GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:02 pm

I don't think he's gone...Is he? I can deal with trolling, but whining when someone bites back...that's not something I will tolerate. You don't get to be disrespectful and condescending and then expect everyone to treat you with reverence.
My mother would climb out of her grave and kick my ass if I did not treat disrespectful, condescending "people" with anything less than the derision they deserve.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:11 pm

tmarie64 wrote:Diminishing Insanity... First, Let me say, everyone here will tell you I'm NOT the "nice" person in this place. Frankly, "head bitch" would be not far from the truth. I have exercised restraint because is seemed that the others were enjoying the discussion.

That being said... So far you have not shown yourself to be anything BUT a troll. You say the SAME things over and over. Re. the complaint about picking on your "religion"... Well, that's just too silly for me to waste my time with...

No..wait... YOU don't show any respect for OUR beliefs. You insist that we are all wrong/not at peace/unhappy...what EVER the hell you're saying and you have the audacity to report someone for the term "crackpot" religion???

Honeychild...you better grow some stones, cuz if I keep getting reports because your panties are in a knot about someone disagreeing with you, I will kick your butt O-U-T. I work full time and have neither the time nor the energy for someone who wants to start a conversation designed to piss people off that complains when people retaliate.

Other managers... Please, if you feel I've stepped out of bounds, delete this. I just HAD to say this, though, because I got a "Poster reported posts" complaint and just could not ignore it.

scratch I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that THIS is pissed off. Suspect Now for my part, SG, I'm anything but pissed off. I'm just from the south. I can tell bull from bull shyte, and know the difference between billy goats and trolls. Not having that filter between my brain and my mouth, I just calls 'em like I sees 'em. Sorry if folks thought I was pissed... Really I wasn't! But TMarie on the other hand seems a might put out. Stir Shuffle
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:48 pm

I never thought you were pissed John Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:04 pm

I didn't either. Actually, I like discussions and I'm grateful he got us all going. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:06 pm

I quite enjoyed, it was fascinating, and I was here with some of my favourite people in the world. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Just stirring the pot, Kids.. Pay no mind to it.

Was mostly wanting to get some sort of reaction out of TMarie..... Evil Grin
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:13 pm

Oh, I knew you were pissed. I knew you were merely toying with him like a cat with a rat.
I just said he meant to piss people off. Yeah, I got put out when he whined about your posts. I mean, if you're gonna crap on someone's ideas and comments, you need to be man enough to deal with the crap from others.
Honestly, I didn't really read the thread. I just got pissy at the tattle tale. LOL

Meant to say "WEREN'T pissed"... Major typo. LOL

Last edited by tmarie64 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:44 pm

LMAO! Honest, Tee! I was about to have some fun with this guy. Angel When I get pissed, post get removed!!!! And this Computer Problem happens......
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Well, you didn't cross the line, but you seemed VERY aware of where the line fell. Smile

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:04 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Well, you didn't cross the line, but you seemed VERY aware of where the line fell. Smile

Still not convinced huh...... Suspect OK, let's put it like this; I just looked up his dogma and handed it back to him... And while I was at it, I called him out on his mission (you know I never learned how to be subtle). He had every opportunity to respond and refute. He didn't, and when he tucked and ran, that kinda upset me.... I've sparred with better.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:00 am

Oh, I am completely convinced you weren't pissed. But you were taunting him. Just a little. Wink

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:05 am

There is John mocking anger to get a rise out of someone.

And then there is John really pissed off about something.

I've seen John pissed. That wasn't it.

I don't think you can piss John of by talking about theistic matters anymore.

There are still a few buttons there though, but out of respect, I won't push em.....

Wink
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:38 am

All's right. Haven't you noticed that, at least for us, politics isn't a conversation piece anymore, Goddess? Yes I baited Diminished. I was hoping he'd open up some and debate his points. Like a cat with a mouse? Well, he did have a picture of the pet detective (Ace Ventura, aka Jim Carey) for his icon, so he should have been able to cope. Speaking of taunting..... did it pass anyone's attention that his sole intent was to goad All? I just poked him back and he tucked tail and then tattled that we weren't wanting to sit at his feet and absorb. I look at it as though he tested the waters and found it a little to warm for his liking.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:46 am

Very Happy

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:53 am

I see a correlation between showing him the first real obstacle to his reasoning, and him leaving. If he has left that is. It might just be the weekend.

Our "favorite" discussion topic is heating up again, John.... Do you think we can both do it civilly without the craziness of last time, or should we just let it be?
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:58 am

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:I see a correlation between showing him the first real obstacle to his reasoning, and him leaving. If he has left that is. It might just be the weekend.

Our "favorite" discussion topic is heating up again, John.... Do you think we can both do it civilly without the craziness of last time, or should we just let it be?

I ain't talking politics with you, All. I don't take other people's religions seriously. I have a "live and let live" attitude where that's concerned. But I have a vested interest in what's good politics and what ain't. You and I are polar opposites, and in all other respects, I like you too much to want to piss either one of us off. I'll pass, thank you. If I happen to see some topic come up that even nearly resembles politics, I'll just quietly slip out the back door.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:03 am

Ok, I was just thinking that although it is heated, it is a matter that is obviously of interest to both of us, and since we are polar opposites, and yet intelligent, well spoken individuals who have thought about our positions at great length and don't just accept the words of talking heads on either side, it might behoove us to try to see the others point.

I'll keep my mouth shut though.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:18 am

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Ok, I was just thinking that although it is heated, it is a matter that is obviously of interest to both of us, and since we are polar opposites, and yet intelligent, well spoken individuals who have thought about our positions at great length and don't just accept the words of talking heads on either side, it might behoove us to try to see the others point.

I'll keep my mouth shut though.

Just following my horoscope today, All. It says don't engage in conversations where you might say something you can't take back when you calm down. Sounds like good advice.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:24 am

Ya know I don't bear any animosity towards you right?

I was thinking of having strict self imposed rules on a discussion of it, something like, I limit myself to one post a day, and I don't get to post a reply on the same day I read yours, with a strong suggestion that you do the same?

I know I've gotten used to posting almost as I read, and I sometimes say things that are more emotional than rational when it is a heated topic.

In any case, we'd have to agree to "rules" or I wouldn't want to get involved in any case.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Never talk politics with people you love, that have a different view. It can end poorly. Religion is fun though. I am not sure why? Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Sue Norton lives in Arkansas City, Kansas. She received terrible news during a phone call from her brother in January 1990. Her much beloved, Daddy, Richard Denny and his wife Virginia were found murdered in their home. Sue’s Daddy was shot to death in his isolated Oklahoma farmhouse. The crime netted the killer $17.00 and an old truck.

Sue says she felt "numb". She couldn’t understand why someone would want to hurt people who were old and poor.

The loss of her Daddy just broke her heart.

Sue sat through the trial of Robert Knighton (B.K.). She was confused about how she should feel. She tells me that everyone in the courtroom was consumed with hate. They all expected her to feel the same way. But she couldn’t hate the way they did because she says, "it didn’t feel good."

The last night of the trial she knew there must be another way. She couldn’t eat or sleep that night and prayed to God to help her. When morning came, she had this thought. "Sue, you don’t have to hate B.K., you could forgive him".

The next day, while the jury was out for deliberation, Sue got permission to visit B.K. through the bars of his holding cell. Sue relates, "I was really frightened. This was my first experience in a jail. B.K. was big and tall, he was shackled and had cold steely eyes." At first B.K. refused to look at Sue. She asked him to turn around and he answered, "why would any one want to talk to me after what I have done?" Sue replied, "I don’t know what to say to you. But I want you to know that I don’t hate you. My grandmother always taught me not to use the word hate. She taught me that we are here to love one another. If you are guilty, I forgive you.

B.K. thought Sue was just playing games. He couldn’t understand how she could forgive him for such a terrible crime. Sue says, "I didn’t think of him as killer, I thought of him as a human being.

People thought that Sue had lost her mind. Friends would step to the other side of the road to avoid her. But Sue says, "There is no way to heal and get over the trauma without forgiveness. You must forgive and forget and get on with your life. That is what Jesus would do.

B.K. resides on death row in Oklahoma. Sue often writes to him and visits occasionally. She feels that B.K. should never leave prison, but she does not want him executed. She has become friends with B.K. and because of her love and friendship he has become a devout Christian.

Sue states that some good has come out of her Daddy’s death.

"I have been able to witness to many people about Jesus and forgiveness and helped others to heal. I have brought B.K. and many other men on death row to our Lord Jesus Christ. I live in peace with my Lord!"

Sue Norton is a member of Murder Victims Families for Reconciliation and the Kansas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty. Sue has traveled extensively to speak to schools, churches and community groups about forgiveness and Christianity.

Sue gave an eloquent speech to the parole board pleading to save B.K.'s life. Many of the parole board members were in tears but voted for death. B.K. was executed by the state of Oklahoma on May 27, 2003. Bud Welch from Oklahoma City and Aba Gayle from Oregon were both there to support BK and Sue with their loving energy.

Diminished. I take exception with the above that you posted. Why?
1. In 2003 my sister, in Tucson, was murdered. She was taken from her home out into the desert & then shot excution style with a shotgun. And the Killer was none other than our Baby Brother. Btw, he finally confessed to the act in 2009. Since they didn't have enough evidence to charge him with they sent him back to Texas for violating his parole. They put him in a halfway house. Three months later he jumped & ran back to Tucson. Which is exactly what I warned Texas about that he would do. It's what he's done everytime he's been put on parole. I told the authorities in Tucson to be on the lookout for him. They eventually caught him & once again sent him back to Texas. This time Texas did put him back into prison. Only to grant him parole two years later. Now for the last six years ( in 2009 ) I had been working to try & keep him in prison & serve the rest of his life sentence. Well they didn't listen. And within four months he ran again, back to Tucson. This time two innocent people paid the price with their lives. And not only that but he also tried to burn their bodies in a firepit. He is facing the DEATH PENALTY for these murders & desecration of their bodies. This man & his wife were only guilty of being good Christians trying to help my brother. And btw. He's also told me & a brother in Phoenix that we too are on his list of people along with our wives & children to be killed. THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO EVIL & DESERVE TO BE PUT TO DEATH. Lastly I will never forgive Michael for all the evil he did. And if anybody thinks his life should be saved I have only one thing to say to them. TAKE HIM IN & LET HIM LIVE WITH YOU. SHOW THE COURAGE OF YOUR CONVICTIONS. My wife & I once tried to help him in 1978 by opening our home to him. NEVER AGAIN.

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:30 pm

What topic is that?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:26 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Ya know I don't bear any animosity towards you right?
Nor I you, and would prefer to keep it that way.

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:I was thinking of having strict self imposed rules on a discussion of it, something like, I limit myself to one post a day, and I don't get to post a reply on the same day I read yours, with a strong suggestion that you do the same?

Sad You just ain't gonna let this thing go, are you. Beer Alright.... we'll give it a shot. It goes against all of my better judgement, but let's see what happens.

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:I know I've gotten used to posting almost as I read, and I sometimes say things that are more emotional than rational when it is a heated topic.

I share that same problem.... that's why I opted to stay away from it.

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:In any case, we'd have to agree to "rules" or I wouldn't want to get involved in any case.

Find a spot on the politics board and stake a claim. We'll see what happens.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:48 pm

I will post the name of the book later. There is an article on CNN about survivors. Of mass murdes. Apparently the people who don't forgive are much better off than ones who do. I mean that their lives are better.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:50 pm

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum