Bad People

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bad People

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:13 pm

Oh I was speaking from the psychological innate standpoint; this is what you get from me after I've been reading Piaget's work. Laughing Young children don't have the mental capability of realizing there are other people in the world outside themselves... such as when Piaget said "show mommy your picture" the 2/3- year old will hold it up to HER eyes, believing mommy can see it through her eyes, and stand in front of the TV believing people see through them, etc. etc. We carry a bit of that all throughout our lives, but eventually we learn there are other viewpoints and other people who matter outside ourselves too.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Ah yes, Piaget and the stages of development.

If I remember right, some interesting things happen around the early 30'sall
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:21 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Ah yes, Piaget and the stages of development.

If I remember right, some interesting things happen around the early 30'sall

As long as you're breathing it's interesting.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:23 pm

OOPs

Hold on!
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:14 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Oh I was speaking from the psychological innate standpoint; this is what you get from me after I've been reading Piaget's work. Young children don't have the mental capability of realizing there are other people in the world outside themselves... such as when Piaget said "show mommy your picture" the 2/3- year old will hold it up to HER eyes, believing mommy can see it through her eyes, and stand in front of the TV believing people see through them, etc. etc. We carry a bit of that all throughout our lives, but eventually we learn there are other viewpoints and other people who matter outside ourselves too.

Whats fascinating about that is I was never like that, I never thought the pictures on television were people in the television. And I never though Mommy's picture could see. I was weird. Not better, just weird, I don't think I was a child.
I actually think I am less mature now. Oh well. Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 pm

bounce A long time ago Life Magazine had a huge article about aging and what happens with each decade. I read it when I was a teen, I remember it interested me. I always want to know the mysteries of people & how they view life. I know I'm strange. Really wish I could read that article again! (Sigh) Sad
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Willow you don't seem strange to me, what does that mean?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Very Happy Well Thank You, dear MaineCaptain! Lets see? Strange? Oh honey you should send me an email then!

As an adult I am a very private individual. As a child I was a loner with in having lots of friends to play with on the outside. I enjoy mysteries of life & want to dig deeper in search of spirit. I am forever searching for answers to questions that I have not yet asked. Some people call me an "old soul". Wink
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top