Not sure where to put this one... Did anyone else hear about this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not sure where to put this one... Did anyone else hear about this?

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:02 am

Central Virginia Boy Scout leaders talk about document release AKA "Perversion List".

All I've got to say is if THIS is their idea of "fine upstanding Christian men", then I'll leave MY kids with the "pervert" homosexuals every time.
At least the chances of my kid getting raped by one is MUCH lower.

What is it about the hard core Xtians? They judge and denounce, ridicule, harass and bully anyone who doesn't fit their cookie cutter. Call the homosexuals "wrong" and "pervert"... Yet the VAST, GINORMOUS majority of pedophiles AND rapists are heterosexual men..... Really? I just don't get it. I'm Christian and just don't get it. They definitely forget that "When you point your finger at someone else, there are 3 more pointing back at you"....

The sanctimonious bullshit coming from the Boy Scouts... denying a boy who has EARNED his Eagle Scout badge, the very badge he worked for because he came out as gay. As if he has somehow NOT worked all his life for that. Or not allowing the lesbian mom to be troop leader any more because she's a "perversion".... Really? Yet YOU allow rapists to run your groups? A SEXUAL PREDATOR is better than a loving mom?????

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Not sure where to put this one... Did anyone else hear about this?

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:02 am

Rant over.... thank you. Smile

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:21 am

I'm right there with ya, except the Christian part.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:21 pm

There are many reasons I see the Boy Scouts as morally objectionable. This is one.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:15 am

No you are wrong. There is no such thing as a True Christian. There are however goo people who happen to be Christian and bad people who are Christians. All the rest of us care about is that Christians treat other people well.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:33 am

No. I don't believe in just one god. I believe in many, many gods. Because I have met them.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:01 pm

I doubt that attitude will take you very far here.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:26 pm

So, you see that I'm not a Christian, and so pelt me with Bible verses. That an a quarter will get you a gumball out of a vending machine. It wouldn't mean too much to you if I quoted the Eddas at you would it? So why quote the bible at me?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Barbara M Wheeler wrote:
gillyflower wrote:No you are wrong. There is no such thing as a True Christian. There are however goo people who happen to be Christian and bad people who are Christians. All the rest of us care about is that Christians treat other people well.

You are surely entitled to that opinion, I see things a bit differently through the words in the bible. When the bible instructs us to do a thing, it only makes sense to take it under consideration and do all we can to live up to the righteous standards set out for us. Satan wants us to believe that just believing is quite sufficient.... but what does the bible teach in this regard.... (James 2:19) 19 You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder.

Jesus said we would know the truth and the truth will set us free but there is a prerequisite in the proceeding verse to John 8:32... it is this....(John 8:31, 32) And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him: “If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, 32 and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free.”
Only if you "remain" in his word, in other words ... follow his commandments..... will you have the truth set you free. Knowing and doing are two different things....

See that's where you go wrong. You worship a bible rather than Yahweh. Don't bother following the rules of the bible. Develop instead a good relationship with your god/gods. Once you do that, you won't ever confuse a book and a god.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Barbara M Wheeler wrote:
sacrificialgoddess wrote:No. I don't believe in just one god. I believe in many, many gods. Because I have met them.

OK then.
That is your right to believe that if you desire....(Deuteronomy 30:19, 20) 19 I do take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against YOU today, that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the malediction; and you must choose life in order that you may keep alive, you and your offspring, 20 by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice and by sticking to him; for he is your life and the length of your days, that you may dwell upon the ground that Jehovah swore to your forefathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob to give to them.”

We all get to make our own choice in the matter... Have a nice life!

I will have a nice life. Yahweh is a pretty decent god. You should get to know him.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:57 pm

If you don't stop throwing out those goddam bible verses I'm gonna HAVE to remove you!

Any baboon can copy and paste. TALK or shut up. And what the HELL has anything you've said got to do with the TOPIC? I do NOT give you permission to come on to MY thread and spam us with your bullshit.

I'm Catholic, and was raised to DISCUSS not beat people over the head with the bible. I also learned VERY early that anyone who quotes it as much as you is the WORST kind of person, a fake Xtian.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top