEARS to you two love birds!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:01 am

So, is PB &A coming back here? Or did we already piss her off? NahNah

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:53 am

Or scare her off, we are a very scary bunch, in a very lovable way Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:37 pm

No, you didn't scare her off. It's just that she's been so busy trying to get everything transfered over from the old puter to this new puter & this Vista program is something else. Did ya'll know that you can't even buy any of the Windows XP or other programs anymore. The choice is simple. It's either Vista or nothing. And they call this progress? So between the problems at her job with new programs & this stuff she hasn't been in the mood to post. But she will be back.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Poor lady,I am glad she was not scared off though.
Around here we are having our computer reprogrammed with XP. Have you tried ebay, they might have someone with a XP they didn't used.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:41 pm

warlordofks wrote:No, you didn't scare her off. It's just that she's been so busy trying to get everything transfered over from the old puter to this new puter & this Vista program is something else. Did ya'll know that you can't even buy any of the Windows XP or other programs anymore. The choice is simple. It's either Vista or nothing. And they call this progress? So between the problems at her job with new programs & this stuff she hasn't been in the mood to post. But she will be back.

Dell will let you downgrade if you buy from them.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:55 pm

Razz It takes time getting used to new things, & new ways, & new thinking! Change! (Sigh). I feel for your household.
Dell? Sure for an arm & a leg, they'll help you with anything ... pirat
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top