The Contribution of "JW's" to RT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Contribution of "JW's" to RT

Post by Ben Masada on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:41 pm

THE CONTRIBUTION OF "JW's" TO RT

To get you familiar with the initials above, "JW's" stand for "Jehovah Witnesses" and RT stands for Replacement Theology. And my point with this thread is to bring up to the felow posters' attention how serious is the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.

In the afternoon of this last Saturday, I was visited by a couple of "JW's; a man and his wife. In their words of introduction was their identification. They wanted to make sure they were Biblically documented in the Hebrew Scriptures. How so, I asked? And they insisted that I read it myself in Isaiah 43:10. "You are My witnesses, says the Lord, and My servants whom I have chosen, to know and believe Me, and understand that I am He."

"All right," the man said, "We would like to make it very clear, if you don't mind, that we are not here to debate religion but to teach; and not to be taught." Then, I asked if I could ask questions. He agreed and asked me what was my question. I asked, "Whom is the Prophet speaking about in Isaiah 43?" He answered and said, "A people who would rise to be witnesses to Jehovah; and that's us," he said.

"Can I read just the first verse of Isaiah 43?" He agreed and that's what I read: "But now, thus says the Lord that created you, O Jacob, and He that formed you, O Israel; fear not for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine."

"See what you are doing here today, sir? You are trying to replace us - Israel - with you - Christians. This is Replacement Theology, sir. And you know only too well; so much so that you tried to make sure from the onset, that debate would be a no no. You have made a mistake, sir. It just happens that Jews have a mind of their own. It means that you have a lot to learn in order to teach. If we can't give each other equal time to speak, you might as well leave." The wife apologized and they left. Obviously, the man was afraid to be refuted.

Ben

Ben Masada

http://shalom007@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Contribution of "JW's" to RT

Post by tmarie64 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Sorry, I couldn't read this. JW's are not Christian. They are not even a REAL religion. They are a cult. I know from first hand stories from a woman and her family who were victims of this cult.
She married a Jehovah jack-ass. She was separated from her family and friends. NEVER allowed to see them. NEVER left alone, ever. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, when her husband went to work two of the women from the "church" would come stay with her. Her own mother didn't know anything about her life. There is nothing anyone can say to me about the jehovah jackasses that will redeem them to me.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:30 pm

I had them come to my door once. The Rottweiler I had at the time scared them off.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Masada on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:00 pm

tmarie64 wrote:Sorry, I couldn't read this. JW's are not Christian. They are not even a REAL religion. They are a cult. I know from first hand stories from a woman and her family who were victims of this cult.
She married a Jehovah jack-ass. She was separated from her family and friends. NEVER allowed to see them. NEVER left alone, ever. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, when her husband went to work two of the women from the "church" would come stay with her. Her own mother didn't know anything about her life. There is nothing anyone can say to me about the jehovah jackasses that will redeem them to me.

I can sympatize with the case but, sorry to contradict you, if they believe that Jesus was Christ, that's all it takes for one to be called a Christian. Now, this that they constitute a cult, so did Christianity at its craddle. Likewise, there is no Catholic religion, or Protestant religion, or Mormon religion, etc, etc. They are all under the same Christian banner. They are all, IWO, sects of Christianity.

Ben

Ben Masada

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Sorry Tina, I kinda agree with Ben here.

All different flavors of ice cream, but still ice cream.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Masada on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Sorry Tina, I kinda agree with Ben here.

All different flavors of ice cream, but still ice cream.

Wow! That's a nice way to put it.

Ben Masada

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 pm

No, to be Christian one must FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST. They do not and they are not.
I know all about the difference between religion and denomination. And JW are NOT Christian.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm

But not everyone agrees as to what the teachings of Christ are.....
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Christians do, All. That would be the bible. And since jehovah's jackasses don't follow or believe as any Christian denomination does...

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:04 pm

No they don't, Tina. A Christian is a person who follows Jesus. They don't have to believe what the majority of Christians believe and they don't have to follow the Catholic or Protestant versions of the bible. No one does anyway. Everyone cherry picks.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:08 am

tmarie64 wrote:Christians do, All. That would be the bible. And since jehovah's jackasses don't follow or believe as any Christian denomination does...

Then why are Baptists so different from Catholics, and Bereans so different from both of them? How do the Mennonites fit into that? What about Lutherans and Evangelicals?

Everyone has a different idea about what Jesus was teaching. I even have a idea about what Jesus was teaching. Until presented with a better option, I'm gonna classify Christians as anyone who says they are Christian, because I bet you wouldn't like it if I classified those who were Christian as those who followed Jesus's teachings as I understand them.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:46 am

There are basics that are in every Christian denomination... The 10 Commandments, being the biggest. They all accept Jesus as Lord. JWs do not.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:15 am

I don't feel comfortable telling someone (on a religious or philosophical basis of course) that they aren't what they say they are.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:39 pm

I don't think it matters if a person thinks Jesus was a man, demi-god or god.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top