Welcome all!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome all!

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Ken, thats hilarious about the Jeepers Creepers song! Who'd of thunK? Still a great song!

Beribee! Sort of makes you wonder what else the day may bring? BTW, I had a fantastic day yesterday!

Anybody else had a good weekend?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm on Vacation! Very Happy

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:01 pm

YAY SG! Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:44 pm

Willowcreek70633 wrote:
Beribee! Sort of makes you wonder what else the day may bring? BTW, I had a fantastic day yesterday!

Anybody else had a good weekend?

I hear the mourning doves almost every day of my life, no matter where I am, except in the winter, of course. Whenever I hear them , it reminds me that all is as it should be and that I'm on the right path. Makes me feel very much at peace with myself.

I had a great weekend, too! I brought my kids to summer camp! LOL

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:25 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:I'm on Vacation! Very Happy

And what are you going to do on your Vacation? There should be at least one day when you eat nothing but Little Debbie snack cakes.
Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:00 am

Willowcreek70633 wrote:
When I'm listening to my music, I let it carry me away with my imagination! the places I go!

If you want to be carried away, you can't do better that Renaissance choral polyphony. This is a lovely piece by Antoine Brumel - one of my favorites - but it's all good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBA1uLu4ZhY
Ken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Ken wrote:
sacrificialgoddess wrote:I'm on Vacation! Very Happy

And what are you going to do on your Vacation? There should be at least one day when you eat nothing but Little Debbie snack cakes.

Hee! Tori. Amos. Grand Prairie. Texas. WhooHoo!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 pm

SG, if I may ask, do you plan on having some "alone time" on your vacation?
Embarassed Not THAT kind of "alone time", silly!
When I go away from my home, I enjoy having adventures to find that "cool" spot, that place that you find peaceful, that surrounding that makes you stop, look, & listen. Something that you have taken for granted & you actually NOTICE it for the ST time!

Your feed back please? As well as anyone else's?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by mlarue75 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:43 pm

The mountains. I'm now on a 3-week, 3-leg trip (2 vacation, 1 work) which involves driving through West Virginia & Ohio. I was thinking I'd do it in one day and then suddenly realized what I'd be missing. So I'll do it in two and take some time to hike around. There is something about being surrounded by trees that feeds my soul.
mlarue75

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Willowcreek70633 wrote:SG, if I may ask, do you plan on having some "alone time" on your vacation?
Embarassed Not THAT kind of "alone time", silly!
When I go away from my home, I enjoy having adventures to find that "cool" spot, that place that you find peaceful, that surrounding that makes you stop, look, & listen. Something that you have taken for granted & you actually NOTICE it for the ST time!

Your feed back please? As well as anyone else's?

I don't get alone time. Sometimes, I can't even get alone time in the bathroom! You would think my husband was a three year old rather than a 38 year old!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Well malrue75, didn't know you were a homey! W. Virginia & Ohio are beautiful states, with lots to do! Great history, fantastic farm lands, & breath taking views!
Originally from Western PA, the mountains have always called to me! Infact last Nov, went up home to visit with Sis having 3d baby! Had a ball, & what beauty! The mountain floors were covered in leaves of every shape & color, the trees stark naked! Snows came & the beauty continued! My oldest niece (5yrsold) loves Willow trees, & we found every one of them on our hikes throw the woods! Willows are my 1st love! I turned her on to birch trees when I was there! To be 5yrs old again & pure in spirit! Clap
SG, Very Happy you need to come on down & visit us! Sit out here on the front porch, hold a kitty in your lap, a glass of your favorite drink in your hand, & sit back & watch the garden grow!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:32 pm

I just saw this Willow; what a fantastic thread!
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Ken wrote:
sacrificialgoddess wrote:Music. And writing. Often at the same time. Very Happy

Music does it for me, but not just any music. It's usually upbeat eighteenth-century music, and for weeks at a time it will be be one particular piece, played five or six times in succession. Last year I played this movement from an Albinoni concerto over and over for a month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcmwykYcNyE

Then that stopped working and for two months only this bravura Handel aria, sung by the male sopranist Philippe Jaroussky, would do the trick:

I like to go back to the 14th century; Machaut is, to me, quite intoxicating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NV-d9hF8SM&feature=related

ahhhhhhhh another silly love song (from 700 years ago) drunken
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Willowcreek70633 wrote:After the devastation to our well beings. How do we individually begin our own process of healing ourselves, and getting ourselves back on our feet, back on our paths? After falling so hard, how do we start the climb again, where did the cherries, and chocolates go? Who can we turn to and why do we? May it be through connecting with God (pick one or all), lets be specific, and lets get in depth here, is it by trying to have good times and letting nature take its course? Do we visit the knowledgeable (Doctors or healers of all sorts, including the clergy), reflecting, (praying, reading, meditating) or is it reaching into ourselves and drawing upon our own strength, may it be to forgive, finding patience, or drawing from our experiences or from our spirit. Is it as simple as looking at ourselves? Should we 1st look into the mirror, or do we need to clean our up our own house? How, why and what do we do to keep our sanity?

3 divorces, miscarriage, being over $200K in debt with a failed business.... I've failed a LOT in my life and, sometimes, I just want to give up any chance to hope.

It's especially hard when others are succeeding at what I failed at, and I can rattle off all the philosophy in the world (be happy for the happy, et al) but you know what... it's still painful.

So what I do when life tosses a whopper at me? In the end, I let it all go and surrender to God - the central theme of the Yoga Sutras and the central theme of Christianity. Only when I 'let it all go' do I start to find inner-peace, and the energy to begin again (again) ((again))

It's not instant. It's not always gratifying on an 'earthly' level... but it is my only road to Peace; it clears my mind and lets me treasure the blessings I *do* have.

Like I tell my kids, we are poor but sexy! (I think that's also a Yogic concept.... )

Peace.

It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth - and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up, we will then begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.
-Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:09 am

:hug:Well thank you for the compliment, Sakhaiva! What a wonderful woman you are! Such strength, and endurance! Never, ever give up on yourself, my friend! By actions, & deeds you are teaching your children the good ways of the world.

What a wonderful piece of music! Soothing, for all of mind, body, & spirit! Thank you for posting that. I needed that before I retire to bed this eve!
A great way to keep your wits about you & grow inwardly! We all Let go, banish, return to sender, meditate, pray. Same thing but different ways to rid ourselves of Life's unwanted energies!
The mundane, the obvious, the world we live in surrounds us with challenges not only outwardly but inwardly! So you do count your blessings? This is good, & your very good at self realization. Just like your validating your children with self worth, self love, & self respect. It shows that you & your family have COMPASSION! Such a wonderful gift, to wrap up & give back to the world!
Blessings to you & yours!
Stop by & lets chat again! This is where we learn that we are all connected to each other. Disco
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:39 pm

(((((Willow))))) thank you - I needed that Smile

Peace & love Hug2
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:13 am

Very Happy Jazzed out early this AM, little New Age this afternoon...& NOW?....Jammin with the Rat Pack! Sing it Frank, "Try a Little Tenderness"! Clap
I love being home alone w Mother In Law! She had a wonderful day, btw! She's starting to enjoy her puree' food! Even ate some rice & chicken tonight...(2 helpings!) Great day, received phone calls & chats with kids, the youngest visited w his girlfriend tonight! Easy breezy weekend!
John might be bringing home a 1/2 boxer 1/2 Black Mouthed Curr puppy for us to spoil, love & become really great friends with! Wow, things are looking up around here!
Ahhh, Dino singing "Return to Me"...little Italian thrown in also!

Very Happy I'm good here! How bout you all? Wink

Closing w Frank singing "The Best Is Yet To Come"!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:38 am

I hope John brought home a puppy for you! How exciting.

I'm listening to the lovely sound of the coffee percolating. Smile

I'm back from the beach and it was a lovely vacation. Lots of good food and friends and family. Very nice to just get away, stroll along beautiful beaches, swim in the ocean, visit historic sites and relax. Breaks like that are really important, I think. It helps to put everything back into perspective.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:03 am

Crying or Very sad Yes, having a puppy furry friend will be so challenging also! After Mr. Brown (9yrs old) passed away this past Feb, John & I just haven't been the same. I stopped my long walks, & he was lost for companionship in the yard/garden. I hope his master now (lets him roam aimlessly, the neighborhood takes care of him) lets John bring him home! bounce

So talking about your vacation which sounded simply marvelous! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself! The ocean really brings out our imagination, doesn't it! To look beyond & wonder about all the great ships passing through its waters to far off unchartered places! The lapping of the water, just seems to call us to come & refresh our souls doesn't it? The sounds of friends & family beats in time with the surroundings! Great place just to relax & listen. In fact your so in tuned gillyflower...your listening to MORE water as the coffee percolate! Hysterical
Question What historical sites & time period were you visiting? I'd love to know! Traveling back in time is so invigorating for the mind! The questions, & the scent of old times & old ways! The eye candy of yesterdays living, & the way it was. Life was so much more harder but more simplistic back then. To throw out the unnecessary mind clutter & to regain self awayness along with having so much more energy within! Aw, yes to put everything back into simplistic perspective! I'll ask you like I asked SG...did you have any alone time? If so, did you contemplate, meditate, let your imagination take you away, were answers flowing to you from unasked questions that you didn't know you had? Very Happy
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:31 am

I had some alone time too. I worked on a book I am writing, surfed the computer (you would not believe how many people brought theirs - aside from the one in the house, I think there were at one point, 8 other laptops and everyone sat together doing their own computer things) and read, not to mention just staring at the sound or ocean from a rocking chair.

We were on the Outer Banks. We went to a lighthouse, Whalehead (which is a lovely old home), a nature center (and all of them were conveniently in one place) an old town. I didn't get to Roanoke or the Wright Bros thing, both things were on my list but I discovered I wanted to do more playing in the ocean and resting and less sightseeing. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mlarue75 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:00 am

affraid
Willowcreek70633 wrote:Well malrue75, didn't know you were a homey! W. Virginia & Ohio are beautiful states, with lots to do! Great history, fantastic farm lands, & breath taking views!
Originally from Western PA, the mountains have always called to me! Infact last Nov, went up home to visit with Sis having 3d baby! Had a ball, & what beauty! The mountain floors were covered in leaves of every shape & color, the trees stark naked! Snows came & the beauty continued! My oldest niece (5yrsold) loves Willow trees, & we found every one of them on our hikes throw the woods! Willows are my 1st love! I turned her on to birch trees when I was there! To be 5yrs old again & pure in spirit! Clap
SG, Very Happy you need to come on down & visit us! Sit out here on the front porch, hold a kitty in your lap, a glass of your favorite drink in your hand, & sit back & watch the garden grow!

Aw shucks. Thanks, Willow. I was born in Idaho but have lived in the Philadelphia area for 27 years. And I like beech trees!

Now, about that vacation: the best laid plans, etc. I got myself into a car accident on the way from NC to VA (nobody injured, thank God) and have spent much of the time since then working on replacing my car. Fortunately I still managed to do the German teachers' course in western VA, and I even had time for 20 minutes of "hiking" on the Appalachian Trail on my way to WV.

WV is extremely beautiful and I want to return. Little mountains all over the place!

It struck me several times on this trip that the South is full of intelligent, educated and decent people. I think we Northerners have all been brainwashed.

All this by way of saying "I'm back" and will try to integrate myself into conversations. Trying to start the habit before school starts. affraid
mlarue75

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:12 am

I lived for a while in Waynesboro, PA and loved it! All the different kinds of apples, it was a terrific place to live. So pretty.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mlarue75 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:20 am

Oh, apples YES! I can't wait till the Jonathans are ripe. One can hardly find them anymore, as they are not great keepers.
mlarue75

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum