Catholic bishops in US ban Japanese reiki

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Catholic bishops in US ban Japanese reiki

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:15 am

But would most Christians recognize Reiki in action if they saw it?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:01 pm

Popcorn SG, Heavens no they wouldn't recognize it. IT doesn't come in capsule form! Sheesh! Stir
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:22 am

Willowcreek70633 wrote:Popcorn SG, Heavens no they wouldn't recognize it. IT doesn't come in capsule form! Sheesh! Stir

lol!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:20 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:But would most Christians recognize Reiki in action if they saw it?

Well, in my own little corner of the world, most of the Christians I know recognize it!

A friend relieved a huge migraine for me once using it....it was incredible!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:29 pm

Razz
Well, you New Englanders are fast paced anyways & take risks easier then your Southern Bible Belt brothers!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:31 pm

Exactly, this former Baptist, and Reiki practitioner, knows it's forbidden!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:36 pm

I don't know if New Englanders are fasted paced, but we have our peculiarities Very Happy

Last edited by MaineCaptain on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chokmah on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:34 pm

Heck, I've been told by Baptists and Calvary Chapel and Presbyterians that Yoga is evil, and Yoga helped me a lot.

Oddly enough, none of the Catholics I know said anything bad about Yoga.
Chokmah

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:43 pm

Have you asked? Razz

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:42 am

Catholics are a lot more openminded about such things, TED, than you might think.

However, I ought to say lay Catholics and some nuns and priests. I've encountered any number of them who would adopt various techniques such as yoga for exercise or meditation. In fact, one Catholic church I know of actually had an active TM group when Transcendental Meditation was such a fad back in the 60's and 70's.

It's the Catholic "higher-ups" who often get their lingerie in a disoriented configuration partially because they're expected to publicize the official Catholic party line, IMO.
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:11 am

Most lay Catholics, I've no doubt (except maybe the older and stricter ones). I was meaning those in power, like the ones who banned Reiki.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:04 pm

Chokmah wrote:Heck, I've been told by Baptists and Calvary Chapel and Presbyterians that Yoga is evil, and Yoga helped me a lot.

Oddly enough, none of the Catholics I know said anything bad about Yoga.

That's odd....one of the members of my Baptist church was teaching yoga on Saturday mornings in the church basement!!! Must be one of the "New England pecularities" that Maine was talking about! LOL

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Very Happy LOL, that must be it!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Wink See? What did I say? Beribee & MC?

The southern bible belters are a tad slower & more wary in accepting anything not of Jesus! Anything that isn't of "The Save Your" is of the DEVIL! BTW he gets credit for A LOT of things because its just "ferein" ("foreign") to em!

On a side note. Not to get off topic here. But just a scare tactic to throw in here to y'all!
My Grandmother went to Catholic Church faithfully. She practiced the "Old Ways" faithfully. She also went to the Chiropractor & her Masseuse faithfully. She had a female medical Dr. from India, way before it was norm. When she fell ill with a cold one winter, her children stepped in (My God, she's 97yrs old, she needs up to date care) They got rid of all of Grandmothers "cronies/quacks/witch doctors/ potions"...sent her to their Medical Doctors...ran tests, shoved drugs down her ....and she was dead within the yr.
silent Still makes me wonder...ya know? Suspect
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:25 pm

Just 'cuz it's new doesn't make it better!!!

Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:36 pm

I am right with you there, Just cuz it new.............

My Mother was Catholic, Willow, wonderful open minded women. Of course she was not blessed with contact with the old ways, She grew up during WW2 in England, but she did have exposure to many cultures, and she liked people in general. Like learning.

And of course the female line was blessed (or cursed) depending on whom you speak, with the ability of second sight. This included My Mother.
She believed other gods were real, quite stunning now I think back on it Embarassed She must had a very complicated belief system. I wish I had discussed it more with her before she passed on. Everything odd just seemed so natural.
And my life has been very odd Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am

I love you Beribee, & Maine Captain...thank you for the support!

Thats why I come here & chat with y'all! I have noticed that people DO have complicated belief systems that work for them & only them. It is our personal relationship with our creators (give em a tag, name, identity) but YOU know that through YOUR own belief system what works & what doesn't work!

I don't understand the everything is black/white...right/wrong...exteme opposites, or whatever. I can't put my Higher Power in a little box just for me. My Grandmother taught me to look outside of the box. Like your Mother, Maine Captain, there was something better, or prettier, to connect with. There are people to enjoy & learn from.
I don't know if its the "European" thing, or the "Old Country" ways...but the other continent...has moved beyond "religion & its boundaries". Europeans joke about it, talk about it, & have learned from it.
Maybe I'm an old soul, maybe I'm beyond, or before my time. I don't see what all the hoopla is about when a religion HAS to make a decision on something that people say works for them! It places all the beauty of spirit in a snug, little box!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Chokmah on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Willowcreek70633 wrote:Wink See? What did I say? Beribee & MC?

The southern bible belters are a tad slower & more wary in accepting anything not of Jesus! Anything that isn't of "The Save Your" is of the DEVIL! BTW he gets credit for A LOT of things because its just "ferein" ("foreign") to em!

On a side note. Not to get off topic here. But just a scare tactic to throw in here to y'all!
My Grandmother went to Catholic Church faithfully. She practiced the "Old Ways" faithfully. She also went to the Chiropractor & her Masseuse faithfully. She had a female medical Dr. from India, way before it was norm. When she fell ill with a cold one winter, her children stepped in (My God, she's 97yrs old, she needs up to date care) They got rid of all of Grandmothers "cronies/quacks/witch doctors/ potions"...sent her to their Medical Doctors...ran tests, shoved drugs down her ....and she was dead within the yr.
silent Still makes me wonder...ya know? Suspect

Ya think it had anything to do with her being 97 yrs. old?

Laughing
Chokmah

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Very Happy Hysterical Chokmah! Your killing me here hon! She was on the road of recovery before her "children" stepped in. Its not the fact that she died @ 98! Its the fact that her "children" didn't like her lifestyle & medicinal intuition! To me, thats why she LIVED to be 98! Out of her 10 children she outlived all except for 4! Razz
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyKweer on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:56 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:
"A Catholic who puts his or her trust in
reiki would be operating in the realm of superstition,

But consuming one's god of choice by eating a cracker and sipping wine is NOT superstition?

HappyKweer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:06 pm

HappyKweer wrote:
TigersEyeDowsing wrote:
"A Catholic who puts his or her trust in
reiki would be operating in the realm of superstition,

But consuming one's god of choice by eating a cracker and sipping wine is NOT superstition?

Taa-daa.

TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:09 pm

I suppose the difference between superstition and honest belief is whether it is your belief or not.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:57 pm

HappyKweer wrote:
But consuming one's god of choice by eating a cracker....

Soylent Green is people!
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Willowcreek70633 wrote: Beribee, & Maine Captain...thank you for the support!

Thats why I come here & chat with y'all! I have noticed that people DO have complicated belief systems that work for them & only them. It is our personal relationship with our creators (give em a tag, name, identity) but YOU know that through YOUR own belief system what works & what doesn't work!

I don't understand the everything is black/white...right/wrong...exteme opposites, or whatever. I can't put my Higher Power in a little box just for me. My Grandmother taught me to look outside of the box. Like your Mother, Maine Captain, there was something better, or prettier, to connect with. There are people to enjoy & learn from.
I don't know if its the "European" thing, or the "Old Country" ways...but the other continent...has moved beyond "religion & its boundaries". Europeans joke about it, talk about it, & have learned from it.
Maybe I'm an old soul, maybe I'm beyond, or before my time. I don't see what all the hoopla is about when a religion HAS to make a decision on something that people say works for them! It places all the beauty of spirit in a snug, little box!

Willow. I've talked about my own personal beliefs. But I've also said many times over the years that there's no one right path to the Divine. I believe that each of us have to find our own path. If the path we choose leads us to become more Loving, more Caring, more Accepting then it's the right path for us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:48 pm

BTW. My Mother was born & raised in the Catholic Church. She went to Parochial Schools while growing up. Yet she taught me that all are equal no matter what our religion, our race, et cetera. She was very open minded. She was everything my father was not. He was very prejudiced & racist as well as what else I've talked about him over the years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top