Brushes with Fame

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brushes with Fame

Post by Genocon on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:25 am

A friend and I ended up sitting next to the lead singer of Everclear at a sushi restaurant today. Laughing

Seen any famous folk lately?
Genocon

Back to top Go down

Re: Brushes with Fame

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:21 am

One day, about 4 years ago, I was working at walmart and a local news anchor asked me to hand her a roll of toilet paper she couldn't reach.

sunny True story. Laughing

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorrin on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:32 am

One of my best friends is Nicole Jamrose who was on Nashville Star 3 years ago and made it to the final 3. I also have met many professional poker players that you see on TV all the time.

I also met the guy that the Will Smith movie "Pursuit of Happiness" was based on at a Bulls game a few months ago.
Vorrin

Back to top Go down

Post by itty on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:06 am

Before she was famous Whoopi Goldberg served me breakfast. I lived brfiefly in San Diego and she worked at a restuarant called The Big Kitchen. She was a waitress and I ate there regularly. It was an interesting experience.
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:18 am

itty wrote:Before she was famous Whoopi Goldberg served me breakfast. I lived brfiefly in San Diego and she worked at a restuarant called The Big Kitchen. She was a waitress and I ate there regularly. It was an interesting experience.

Shocked

That's one of the VERY few celebrities I love.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:09 am

A local news anchor must live somewhere near by, because I see him and his wife several times a year in our local market. And is actually friends with a friend of mine, and used to come by their house fairly regular

And Jonathan Frakes (number one on Star Trek TNG) Lives about five miles away and he turns up in another market from time to time.
With Mr. Frakes, I myself have not seen him, but I was with a friend in the market and he saw him. Go figure Rolling Eyes And another friend of mine is in construction and did some work on his house and of course met him in the process.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:55 am

I've had a few brushes with Larry the cable guy.

I'm not really a fan, but my wife is.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Gitterdun.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:39 pm

I met John Wayne and Henry Fonda when I was a child, Paul Simon, Coretta Scott King, Barry Goldwater, President Eisenhower, ate lunch next to a young Jack Nicholson in Taos, Paul Simon, The Reagans, that's all I can remember right now.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:54 pm

Growing up in LA, we sort of view famous people who clog up our local hang outs.... Malibu beach has turned into a paparazzi nightmare because of Matthew Mcconaughey and his ilk. It's not really him so much as it is the paparazzi, who swarm like cockroaches

http://cbs2.com/entertainment/Surfers.Paparazzi.Matthew.2.754116.html

While at a Ryuichi Sakamoto concert I sat near Michael Douglas and Andy Summers (of the Police) ... someone said 'look, there's Michael Douglas' and my friends and I turned around and looked.... and the guy looked at us with this expression like 'oh god, please don't ask for my autograph' lol!

While visiting Amma (the 'Hugging Saint') I saw Kramer (Michael Richards) lurking around looking sorta lost. (He's a student of Iyengar)

When I was a brownie, way back in the 70's, I saw Lindsey Wagner and got her autograph. She was the Bionic Woman then and it was totally cool for the whole troop.

Here in glorious Fresno I've shopped at Whole Foods and seen our local News Anchor speaking very loudly (in his over-the-top, wide smile anchory sorta way) to an elderly couple who seemed impressed.
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Genocon on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Amma and Kramer? Interesting combination. Laughing

Many years ago at a hotel in Hawaii, my mom walked right by Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood, the latter of which seemed relieved when she realized my mom had noticed her, but just smiled instead of asking for an autograph. Smile
Genocon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:01 pm

A famous person I would have liked to have met was Katherine Hepburn. I also would have liked to have met George Harrison. Well, we've still got 2 Beatles remaining, and Ringo's starting to look pretty good by this point

Geno, I agree with you: Kramer + Amma = ???!!!???)
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Dromahair on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:59 pm

I was on friendly terms with Horton Foote (won an oscar for the screenplay of To Kill a Mockingbird) and his family for a couple years. He even got me in as an extra in one of his movies. This was back in the very late 80's.

I've met several actors involved in the original Star Wars movies as well as a few cast members of the old Star Trek T.V. show. (I was managing a collectables store at the time and we'd bring 'em in to do signings and personal appearances and what-not.) And THAT should put my geek-cred over the top.

Most recently I helped Gallagher (Sledge-o-matic anyone?) with come computer problems he was having.
Dromahair

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Ya'll are overcasting my toilet-paper TV anchor story.

Laughing

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:32 pm

Well, I'm impressed, TED!!!! The closest I've ever been to somebody on TV was a local reporter who lives in town that volunteered with the PTO at the school our kids attended.....not very impressive! Razz

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:04 am

Dromahair wrote:I've met several actors involved in the original Star Wars movies as well as a few cast members of the old Star Trek T.V. show. (I was managing a collectables store at the time and we'd bring 'em in to do signings and personal appearances and what-not.)

And THAT should put my geek-cred over the top.

Bow That's really cool Dromahair
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Genocon on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:04 am

Oh, I almost forgot. My cousin met the guy that played Shortround (from Indiana Jones) at a cheerleading camp.

I still can't figure out what he was doing there.
Genocon

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:42 am

LOL!

Harrison Ford is another person I'd like to meet.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm pretty lacking in the famous people encounters department but for having stood across the street to watch the king and queen of Spain leave the cathedral in Santa Fe when they were touring the U.S. visiting Spanish colonial sites years ago.

My hubby dated Marisa Tomei in high school. Does that count?
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:39 pm

It all counts Dot Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:41 pm

My Mother met the Guy who played Danno on Hawaii 5 O, actually got his autograph, but for the life of me I can't find it. Neutral

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:49 pm

DotNotInOz wrote:I'm pretty lacking in the famous people encounters department but for having stood across the street to watch the king and queen of Spain leave the cathedral in Santa Fe when they were touring the U.S. visiting Spanish colonial sites years ago.

My hubby dated Marisa Tomei in high school. Does that count?

Wow! She's very pretty! And funny too.

*grumble grumble dotshusbandtheluckybastard*

Laughing

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maya3 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:58 pm

I´m on friendly terms with Kate Winslet.
She is a very nice person. We have had conversations several times and I´ve been to her house.

Maya
maya3

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:47 am

So this morning I met the cousin of Don Bellisario, the guy who created one of my all-time favorite TV shows, Quantum Leap. Groovy.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:01 am

My husband had his picture taken with Susan Lucci. He was in fanboy heaven!
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top