Non-Christians = Feeder Fish for the God-Damned.

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Non-Christians = Feeder Fish for the God-Damned.

Post by Davelaw on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:11 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:Nice piece TPaine

except that it referenced my post
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by TPaine on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:54 am

Davelaw wrote:
MaineCaptain wrote:Nice piece TPaine

except that it referenced my post
If I misrepresented you, Dace, I apologize. Since I've posted with you here and on Bnet, you've always led me to believe that you are a conservative Baptist, if not a Southern Baptist. IMO, that group is part of the problem, not the solution. If you are an Anabaptists, Hutterite, Mennonite, or something similar, then I believe you are part of a group that is part of the solution.
You should know me by now, Dave. I believe totally that we must not permit what Tom Paine called "[t]he adulterous connection of church and state," and I make whatever efforts and contributions I can to prevent those connections from happening. That's why I battled so vehemently against Friend! before he disappeared to wherever Christian Theocrats disappear to. Maybe it was the result of the election and the realization that it was doubtful his side would get a majority in SCOTUS. Maybe it was that his idol Sekulow had taken a beating in a couple of recent cases that he knew would be brought to his attention. Who knows? I will say I hope nothing bad has happened to him.
TPaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:03 am

I am a conservative Baptist descended from Hussites, Mennonites and AnaBaptists, Moravians and others
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:30 am

TPaine wrote:Idiots like David Barton, with no degree in history but a vivid imagination and connections to both Christian Reconstructionists and the Christian Identity movement has been appointed to a committee to evaluate the social studies text books used in Texas public schools, by the Religious Reich appointees of Governor Rick "Secessionist" Perry. Will the students in Texas now be taught the bogus quotes Barton attributed to our Founding Fathers in his book The Myth of Separation are actually fact?...
http://www.tfn.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5778

The problem with these appointments is that many smaller states follow the lead of large states such as California and Texas when it comes to public school textbooks for economic reasons.

Actually, the problem is far worse than smaller states merely following the lead of California and Texas. What Texas in particular has done to alter textbook approaches in the past few decades has skewed the content that publishers include so that nationwide, textbook content reflects whatever is approved for Texas. With guys like Donald Wildmon accumulating enough clout that he can get his limited and limiting view represented in textbooks, the content of science texts in particular has become severely restricted in the last decade.

This sort of censoring influence began to be a significant concern in the mid-1980's and now has become far more so.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Very Happy I haven't read every post. But I would like to respond. Even when I was a Christian, I didn't believe in the concept of predestination. Oh I was aware of it, but it didn't make sense & to me seemed very contrary to the beliefs in Jesus & God. To what was taught. To me it made the Christian God out to be a monster. And I could never believe that then at least. And it made the teachings of Jesus out to be illrelevant. Which even though I'm not Christian anymore I still think that Jesus was a great Teacher & that we can learn something from him. Be that as it may. My own personal belief is that when we get to the next level of life ( Heaven to some ) we will be very surprised by whom we find there. I believe that we're going to find people/souls from every religious beliefs/traditions. To me it's a place of Love so Pure that words can't describe it. Again this is just my own personal belief. I don't present it as fact or as actual proof. I know this doesn't address the evils committed by the Hitlers, Stalins, the Michaels & so many others from every religious faith/tradition. That's something I'm still working & praying on. Group Hug Hug2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top