Well, you finally did it

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Well, you finally did it

Post by PB & A on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Hello, Help

Well, you finally did it. You got me here. I must admit I came kicking and screaming as hubby will attest to. So for my opening, I have to ask: Does anybody understand Windows Vista? I mean, I consider myself relatively computer savvy, but I'm seriously considering taking up drinking, because Angry is not getting the job done! Truce already!!!!!

Thanks a lot
PB & A

Back to top Go down

Re: Well, you finally did it

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:26 pm

YAY!!! PB&A is here!!!! Yay!!!!!

Welcome!

And I am on Windows XP. Vista is completely worthless.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:12 pm

WELCOME PB&A Welcome!

I am sorry I am on XP as well, and know nothing about Vista, except that people say rude things about it Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PB & A on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:14 pm

We bought the "Dummies" book and CD, so some of the mud is clearer. Still, if there's anyone out there who can help...

and thanks. Bow
PB & A

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:20 pm

I admit I haven't used Vista and I don't want to.

When I finally broke down and got XP the first thing I did was convert the theme to "classic windows", so I was familiar with everyhing and didn't have to transition much at all. Very Happy XP is truly the peak of the windows family tree.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Welcome, PB & A!! Welcome!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:11 pm

We've no problems out of the Vista on my daughter's laptop. So, I can't help.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:32 pm

Very Happy I'm so happy, that you decided to stop over & check us out! cheers PB&A? Sounds familiar. As I said the past 4 yrs I really just lurked over there. I stayed with my Groups this last go round. I was too affraid to wonder outside my familiars.

Can't help with the Vista puter. We too have XP. You got the book & CD for dummies? Well then, it should make you an Intellect concerning your Vista! I need one of those books. I'm toying with the thought of an Apple, next one we get. TED, I did not know about the Windows Classic was an option? See I'm not puter savvy at all. Just know enough to get into deep crap. Well enough about puters & such.
PB&A, I hope you will find your wanderings satisfactory to your liking, Ma'am! So pick a topic, or lurk, sip a lemonade & just read til your hearts content. Get a feel for this new site. Its wonderful, great people, & we strive to be respectful of each other. check out the smileys while your at it! Hex has some really great art on here also, & while your roaming around you'll find some cool songs from YouTube, pasted into our conversations! We go off topic, sometimes, but its not intended. You should find something that you like on these boards. If you don't maybe you can start something your interested in, & invite us over to the party! Either way, enjoy!

Oh, & thanks for stopping by & saying "Hi"! Welcome!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:42 pm

Yeah, I didn't like the bubbly Windows XP theme

So I had to get back to what I was comfy with.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:43 pm

I have mine very plain as well. bubbly Windows XP theme was not for me.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:46 pm

Oh I just went with the bubbly look....we have it at work, so I figured I might as well be consistent!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Well you ARE my (good) twin, MC.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:49 pm

consistency is good Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:49 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Well you ARE my (good) twin, MC.
LoLFlag

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Hey....I want a twin!!! Very Happy

Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Aren't you someone's twin on here? SG's maybe? lol

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Hug I HAVE the bubbly XP start menu! No wonder, John stays lost. Whistle2 Pigeons
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:03 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Aren't you someone's twin on here? SG's maybe? lol

OMG!!! Did I lose my twin???? Damn....knew I was missing something!

Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:41 am

Willowcreek70633 wrote:Hug I HAVE the bubbly XP start menu! No wonder, John stays lost. Whistle2 Pigeons

John has always been lost. Now don't you go telling PB&A all the things I said about her. Let her think that I'm a grumpy & dirty old man. NahNah Oh hello PB&A, my Love. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:52 am

I have had a strange weekend and the strangeness is continuing. Just sharing.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:25 pm

gillyflower wrote:I have had a strange weekend and the strangeness is continuing. Just sharing.

Do tell.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:27 pm

oh yes please tell Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:09 pm

*taps foot and waits*

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:28 pm

Ah! I was sent a survivors packet which would be because my ex was dead, only his father says he is alive and well, only not living even in the same country that we all thought he was living in. (I might have mentioned that he is a bit crazy and paranoid?) When I told the gov that his father had spoken to him, they suggested that his father might be old and confused! (That was the high point!)

So I have wasted a lot of time trying to convince them "the deceased" isn't so deceased. But apparently only "the deceased" can prove that he isn't dead. And I've filled out all the paperwork because they continued to treat me with kid gloves like I just didn't want to accept that he is really dead. They may see some of that, I'm guessing. And dealing with people who can't say anything much because they are protecting the privacy of a dead person. Argh!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:42 pm

Razz (clears throat)...well lets see here Gilly:

What I wanted to ask you over the weekend was.....

You received the packet, because gov says he's deceased. OK, so where is the proof? (Death Certificate?) Be careful, don't want gov coming back on you for $$$, maybe the SSN # has been lost, & reclaimed? So to get "others" involved to help untangle the RED tape..as I said please get with the VA also!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top