New OS?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New OS?

Post by hexpainter on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:28 pm

Celsus wrote:

You can run Windows even INSIDE of the Mac OS using a virtual machine (like VirtualBox, which is free, or VMWare Fusion). Then you can be both in MacOS and Windows at the same time and even transfer files from the one to the other.

As for backups: TimeMachine, part of the MacOS since Leopard, is brilliant!! It's virtually impossible to loose a file anymore. All you need is an external hard drive. TimeMachine does the rest. Restoring is also super easy.

Another neat thing is that you can clone your Mac hard drive to another (external) hard drive and then boot from that one if the first one fails for example.

Yes, I really love Macintoshs Wink

Hi Celsus:

I had Virtual Machine on my Mac, prior to the meltdown... After I installed it originally I had freezes and boot up problems... I wonder If I inherited some Window Grimlins from it??? I refuse to put it back on my Mac.

My Wife can use her Windows laptop for Windows things (games and spreadsheets...)
and My Mac is for Art and Music!
hexpainter

http://www.hexpainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:47 pm

And some games! It's great for World of Warcraft. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daldianus on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:38 am

hexpainter wrote:I had Virtual Machine on my Mac, prior to the meltdown... After I installed it originally I had freezes and boot up problems... I wonder If I inherited some Window Grimlins from it??? I refuse to put it back on my Mac.

Which virtual machine did you use? And no, Windows problems cannot propagate to your Apple. Maybe the virtual machine software was buggy?

My Wife can use her Windows laptop for Windows things (games and spreadsheets...)
and My Mac is for Art and Music!

Sounds like a good compromise Wink

Daldianus

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:00 am

There is a new Parallels update that fixes several problems it had with Snow Leopard, if you want to check that out.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyKweer on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:11 am

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090708/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_google_operating_system

Love 'em or hate 'em, Google has guts.

Give me apt-get or give me death.

HappyKweer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum