How far is too far?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How far is too far?

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:05 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:It was! His girlfriend came over. He thought he was going to get the sex, so he took off his clothes. Instead, he got the break-up.

Trnaslation= Chick-Flick...... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:33 pm

John A. Cancienne wrote:
sacrificialgoddess wrote:It was! His girlfriend came over. He thought he was going to get the sex, so he took off his clothes. Instead, he got the break-up.

Well, it did have full frontal male nudity. Are you likely to find that to be an exciting attraction in a movie? NahNah
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:38 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:
John A. Cancienne wrote:

Well, it did have full frontal male nudity. Are you likely to find that to be an exciting attraction in a movie? NahNah

Not if it's a dude, Darlin'. What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:21 am

What's wrong with nudity?

Really, people are hung up over the strangest things.
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:33 am

WMDKitty wrote:What's wrong with nudity?

Really, people are hung up over the strangest things.

Iono.

Sometimes it's hot.

Sometimes it's not.

People need to learn the difference.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:42 am

What I'm saying is, dude, it's a human body. Big whoop.
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:40 am

Big whoop has been my reaction to getting HBO, which I haven't seen in a long time, and it has nudity. The first couple of times I was mildly surprised, now the nudity and sex really is no big deal. My mother was fond of saying to us when we were growing up "If you see something you've never seen before, shoot it" about nudity and/or sex, which in Mom-speak roughly translated to "we all have the same bits, get over it." She cultivated a sort of European attitude in us, I expect.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TPaine on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:03 am

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Regarding the court battles about commencement ceremonies, and the plug being pulled at a highschool graduation on a girl who they felt had gone too far in expressing her faith and making a plea for Christianity, how far is too far when one's talking about their faith in a public speech?

It depends on what you mean by a public speech. If you mean a speech endorsed by a governmental agency, such as a school, proselytizing violates the establishment clause. Government, including public schools, must remain neutral. If, on the other hand if the graduating class wants to meet in a private building (a church for instance) on their own to hear this person's speech there would be no problem. The bottom line is that government cannot promote a given religion despite what Friend! and his beloved Christian law firms say. James Madison, the author of the Bill of Rights explains it quite well.
"Every new and successful example, therefore, of a perfect separation between the ecclesiastical and civil matters, is of importance; and I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in showing that religion and Government will both exist in greater purity the less they are mixed together" ... James Madison (Letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822).
"The civil Government, though bereft of everything like an associated hierarchy, possesses the requisite stability, and performs its functions with complete success, whilst the number, the industry, and the morality of the priesthood, and the devotion of the people, have been manifestly increased by the total separation of the church from the State" ... James Madison (Letter to Robert Walsh, Mar. 2, 1819).
TPaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:45 am

If I'm going to be forced to view a nekked man, it needs to be me standing in front of a full length mirror, set in such a way it makes me look like Adonis. Now so far as female nudity.....it's like " wait till the kids go to bed, Honey."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:06 am

WMDKitty wrote:What I'm saying is, dude, it's a human body. Big whoop.

After all of the sophomoric jokes are said and done with concerning nudity, and you've all seen more than my fair share of them delivered here, let's stop and consider one thing. Being exposed to mommy, daddy, or one of the brothers or sisters in the home is going to happen. People run around the house getting dressed for school, or work. It's just going to happen at one time or another. It isn't anything to be embarrassed over unless it would be to the one sitting on the throne doing his business and someone busting in and backing out quickly saying "Jesus, did something crawl up you and die? Come on, I gotta brush my teeth in here after you get up!" With 5 kids, and two bathrooms, that's actually happened in my house. Fang and I raised four boys and a girl in an Old Mac Donald setting, where procreation and birth was really sorta the norm what with all of the animals we've had here. And the knowledge of how babies are made, and how they get there was not a shocker to any of them. But we kept them shielded from such things as gratuitous sex until they were old enough to understand that there was more to sex than making babies. That was our job. I believe that the setting we raised our kids in made them more comfortable around members of the other sex, and the boys more respectful to teen aged girls in regard to their anatomical developments. After all, they had a sister who went through it, and they were always advised by their mother to treat their dates the same as they wanted their sister treated by other boys. I find it difficult to accept from anyone that exposing kid under the age of 15 or 16 to total frontal nudity, even contextual to a scene in a movie, as beneficial.

Now as a parent,you can make that call, and I at least, won't say a word about it. But just remember, there will be questions, and you'll be the ones needing to answer them.

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:31 am

John A. Cancienne wrote:
allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:When they relent and let us see boobs on tv under freedom of speech, then they will have a case.

all

Call me a prude, or a grandfathertobe, or whatever, but I think prime time boobs ought to stay a no no. I'm still in shock from seeing Janet Jackson's boob come flying out at that Super bowl Half-Time show. affraid I mean if I wanted to see a pair of forty year old tits that bad Razz ........ well, Fang ain't forty any more, but you know what I mean. Wink

Kids, IMO, don't need to be exposed to nudity so early in life. As it is, it seems like kids are growing up way the hell faster than I did. Let 'em stay kids for awhile longer. Then introduce them to it say after they turn 30. Laughing

I was using shock value to make a point. Basically, I find there stuff to be as offensive, if not more so than nudity. They block that based on Puritarian values, yet cry freedom of speech when their stuff is threatened.

I really don't care one way or the other what they put on TV anymore. Doctor school kills the sense of wonderment as to what is under that sweater.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Library humor

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Hee!
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:28 pm

*snrk*
wmdkitty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:10 pm

Question OK, so call me dense, but I don't get it. Must be a girl thang. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:47 pm

John, it isn't nearly so funny when explained, I'm afraid. People are always looking for pictures of the naughty bits in libraries.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:54 pm

gillyflower wrote:John, it isn't nearly so funny when explained, I'm afraid. People are always looking for pictures of the naughty bits in libraries.

Rolling Eyes Oh..... I always went straight to the National Geographics Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:56 pm

A few years back when I was working Campus Security at a Catholic University I was propositioned by one of the Lovely Young Ladies. I just told her that she had the same equipment & plumbing that my Wife had so I didn't need to seek out.

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:33 pm

warlordofks wrote:A few years back when I was working Campus Security at a Catholic University I was propositioned by one of the Lovely Young Ladies. I just told her that she had the same equipment & plumbing that my Wife had so I didn't need to seek out.

You would have really shocked her if you told her she didn't have the correct plumbing. Evil Grin
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:51 pm

I can just picture Warlord standing there in front of that nekked future nun, holding his nose and saying "Eeeeeeewwwwwww! Where did that rotten egg smell come from?!" affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum