The Reality of God's Reconciliation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Reality of God's Reconciliation

Post by newnature on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Reconciliation simply means a change in status, and it is a major issue recognizing reconciliation. Reconciliation from God’s advantage point is an accomplished fact, and God is reconciled where the totality of the sin debt of all men is concerned. None of us measure up to the perfection of God, and the only reason God could say through Paul, “Grace and Peace be unto you” is because his son fully paid the price. How many of us have grown up with the idea that God has to make a decision at some point in our life whether or not to forgive us for our sins? God forgiving us is not something he must decided to do.

The truth Paul has proclaimed in all of his epistles is we could not get right with God in a million life times of trial and error. We could never make ourselves right with God, and he had to do what we could not do for ourselves. God had to make us right with him, and he did so through the finished work of his perfectly righteous son. How many of our sins were future when Christ died for our sins? All of them were future, and God placed them all on his perfectly righteous son. Christ’s test score is written on our paper, it is an amazing transfer.

The issue of sin was settled as a result of Christ’s death upon the tree of crucifixion, it is a son issue today, not a sin issue. Will we accept what Jesus Christ accomplished as a result of his death upon the tree of crucifixion or will we reject it, the son is the issue with God today. God’s attitude of love forces no one to take him at his word. God gives all the choice to accept what Christ accomplished on their behalf today, or to reject it. God purchased men out of sins dominion, never to be returned to the market place of sin again. By removing the sin issue from the table of God’s justice, God effectively canceled Satan’s ownership of all mankind.

Reconciliation has to do with God’s justice being satisfied for sins, reconciliation is a sin issue. Many teachers will tell us that we can be reconciled, but that is not true, reconciliation was accomplished as a result of Christ’s death upon the tree of crucifixion, where Christ became sin for the entire human race. Our sins were not stored on Christ to be brought back later; our sins were paid for by him, and he satisfied totally the justice of God for those sins.

Justification, on the other hand, is something entirely different; it has to do with a judicial decree of the very righteousness of God himself freely attributed to our account. To be justified (the gift declaration of the very righteousness of God) means to receive that gift that came to all men. No one can receive that unless that person is placed into Christ. Being placed into Christ, joined to Christ is the method whereby God justifies us; or righteousifies us. We must believe that Christ put our sins (past, present and future) away forever as a result of his death, in order to be placed into Christ to have righteousness freely attributed to our account.

newnature

Back to top Go down

Boring Lectures

Post by gillyflower on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:21 am

*sigh* Could you just become obsessed with something else? I think we need a board named BORING LECTURES NO ONE READS. This would fit right in.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Reality of God's Reconciliation

Post by tmarie64 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:46 am

LOL!!! I know what you mean, Gilly. I read this yesterday... well, part of it, I kinda nodded off near the middle, almost fell out of my chair. Then I had to eat dinner... then... well, just decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Those Christians who think that God is such a nitpicky bastard that he would say, "You ain't follered mah suuun all them thar years so you'ns ain't gittin intuh heaven" just kill me. Frankly, if people like that get in, I'd rather not. Smile

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:55 am

newnature, . . . . . . . . seriously. . . . . . . . do you think we haven't heard this all before? Calling something "truth" doesn't make it so. I hope you can see that.

If you find worth in it, . . . that's good for you. I personally do not. And what I've learned [about the actual history of the bible narrative, old and new testament writings], . . . I don't find worth in it.

The god of your idea of reconsiliation is a petty god, really. Creating the person sick, demanding it be made well [outside of its own ability to be so], yet becoming wrathful [which goes beyond a mere 'anger'] when people act . . . normally! It is a nearly insane setup. And before this god can be "satisfied", . . . it must view the death of creatures [eventually himself] as they die in a bloody and horrific death. Old testament even speaks of the smoke of the burning carcass being "pleasant to god's nostrils"! It is barbaric.

As for "perfection", there is evidence of this god NOT being "perfect" at all. To whom will god make amends to for this?
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:40 pm

It's not so much that we have heard this before... we've heard this four times from this person. Over at Bnet we see this too, a wo/man gets stuck on one thing and keeps posting that same thing over and over despite the fact that they get the same response every time. Right now my reaction is "Post something new already!"

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Brain still hurt from other poster.

At least the spelling here is reasonable. Or, at least it is halfway through the first paragraph. That's all the farther I got.....
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 pm

This fellow seems to be making the rounds on number of religious forums, and posting the same crap. I guess it isn't technically spamming if its the same crap, on separate forums. Still, what you would expect, drive by proselytizing et al.

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:16 am

There are so many people who think they know it all and feel compelled to lecture others that I'm wondering if they are frustrated teachers? I don't mean that they are really teachers - the best teachers don't lecture or "talk at" others, they involve their students. But maybe it is a gene thing? Prosey old bores aren't exactly new.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:24 am

I call them "Chick Tract christians". They expect people to say, "Oh, . . . I didn't know that! How can I be saved???"

Now, I don't know if newnature will actually come back on here and have a NORMAL conversation or not, . . . but if it is a "drive by", . . . then I say, delete the entire thread. Of course, . . . that isn't my call. Smile
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:26 am

I can answer that! He is strictly a drive by poster. He will only come back to post his newest lecture on the same old stuff. I think that you are right, but really they think the brilliance of their thoughts/words are what do the trick. Not their god or anything else. They are so gosh darn brilliant that they, and they alone, convert perfect strangers!

I wondered when I saw it. About deleting it, I mean. I think to stop him, he'd have to be banned. He doesn't read anything anyone posts in response IMO.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Yep. Just don't like people that do the "drive by".
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top