Hello! Peace be unto you!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hello! Peace be unto you!

Post by Brother Mishael on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:01 am

Southern Hick wrote:Good afternoon everyone[smile].
I believe that you are correct about that[about Judaism], SacrificialGoddess. I should go bust open my copy of the Torah or ask within a Jewish chat forum and try to find out. As I said, not belonging to these religions has made me somewhat "rusty" in regards to the doctrine. Satan certainly seemed like this when IT and God were playing around with Job's life. Neutral

Could be, Lady Gillyflower. Hopefully we will soon discover.

Also sir, in addition to what I already asked within my last post, would you also please tell us what it is that these evil voices are ordering/asking you to do that constitutes turning away from God?
Commit a crime?
Actively worship Satan?
Accept the Theory of Evolution[..... jocolor .....]?
Something else?

In another post I made someone requested that I keep my posts under 1000 words but I would need that and more to give a detailed layout of the past 8 years. So to keep it short and sweet... Like I said before they are pretty straight forward, they literally say "bow to satan". To bow before any idol or other "god" is a major offense there is no lightness about this matter. If I bowed my knee unto ha satan that would be as bad as cursing the Most High to His face. Seeing that most who have replied to me have been Pagan that may not seem very serious to this particular group. But if you read the Torah idolatry is the highest concern of the Most High with regards to His people... I am a musician and I wrote a song with lyrics that say "I vow to YAH, Right now to YAH, To bow to YAH, and YAH alone". It is very unfitting that I should ever bow to a god of this world.

Being a musician brings me to my next point I don't know if you have heard about devil worshippers in the music industry, but I was approached twice by demonic forces and offered to sell my soul for a successful music carreer. But it runs deeper than that. However, I will share in this alloted space that I have been also approached in many different ways aside from being told to write and sing music for ha satan. They have tried to seduce me by telling me to be a vessel for the Egyptian god Osiris, and that Isis is my wife. They also said I was Osiris reincarnated. They also said that I had to give birth to Horus. They posed as Barack Obama who looks like the Monotheistic Pharoah Ahkenaten and tried to say I should work with him... Okay, I'm sure that by now I sound completely crazy, but you wanted to know what they have been saying and I am trying to tell you in as few words as possible.

But I'll stop here as I see that no one here believes the Scriptures and I am running into a dead end. Forgive me if this all sounds like mumbo-jumbo but I may need the help of someone in the Abrahamic faith.

Brother Mishael

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:27 am

Brother Mishael wrote:
gillyflower wrote:It would be interesting to find out if the OP is Christian or raised Christian and what denomination because I think that it clearly influences him/her. I don't think that any of the mainstream Christian denominations call Satan ha satan, besides. It sounds sort of like a poorly understood rendition of what they (the denomination) thinks the Jews called the attorney. I expect that All those demons and the concept of all evil and all good gods is strictly a Christian viewpoint of the world, I believe. Maybe Muslim too?

Hello gillyflower! I am not Christian. I am Messianic and I do not believe there is much more depth to go into on what I call "the adversary" as his many faces render many names to call him. But I take it you accept the confusing nature of Jewish powers that teach satan has many meanings like slanderer, opposer, accuser and so on. But the Scriptures are complicated enough without the genius of religious philosophies. So to keep it simple ha= the & satan= adversary.

But more importantly, what makes you so sure that there is no knowledge of good and (both) evil within spiritual beings known by the Abrahamic faiths?

Are you talking Messianic Jew? Because that might be your problem right there. If you accept Jesus as the Messiah then you are Christian and you are trying to mix up two different religions that don't go together. That might be the basis of your confusion.

I didn't say knowledge did I? I said that Christians believe that their gods are either all good or all evil. They don't believe their gods are a mix of good and evil, as man is and as the members of other pantheons are. They tend to fear their gods for that reason.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:12 am

Brother Mishael wrote:
sacrificialgoddess wrote:It's probably just me, but I don't see worshiping Satan as turning FROM any particular god, exactly, but more like turning to a different god. But as I said, that is probably just me.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me! This commandment means that turning to a different "god" is the sin of idolatry no matter which way you look at it. It's not okay! Ha satan's main agenda is to rise above the Most High to show that he (ha satan) is the Most High there is no middle ground or technicality.

You realize you are chatting with a bunch of polytheists, don't you?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:50 am

Bit of clarification...not everyone is polytheist... but we are all NOT open to yammering and preaching.
The Commandments ONLY apply to those who choose to believe that way. Frankly, anyone who tries to say "I'm a Christ believing/following Jew" is a person who strikes me as too confused to tell me anything. You're either Christian or you're Jewish. You can't be both.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:16 am

agree
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Sorry i wasn't clear. I am typing on my phone, and its not the easiest thing. It keeps trying to correct my word usage, too. Stupid autocorrect! Anyway I only meant I was offering my perspective as a polytheist, and so using the Bible to prove me wrong isn't the best tactic. And there are enough polytheists here that I am not alone.

This post probably didn't clarify that much, did it?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:24 pm

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not the one you are talking to.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Mostly, I'm babbling.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen[smile].
Thank you for that explanation, Brother Mishael. I am curious though,.........if you already believe that most of us do not take The Scriptures as seriously as you, believe that some of those who have replied back to you are Pagans[and I definitely am], and also feel strongly about the dangers of idolatry and worry about being led astray from God,......then.....why have you decided to come HERE to US for help with this problem? Is it to gain new insight from a fresh and unique source? It just seems like many people of your faith would be more inclined to seek advice within a forum filled with more people of your chosen Faith[not that I don't like having you here, of course. It is my belief that there is much more to be gained in life interacting within a more socially diverse environment. Perhaps that is why you have joined the forum yourself?].

All in all, I must say that these spirit voices sound...rather boring/silly and uncreative in their demands. If I were in your position, why, I'd be pestering the heck out of them with a never-ending barrage of questions about Satan, God, Heaven, Hell, explaining weird passages within The Bible, other Deities, morals and ethics, etc.etc.
I would be interrogating their spiritual ears off and writing it all down, because even if it was all lies it would still be interesting to hear what kind of crap they came up with. Cool

Southern Hick

Location : Originally the Florida Everglades, but now, the swamplands near Inverness, Citrus County Fl..

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:26 pm

I would be asking for winning lottery numbers. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Yeah, that would help cut to the chase in deciding whether or not to believe anything else that they had to say, eh?
And then you could rub their noses in it by donating a lot of your winnings to charities and Missions. Razz

Southern Hick

Location : Originally the Florida Everglades, but now, the swamplands near Inverness, Citrus County Fl..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:57 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Mostly, I'm babbling.

Is'nt that normal for you. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:03 pm

You know me so well.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:29 pm

As one who turned away from not only Christianity in 2000, but also from all forms of organized Religion. I think most here know that the one thing that foremost in my decision was after reading the Bible with a open mind instead what I was taught & told to believe. And many here know that I was a Lay Youth Minister in two different Denominations as well as a Second Grade Sunday School Teacher. I was also trained to help in the Communion Service. So to those (not any who are on this site here) I was not a True believer then what would constititute a true beiever. By the number of Youths I led to belief in Jesus, by the number of different duties I held while I was Christian ?.

Now, after my reading of the Bible I had personally came to feel & believe that the God of the Bible was a evil, bloodthirsty, genocidle, pysopath. Who would murder at the slightest whim. Like the Fllod, like the genocide he ordered the Israelite Army to do the inhabitants of Canaan but also to save those women who had never known a man & give them tohis troops for their use, like the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah. And he had no qualm about Lot offering up his virgin daughters. Like punishing Mose's for the Israelites buing a Golden Calf to worship while he was on the Mountain top receing instrutions from God. Ehile mases was up there he had no control of what the Israelites were doing. Nay, I could no longer believe nor follow this God. And if Christianity was this alledged Religion of love, then why did they for almost most of their existance use violence & murder to make people believe. Why did they persecute those who didn't believe in their God.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:40 pm

BTW. If you think the above rant/post was bad, then you wouldn't want to hear what I could/can say about the Religion of Morminism. From being a former member of the Mormon Priesthood. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick on Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Good evening ladies and gentlemen[smile].
Ranting or not, I enjoy belonging to a forum where a person such as yourself can feel free to openly speak his mind on such matters. Smile
Within too many religious/spiritual-based forums I've had to grow accustomed to "walking upon eggshells" when posting, and I am glad to have no need to continue the practice here.

Southern Hick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Hick. who you calling a gentleman. not me i hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:33 pm

You can tell yourself that it's because I don't really know you that well yet[grin,wink,wink,].
You're probably just being too hard upon yourself.

Southern Hick

Back to top Go down

Post by LeahOne on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 am

Gee, too bad I missed this by not being here for way too long!

BTW, folks - you've done a good job of representing Judaism for our new member, and I much appreciate that! Not sure I could do as well by each of you, but I hope you know I'd try....

I do not believe in 'spirits' myself: I have removed myself from that plane altogether because I'd just rather NOT deal with it. OK, I *do* sometimes visit with my dearly departed in dreams, but that's different.....

However, IFF I did accept the existence of 'spirits' - the most powerful in my belief is the ONE I worship, YHVH. So when 'something' started to tempt me, I would be reminding myself that being His beloved child is more than 'special' enough, and that nothing else could mean as much to me as His love. What is Osiris, after all, but one of the many gods of Egypt - ones He vanquished when He redeemed us from slavery! And has He not told us "Sin crouches at the door, but you can overcome it?"

Think about it - the Creator of all else that is, and He wants to love you and care for you. And all He asks of you, is to love Him by doing what's right in this world......

NB: Of course my friends will understand I'm not proselytizing to anyone, just talking about how I see things for myself.

LeahOne

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Southern Hick wrote:Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen[smile].
Thank you for that explanation, Brother Mishael. I am curious though,.........if you already believe that most of us do not take The Scriptures as seriously as you,

On this point, I would venture to say that NONE of us, (Christian, Pagan, nonreligious) takes the scriptures are seriously as Mishael.

I view many of the IDEAS in the bible as good things to follow... Scriptures, not so much. It's WAAAYYY too contradictory for anyone to take it as the be all and end all of rules.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Good evening[smile].
Perhaps. I am patiently waiting for him to return and enlighten us. Group Hug

Southern Hick

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Southern Hick wrote:Good evening[smile].
Perhaps. I am patiently waiting for him to return and enlighten us. Group Hug

Good luck with that! LOL I seriously doubt there is any "enlightening" in our future from him OR Barbara.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Goooooooooood evening[smile]!
Perhaps[Simple amusement then?]. Time will tell.

Southern Hick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:08 pm

LeahOne wrote:Gee, too bad I missed this by not being here for way too long!

BTW, folks - you've done a good job of representing Judaism for our new member, and I much appreciate that! Not sure I could do as well by each of you, but I hope you know I'd try....

I do not believe in 'spirits' myself: I have removed myself from that plane altogether because I'd just rather NOT deal with it. OK, I *do* sometimes visit with my dearly departed in dreams, but that's different.....

However, IFF I did accept the existence of 'spirits' - the most powerful in my belief is the ONE I worship, YHVH. So when 'something' started to tempt me, I would be reminding myself that being His beloved child is more than 'special' enough, and that nothing else could mean as much to me as His love. What is Osiris, after all, but one of the many gods of Egypt - ones He vanquished when He redeemed us from slavery! And has He not told us "Sin crouches at the door, but you can overco

Think about it - the Creator of all else that is, and He wants to love you and care for you. And all He asks of you, is to love Him by doing what's right in this world......

NB: Of course my friends will understand I'm not proselytizing to anyone, just talking about how I see things for myself.

I just wanted to say Hello Leah. It's very good to seeing you here my Lady. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Mishael on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:14 pm

tmarie64 wrote:Bit of clarification...not everyone is polytheist... but we are all NOT open to yammering and preaching.
The Commandments ONLY apply to those who choose to believe that way. Frankly, anyone who tries to say "I'm a Christ believing/following Jew" is a person who strikes me as too confused to tell me anything. You're either Christian or you're Jewish. You can't be both.

This statement makes for a very interesting debate, but I see that the required level of Scriptural understanding is not even enough for it to be a worthwhile fight. However, for clarity any man or woman who believes in the Torah is only confused when he or she does not believe in the walking Torah also which is Yahoshua Messiah.

Brother Mishael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top