Happy Fourth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy Fourth

Post by Smoothsable on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:07 am

Hiyas, it's me Bree. Just saying hello. Nice site you have here. I see a lot of familiar faces. Thanks for the invite. Peep Wall
Have a happy 4th!

Smoothsable

Back to top Go down

Re: Happy Fourth

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Bree! Happy 4th to you as well. For me, it's the worst two days of the year. Angry

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:23 am

Happy Fourth! They are pretty good days for me since I have them off. Sorry TED!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:06 am

Glad to see you, Bree! I am off for three glorious days! Yay!
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:06 am

Hate hate hate.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:07 am

But we love you!
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:03 am

Me too! I'm off for three days too. I'm going to a museum today.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:15 am

Man, everyone loves the fourth of July... and you don't even know my Dad.

I wonder if he would be happy knowing so many people he does not know celebrate his birthday...

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:25 am

Let me tell you why it's the worst two days of the year. Smile

For starters, we're sold out (every hotel in asheville including both of mine). Everyone travels. So it's busy as all heck.

Secondly, everyone is super whiney and needy, and those who aren't whiney are super drunk. If I catch one more person peeing off the balcony onto a car...

Thirdly, the fourth of July coincides with a major gospel singing event that a lot of old people come to. These folks come from mostly GA and Alabama and the youngest are in their mid-70s, the oldest go into their 90s. Some (or most) really shouldn't be driving. They get in, and are lost and confused, take FOREVER to deal with and the hotel becomes a temporary nursing home as I try to play dementia caretaker as well as hotel operator. And it's a real game trying to keep the old Christian folks and the wild drunks separated.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:13 am

HEY! Bree so happy to see you Welcome to the family (((Bree)))

I was going to say happy Forth, but after Tiger's hotel tales I think I won't Embarassed

Be safe everyone

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smoothsable on Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:25 pm

Thanks y'all. The only thing I object to is the drive by fire cracker throwers. They've gotten smart and don't stay in the same place anymore so calling the authories is pointless.

Smoothsable

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Well, it could have been a lot worse tonight! Of course it was only the third, but yaknow. Smile

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itty on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:06 pm

itty trots in and drops her bundle. She rummages around in the bundle and comes up with a set of ear plugs, a gigantic quirt gun, a lasso, several large rubber bands, a big whistle and two Hershey's kisses. The kisses are for me. I like them. itty gets busy making a trap. The lasso is to catch the fire cracker throwers, the ear plugs are for the sleeping Tiger. The squirt gun is to completely douse the fire crackers. itty sneaks around the corner to wait for victims.
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:07 pm

And the whistle?
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itty on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Oh, sorry. A penny whistle. Will seranade the bad guys whilst calling the cops. It's the Fourth you know and I am feeling most patriotic. Wink
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:49 pm

Happy belated 4th, everyone! The sun was actually out this weekend! Hooray! Did you survive the weekend, TED?

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:55 pm

I thought the weekend didn't end for TED until Monday morning. affraid

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:01 pm

He he....I was TRYING to be hopeful, SG!!! Poor, poor TED!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by itty on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:55 pm

I shall have a soft pillow and a blanket for him. He is gonna need it.
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:13 am

It's almost ending! Very Happy

It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I was anticipating. All is well. The building is still standing.

However, my roomate's brother-in-laws' house burned down from someone shooting fireworks. They lost everything.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:12 am

That's terrible! I'm so sorry.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:56 am

That's terrible!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itty on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:59 am

Oh Tiger! I am so sorry. That is terrible. My thought andprayers are with you.
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top