The Only Way to Escape Hell

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Only Way to Escape Hell

Post by Ben Masada on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:37 pm

THE ONLY WAY TO ESCAPE HELL

That's from one of Jesus' parables. The one about the Richman and Lazarus. There was a certain rich man, who, somehow, due to his opulence and pride, as well as his uncharitable life, he ended up with his being thrown in Hell as his afterlife punishment. Lazarus, on the other hand, due to his patience in spite of his ordeal, got to go to Heaven, which in Jesus' words, meant the bosom of Abraham.

And in Hell, the Richman lifted up his eyes, being in torments, look at Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and asked for mercy, if not for him, for his family. If Abraham could send Lazarus to his family to testify to them, so that they could escape the torments of Hell. Then, Jesus, through Abraham's mouth said: "They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them."

The Richman insisted that if one went to them from the dead, they would repent. Then, Jesus, and again through Abraham, said, "If they don't listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead." (Luke 16:19-31)

This prophectic parable has been fulfilled every day for about 2000 years. Christians believe that Jesus has been raised from the dead, but it seems to me, there is no way to persuade them to listen to Moses and the Prophets.

The expression "Moses and the Prophets" means the Law in one word. Christians prefer to listen to Paul and not to Moses. They either do not believe Jesus' words or that Hell does not exist. It was just a parable anyway, what the heck? At least, they should believe the Prophets for a change. The only way to set things right with God, so that our sins become as white as snow is to repent from our transgressions to the Law and return to obey it. (Isa. 1:18,19) Jesus couldn't have been more clear, that to listen to Moses is the only way to escape Hell.

Ben

Ben Masada

http://shalom007@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Only Way to Escape Hell

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Or to be one of the other people......Wink
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Masada on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:23 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Or to be one of the other people......Wink

Now, you got me on that one. I have no idea what you mean by "the other people." Care to elaborate?

Ben

Ben Masada

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:47 pm

It's a long story, and I don't really have time to relate it personally, but I can give you a link.

http://www.paganlibrary.com/fundies/other_people.php

I feel I must tell you, that it's not the basis for a belief, but a statement born of a refutation of missionary attempts.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Laughing

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:02 pm

I'll tell ya SG, I'm so scatterbrained today that I almost posted "born from a refutation of the missionary position"

Smile
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Well, since your wife just gave birth, I would venture to guess you aren't getting any.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Yeah, it makes for an interesting mindset.....
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Masada on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:31 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:It's a long story, and I don't really have time to relate it personally, but I can give you a link.

http://www.paganlibrary.com/fundies/other_people.php

I feel I must tell you, that it's not the basis for a belief, but a statement born of a refutation of missionary attempts.

I have had many of those refutations with "JW's".

Ben Masada

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 pm

Good for you?
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

The Contribution of "JW's" to RT

Post by Ben Masada on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:15 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Good for you?

Here is one of them:

THE CONTRIBUTION OF "JW's" TO RT

To get you familiar with the initials above, "JW's" stand for "Jehovah Witnesses" and RT stands for Replacement Theology. And my point with this thread is to bring up to the felow posters' attention how serious is the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.

In the afternoon of this last Saturday, I was visited by a couple of "JW's; a man and his wife. In their words of introduction was their identification. They wanted to make sure they were Biblically documented in the Hebrew Scriptures. How so, I asked? And they insisted that I read it myself in Isaiah 43:10. "You are My witnesses, says the Lord, and My servants whom I have chosen, to know and believe Me, and understand that I am He."

"All right," the man said, "We would like to make it very clear, if you don't mind, that we are not here to debate religion but to teach; and not to be taught." Then, I asked if I could ask questions. He agreed and asked me what was my question. I asked, "Whom is the Prophet speaking about in Isaiah 43?" He answered and said, "A people who would rise to be witnesses to Jehovah; and that's us," he said.

"Can I read just the first verse of Isaiah 43?" He agreed and that's what I read: "But now, thus says the Lord that created you, O Jacob, and He that formed you, O Israel; fear not for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine."

"See what you are doing here today, sir? You are trying to replace us - Israel - with you - Christians. This is Replacement Theology, sir. And you know only too well; so much so that you tried to make sure from the onset, that debate would be a no no. You have made a mistake, sir. It just happens that Jews have a mind of their own. It means that you have a lot to learn in order to teach. If we can't give each other equal time to speak, you might as well leave." The wife apologized and they left. Obviously, the man was afraid to be refuted.

Ben

Ben Masada

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:40 pm

I love it!

You, my friend can argue from a position that I can not (and don't really wish to being that it's not my position, so don't read that into my statement).

See, I can argue, as I did, that I am one of the "other people".

You can argue that they are the other people.

Our arguments are not that different. Just from different perspectives.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Ben Masada wrote:
allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Good for you?

Here is one of them:

THE CONTRIBUTION OF "JW's" TO RT

To get you familiar with the initials above, "JW's" stand for "Jehovah Witnesses" and RT stands for Replacement Theology. And my point with this thread is to bring up to the felow posters' attention how serious is the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.

In the afternoon of this last Saturday, I was visited by a couple of "JW's; a man and his wife. In their words of introduction was their identification. They wanted to make sure they were Biblically documented in the Hebrew Scriptures. How so, I asked? And they insisted that I read it myself in Isaiah 43:10. "You are My witnesses, says the Lord, and My servants whom I have chosen, to know and believe Me, and understand that I am He."

"All right," the man said, "We would like to make it very clear, if you don't mind, that we are not here to debate religion but to teach; and not to be taught." Then, I asked if I could ask questions. He agreed and asked me what was my question. I asked, "Whom is the Prophet speaking about in Isaiah 43?" He answered and said, "A people who would rise to be witnesses to Jehovah; and that's us," he said.

"Can I read just the first verse of Isaiah 43?" He agreed and that's what I read: "But now, thus says the Lord that created you, O Jacob, and He that formed you, O Israel; fear not for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine."

"See what you are doing here today, sir? You are trying to replace us - Israel - with you - Christians. This is Replacement Theology, sir. And you know only too well; so much so that you tried to make sure from the onset, that debate would be a no no. You have made a mistake, sir. It just happens that Jews have a mind of their own. It means that you have a lot to learn in order to teach. If we can't give each other equal time to speak, you might as well leave." The wife apologized and they left. Obviously, the man was afraid to be refuted.

Ben

You are spamming this around this site and others. Don't do it anymore.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Ben, why are you roid crazy about one denomination? Do you have any other denominations that you go around the internet attacking?

What do you hope to gain by your behavior? Are you aware that there are no JW who post here?

In case you are wondering I have a low tolerance for this sort of thing.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:51 pm

In Ben's defense, I will say that the "other people" link that I referenced made reference to "Yahweh's Witlesses", and all though he had posted it in several different areas, it did fit with the discussion we were having.

Let's fact it, we've all got axes to grind. Just because ours is a little bit broader than his, doesn't make it that different.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 pm

I think though that we complain on sites where the members of the religion or whatnot can fight back. Mostly. So, Ben, if it makes you feel better, bitch away.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Yeah, I was just saying I probably started it. This time anyway.

I'm broadening the net. Christians in general are advocating replacement theology.

I know we've got a few of them. Wink
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top