What are you attracting right now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are you attracting right now?

Post by jessicasilverman on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:29 am

"Imagination is everything.
It is the preview of Life's coming attractions"
Albert Einstein
The universal law of attraction is constantly working and responding to your thoughts and feelings. Whether they are good or bad thoughts, happy or sad feelings - it is always responding to you. I wish you all wonderful thoughts, ecstatic feelings, a greater awareness through meditation of what you want to attract into your life. Happiness and joy to you all Smile

jessicasilverman

Back to top Go down

Re: What are you attracting right now?

Post by DeavonReye on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Not sure I personally believe in the "law of attraction". Not saying it isn't real, but I know what it is like to imagine many things that never come to pass. Do you have an example of this "law" at work?
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:15 pm

I see a lot of this around and I don't think I believe in it either. On the other hand, I don't see anything wrong with being cheerful and positive, if only because - like some of the young things I know on Facebook - when you are always spreading drama or telling everyone how down or crazy you are feeling, it does after a while drive people away. It is hard to listen to constant whining.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:29 pm

I have posted this a couple of times, but because it is both amazing to watch and to the point:

Smile or Diehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5um8QWWRvo

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:40 pm

*snerk* Rolling Eyes

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Here a reason why I don't care for the ideology of the OP. It is too much like the "Name it claim it" preachers who will also use the phrase, "don't speak it into existence". A family member was BIG into Kenneth Copeland [and the like] and was one of the most fundamentalistic members of the family. What goes along with their doctrine is, "praying the right way".

My brother's nephew [on his brother in law and sister in law's side] drown in the lake, and they prayed very hard for him to gain consciousness and make it, but he did not. That Copeland loving person had the nerve to say one of the most stupid things I've ever heard, . . . . "Well, . . . you didn't pray the right way."

So that is one of the reasons why the "attracting things to you" sits uneasy with me.
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:24 pm

DeavonReye wrote:Here a reason why I don't care for the ideology of the OP. It is too much like the "Name it claim it" preachers who will also use the phrase, "don't speak it into existence". A family member was BIG into Kenneth Copeland [and the like] and was one of the most fundamentalistic members of the family. What goes along with their doctrine is, "praying the right way".

My brother's nephew [on his brother in law and sister in law's side] drown in the lake, and they prayed very hard for him to gain consciousness and make it, but he did not. That Copeland loving person had the nerve to say one of the most stupid things I've ever heard, . . . . "Well, . . . you didn't pray the right way."

So that is one of the reasons why the "attracting things to you" sits uneasy with me.

It should. It is magical thinking, thinking that you can control everything in your life if you just do the right ritual, hold your head a certain way while rubbing your tummy, say the right word, believe the right thing, whatever. It is a lie. You do not control the world around you. You cannot bribe the world into going your way, you can't fix everything.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Wow, . . . after reading my post, this morning, . . . . . though the thought was true, . . . it sure wasn't very terse. I swear I'll do better next time! :-o

Anyway, gillyflower, you are so right about that. I'm quite sure that some very positive thinking people have found themselves in awful circumstances. However, it CAN make your life a bit more livable TO think positively [this is one of those "D'uh statments, of course]. That such thinking WILL change what will be is less "magick", and more coincidents.

Now, Jessica, if you have something to post that lends evidence to your belief, please post it here for us. :-)
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:50 pm

What I attract in my life; trouble. Trouble to shoot, as I am a good trouble shooter. Sometimes my trouble shooting is problem solving, some times my trouble shooting is peacemaking, sometimes my trouble shooting is two to the center of mass. Once in a while trouble is a bear who desires some hand to hand practice. Every once in a while trouble is ballet shoes that need ribbons sewed on them; because skill with stitching flesh translates to damasked silk surprisingly well.

Sometimes trouble is a friend needing to vent, sometimes a friend who is burdened with more beer than he should drink alone. Sometimes the problem is a large breasted brunette with needs. Trouble is what I attract, and I do love trouble so Cool

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top