The Cup and the Chalice

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Cup and the Chalice

Post by Gwyddion9 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:29 pm

I pop over to bnet, once in awhile. It's rather dead, atleast the areas that i visited, which is sad really.
It's (imo) become rather polarized, like most of the people in this country...and i know that i fall in this group at times too. So if i'm going to point a finger, i need to point at myself too.
I don't go to many sites much anymore. I find my blood pressure going up when i read some of the comments and find i have little to no patience for conservative Christianity. I know i shouldn't be like this but there are times i want to throw my arms in the air and say bring it!
Gwyddion9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:01 am

I know what you mean!!! I tend to direct my anger at what I percieve to be nincompoops and morons of all stripes...and I have to be careful to think before I type. I've given up on the EC's tho, and seem to be focusing in on fluffies (sorry everyone).

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:47 am

ECs? confused

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Evangelical's Christians. Sorry. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by hexpainter on Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:58 pm

I wonder over to the other place.
Creed payed a visit to the debate board after a year of not being there... he jumped in on his normal schtick... i called him a troll and was politely told that his ilk are allowed to post... so I erased my troll comment and now stay away from the debate board... let Creedy fight with himself...

other place not worth visiting... i have hope but after 6 months and no fixing the ability to re-edit your posts after 6 months... they don't care.

I can still edit my post #1 under "Allowance of Pandemonium" thread... I started that thread 3/1/09.
hexpainter

http://www.hexpainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:49 pm

I noticed that, about him being allowed to post. I think it has to do with the new moderator, not naming any names...

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Name them. Email me if you don't want it on the boards. I don't have any idea what's going on there, anymore.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:22 pm

I took a quick peek and I can't make heads nor tails of it over there. Crying or Very sad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:19 pm

Creaky Hedgewitch, someone whom I've always had a lot of respect, has taken an anything goes attitude over there. She gets angry if you dare say anything that might be interpreted as "closed-minded" or if you refuse to accept everything. She's also allowed Creed and other trolls to post and harass us, all because they aren't "violating the rules of conduct", even though they have on occasion. Creaky has taken over moderating almost all the pagan related boards, simply because most of the old mods have left, stepped down, or jsut don't go over there anymore.... *end rant*

Back to top Go down

Why Bother...

Post by hexpainter on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Beware!

Grumpy old fart rant...

went to the other place...
Not going back. tried to help point someone where to find info... Poster wanted to know about "Thelema"

Got into a "that's not really a Pagan" religion debate...
The line of bunk given was that even though it might draw on Pagan sources and borrow things from pagan roots it's not Pagan. Also because they couldn't get past the symbology being used...
"It's Masonic which is Christian" was on of the lines from the not Pagan person...

I posted long rebuttal but decided to just dump it. Just not worth the effort. Evil or Very Mad

okay... since TH brought up the name... CH is the one...
I can't believe she would say such a thing... but CH Being Dianic and AC being a Pig of a Man might be why.

Back to my Art work...
Sorry...

It's the Ignorant that get me all fired up...

addendum...

Maybe Creaky is just trying to keep conversation going on a dead board...
because they are very dead....

Last edited by hexpainter on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
hexpainter

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Honestly, I really haven't been back there in about a year. That place was my home for eight years, so that is saying something. My friends are here. They haven't given me a good enough reason to go back, after all the changes and the loss of my favorite mods.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:32 pm

I agree. I'd been frequenting the site for about four or fives years under various names, and I'd been growing increasingly annoyed with the changes. It's really too bad. I'm not sure why I insist on going back there from time to time....

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Glutton for punishment?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hexpainter on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:53 pm

I keep saying "I won't go back..."
Then I do...
hexpainter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:53 pm

"Glutton for punishment?" I guess so.... *sigh*

Back to top Go down

Post by innerpoint on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:12 pm

SG, you lost some mods? What did you do with them?

>ip slips into a corner getting ready to break in a new chair<

Hey!! Where's the cookies??
innerpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Hey, Innerpoint! How are you? How about some nice shortbread w/orange marmalade?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by innerpoint on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi, love! I'll gladly take a piece of shortbread... and a hug!

I'm guessing that no one has broken this yet and I think it might be of interest to most of us:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100625/ap_on_hi_te/us_beliefnet_sale
innerpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:58 pm

I heard it was up for sale, but not that it had been bought. The buyers don't make me any more inclined to go back.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why is this amusing?

Post by DotNotInOz on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:12 am

BN Media chief executive Steve Halliday said BN Media was interested in Beliefnet's "high-quality content, tremendously loyal community and its well-established brand."

Couldn't prove that one by our experience or that of any of the decent mods they canned, huh?

Belief has a reputation for providing "high quality, diverse inspirational content reflecting a myriad of cultures, religious beliefs and secular philosophies," Halliday said in a statement.

Can we say "Creativity Alliance"? Although, I'm still trying to figure out how it managed to get onto the list of religious faiths other than the fact that the ROC might as well be called the AG for "anything goes," neo-Nazis welcome.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jAx8_vKaH5sd1k1eBv0IePyeN4Nw
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteHart on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:43 pm

Just poking my nose in to say hi!
WhiteHart

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:54 am

Hey WhiteHart Smile

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top