If you ask you will recieve.

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

If you ask you will recieve.

Post by jumbojava on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:38 pm

I asked. I recieved.

And I'm not Christian.

But that lil bit of info seems to get some Christains panties in a bunch; 'God would never purposely tell you to choose a non-Christian faith!!!'

Well why not....?
jumbojava

Back to top Go down

Re: If you ask you will recieve.

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:52 pm

interesting question.

I too asked and have always been blessed with a good response. Not a Christian either.

It is something many Christians obviously not all of them, can not wrap their heads around, that their god may indeed love them, but is not interested in those who are not his.

That is fine and dandy no problem, I have different gods. Mine love me. I love them. All is as it should be. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:04 pm

When I was in the middle of my separation, . . . I ASKED and ASKED God to do something to allow the marriage to be reconsiled. I was doing everything a christian should do, and doing it honestly and sincerely. I ended up divorced.

Yeah, . . .a very good question, jumbojava.
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:49 pm

"Sometimes we hold onto the things the most that God himself is trying to tear apart."

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:16 pm

jumbojava wrote:But that lil bit of info seems to get some Christains panties in a bunch; 'God would never purposely tell you to choose a non-Christian faith!!!'

You're welcome to borrow my response to that sort of comment, "Oh, really? And don't you think it rather blasphemous for you to claim limits upon what God might choose to do?"
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:49 pm

Hey Dot, that is good.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:31 pm

Glad you think so, MC.

It frequently leaves them sputtering, "But...but...but..." and little else.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by jumbojava on Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:39 pm

DotNotInOz wrote:
jumbojava wrote:But that lil bit of info seems to get some Christains panties in a bunch; 'God would never purposely tell you to choose a non-Christian faith!!!'

You're welcome to borrow my response to that sort of comment, "Oh, really? And don't you think it rather blasphemous for you to claim limits upon what God might choose to do?"

Heh, I'm gonna have to borrow that. Wink
jumbojava

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:58 am

jumbojava wrote:
DotNotInOz wrote:

Heh, I'm gonna have to borrow that. Wink

You know, people speaking for god has always been part of the thing that bugged me about evangelical christianity. It always seemed that what the person wanted and what god wanted meshed perfectly, some how. scratch

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:30 am

It's funny how that is. Smile

Of course, many parents seem to have what they want and what god wants mesh perfectly, too.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:59 pm

Its not just a Christian thing, about ask & you shall receive. Really it isn't.

The twist is what happens when you ask & you DON'T receive? Ah huh! Well god didn't want to answer, it wasn't time to answer, wrong question or wish, wasn't worded right. You don't need it. Blah, Blah, Blah.
In magic/spells, in positive energy circles, in Eastern religions, this has been debated & talked about since the beginning of its concept.
The book "The Secret" was in the midst of the flurry of books being written about this same subject.
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:24 am

Yes, and "The Secret" borrowed liberally, even its name, from The Secret of the Ages, a much more complete New Thought viewpoint on the Law of Attraction, brought to you free by TED at http://tigerseyedowsing.com/ds/other/robert_collier.html .

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Willowcreek70633 wrote:Its not just a Christian thing, about ask & you shall receive. Really it isn't.

The twist is what happens when you ask & you DON'T receive?.

You ask and receive not; because you ask amiss to consume it among your lust.
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:58 pm

You're against consuming things while you are having sex?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:04 pm

gillyflower wrote:You're against consuming things while you are having sex?

Speaking of consuming, I briefly re-befriended an old girlfriend last year while she was going through HPV and cervix cancer. I asked if the doc found my watch while he was up there. After she hit me (while laughing) I said 'What? I wanted it back!'

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:20 pm

If you don't ask, you sure won't receive - or get it back!

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:27 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:

Speaking of consuming, I briefly re-befriended an old girlfriend last year while she was going through HPV and cervix cancer. I asked if the doc found my watch while he was up there. After she hit me (while laughing) I said 'What? I wanted it back!'

TED, you are such a naughty boy sometimes!!!!! NoNo

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:36 pm

Beribee wrote:
TigersEyeDowsing wrote:

TED, you are such a naughty boy sometimes!!!!! NoNo

It's true, you can't take me anywhere. When this same girl was 17 (though looked a lot younger than that) we were shopping at a souvenier shop where they sold whips. As I bought one I asked a few questions about them and the store worker said he wasn't too familiar with whips, to which I said "You don't know what you're missing!" She turned 4 shades of red and dragged me out the door.

*shrugs*

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Something similar happened to me and my husband when we were dating. We were at a medieval fair....I was so embarrassed I wanted to sink into the floor!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:45 pm

I like your husband! Laughing

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:46 pm

OH Tiger Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:47 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I like your husband! Laughing

I kinda figured you would!!! Twisted Evil

Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:49 pm

I was actually trying to hide behind my husband and the clerk was trying to get me to come out.....I think my face was starting to turn shades of purple from embarrassment by the time I ran out of the shop! LOL

Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:54 pm

Alright, Dave I'm goin there!

So, Dave your saying if you ask wrongly out of selfish intentions then you won't be answered? Work with me here, darlin....

And for the sexy questions? Then you cant ask for a mate, not even a soul mate!

silent
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:57 pm

I believe that if we ask (for whatever) out of purely selfish reasons we certainly CAN receive- and I think most anyone with bad experience in magic or energy can agree with me on that.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top