GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post by john5180 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Some people live in fear and anxiety due to their surroundings. I would consider anyone living in a war zone having fear and anxiety to be completely normal. I would consider someone with a family and has been out of work, worrying about where the family's next meal would come from, or how the rent would be paid normal as well. People with phobia's that prevent them from leaving their homes or touching another person due to fear of contracting some disease, now that's irrational. A person concerned over how another person acts in public while advertizing their religious beliefs which are contrary to how the religion actually teaches is cause for discussion, but in no way could be considered as lacking peace.

Anyone who is totally free of anger is spiritually dead in my opinion. Your boy Jesus expressed anger on many occasions where he observed social injustice. Are you suggesting that as a result, he had no peace? The anxiety displayed during his last free hours before being apprehended, he is said to have sweated blood during his prayers asking that the cup presented before him be removed. Should he have first taken this crack pot course you're touting to us now?

You're a troll. And the only service you're providing is to pass on poppycock information to people who clearly don't need this or believe in it...... Shoo fly!
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by DiminishingInsanity on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:39 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Tell you what. You have a relative murdered and then follow that up with a miscarriage and tell me that anger and fear are negative emotions rather than healthy ways to heal. Then you will be in a position to talk.
They certainly are negative emotions. Why heal if they are not? The purpose of healing is to feel better and regain peace of mind. You don't regain peace of mind unless you have lost it. If you think that anger and fear are healthy then never heal. I see them as nothing more than stepping stones. The choice is yours.

I never said it is easy. Those who go through such events often feel that way. Yes, it's part of the process, yes it helps to heal, but again the healing is simply the restoration of peace of mind.

Example:

Sue Norton lives in Arkansas City, Kansas. She received terrible news during a phone call from her brother in January 1990. Her much beloved, Daddy, Richard Denny and his wife Virginia were found murdered in their home. Sue’s Daddy was shot to death in his isolated Oklahoma farmhouse. The crime netted the killer $17.00 and an old truck.

Sue says she felt "numb". She couldn’t understand why someone would want to hurt people who were old and poor.

The loss of her Daddy just broke her heart.

Sue sat through the trial of Robert Knighton (B.K.). She was confused about how she should feel. She tells me that everyone in the courtroom was consumed with hate. They all expected her to feel the same way. But she couldn’t hate the way they did because she says, "it didn’t feel good."

The last night of the trial she knew there must be another way. She couldn’t eat or sleep that night and prayed to God to help her. When morning came, she had this thought. "Sue, you don’t have to hate B.K., you could forgive him".

The next day, while the jury was out for deliberation, Sue got permission to visit B.K. through the bars of his holding cell. Sue relates, "I was really frightened. This was my first experience in a jail. B.K. was big and tall, he was shackled and had cold steely eyes." At first B.K. refused to look at Sue. She asked him to turn around and he answered, "why would any one want to talk to me after what I have done?" Sue replied, "I don’t know what to say to you. But I want you to know that I don’t hate you. My grandmother always taught me not to use the word hate. She taught me that we are here to love one another. If you are guilty, I forgive you.

B.K. thought Sue was just playing games. He couldn’t understand how she could forgive him for such a terrible crime. Sue says, "I didn’t think of him as killer, I thought of him as a human being.

People thought that Sue had lost her mind. Friends would step to the other side of the road to avoid her. But Sue says, "There is no way to heal and get over the trauma without forgiveness. You must forgive and forget and get on with your life. That is what Jesus would do.

B.K. resides on death row in Oklahoma. Sue often writes to him and visits occasionally. She feels that B.K. should never leave prison, but she does not want him executed. She has become friends with B.K. and because of her love and friendship he has become a devout Christian.

Sue states that some good has come out of her Daddy’s death.

"I have been able to witness to many people about Jesus and forgiveness and helped others to heal. I have brought B.K. and many other men on death row to our Lord Jesus Christ. I live in peace with my Lord!"

Sue Norton is a member of Murder Victims Families for Reconciliation and the Kansas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty. Sue has traveled extensively to speak to schools, churches and community groups about forgiveness and Christianity.

Sue gave an eloquent speech to the parole board pleading to save B.K.'s life. Many of the parole board members were in tears but voted for death. B.K. was executed by the state of Oklahoma on May 27, 2003. Bud Welch from Oklahoma City and Aba Gayle from Oregon were both there to support BK and Sue with their loving energy.

There are many such true forgiveness stories.
DiminishingInsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by DiminishingInsanity on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:41 pm

warlordofks wrote:Diminishing Insanity. As All has said you really should look at the faith group listing underneath our Avatars, I know that it is hard for some Christians ( not all Christians ) to accept that your religion is not our religion or beliefs. I should know as I once was a Christian for 55 years & then turned away & have rejected the Christian Religion ever since.

I to have rejected Christianity.
DiminishingInsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:43 pm

DiminishingInsanity wrote:It is my contention that those who experience negative emotions such as anger, fear, etc. have not found peace of mind ... at least not consistently. I've given the textbook definition to support this. You are of course free to disagree.

First you are entitled to your opinion, but that does not make your opinion correct. Perhaps for yourself those opinions are but not for others. You are pretending you understand other people and you do not.

You are also misusing the word negative. Negative is not always a bad thing. A negative diagnosis for a disease is a good thing. Negative in many other things are also good things.

I try to never use the words negative or positive, they are misleading.

You do not understand the people here at all.

For myself, I strive for balance. You can not have balance if you eliminate half the scale

Last edited by MaineCaptain on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:45 pm

DiminishingInsanity wrote:
They certainly are negative emotions. Why heal if they are not? The purpose of healing is to feel better and regain peace of mind. You don't regain peace of mind unless you have lost it. If you think that anger and fear are healthy then never heal. I see them as nothing more than stepping stones. The choice is yours.

Who are you to say I whether I have healed or not? There are many ways to healing, forgiveness is only one. And I don't forgive anyone doesn't realize they have done something wrong and taken steps to make it right.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DiminishingInsanity on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:48 pm

john5180, I love you but your posts are inappropriate. You know nothing of ACIM.

Last edited by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : You ain't a mod. Kindly refrain from speaking as one.)
DiminishingInsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by DiminishingInsanity on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:53 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Who are you to say I whether I have healed or not?
I have made no such claims.

sacrificialgoddess wrote:There are many ways to healing, forgiveness is only one.
True, I would argue that it is a essential part of any method, but ... well never mind.

sacrificialgoddess wrote:And I don't forgive anyone doesn't realize they have done something wrong and taken steps to make it right.
Again that is your choice. To hold a grudge is anger. Anger defeats peace of mind according to the definition I cited from Wiki. If you see it differently that's fine to. I do not wish to arouse your anger Very Happy
DiminishingInsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:54 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Who are you to say I whether I have healed or not?
I have made no such claims.

sacrificialgoddess wrote:There are many ways to healing, forgiveness is only one.
True, I would argue that it is a essential part of any method, but ... well never mind.

sacrificialgoddess wrote:And I don't forgive anyone doesn't realize they have done something wrong and taken steps to make it right.
Again that is your choice. To hold a grudge is anger. Anger defeats peace of mind according to the definition I cited from Wiki. If you see it differently that's fine to. I do not wish to arouse your anger Very Happy
I never said I held a grudge. Hell, I never said I was still angry. I just said I don't forgive. Learn the difference.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DiminishingInsanity on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Hmmm, well, I see I've managed to piss a lot of people off simply by suggesting that they shouldn't be pissed off. People are entitled to feel however they choose. In any case, since I seem to be having the opposite effect of my intended purpose I'll excuse myself from this discussion. I thank you all for your different points of view.

Much love and light. see ya.

Last edited by DiminishingInsanity on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
DiminishingInsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:58 pm

A discussion seems to be quite challenging Very Happy

We don't grow by doing the things that are easy over and over again.

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Why do you think that is?
They give in to their emotions.

Why do you think they give in to their emotions?

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:I concur that majority of people let outside sources control how they feel and think constantly. How do you feel you should correct this problem?
It's not my problem to correct. I offer help when I can. The choice remains theirs.

You misunderstand sir. I do not ask how you think they should correct their problem, but how you think the problem should be corrected.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:59 pm

DiminishingInsanity wrote:Hmmm, well, I see I've managed to piss a lot of people off simply by suggesting that they shouldn't be pissed off. People are entitled to feel however they choose. In any case, since I seem to be having the opposite of my intended purpose I'll excuse myself from this discussion. I thank you all for your different points of view.

You are reading into our words. No one here is pissed off. Well, maybe John. But the rest of us here are just correcting your misconceptions. You are here, teaching grandma to suck eggs. And doing it wrong.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:02 pm

DiminishingInsanity wrote:Hmmm, well, I see I've managed to piss a lot of people off simply by suggesting that they shouldn't be pissed off. People are entitled to feel however they choose. In any case, since I seem to be having the opposite effect of my intended purpose I'll excuse myself from this discussion. I thank you all for your different points of view.

I have the fortune to have seen both SG and John pissed off. You have not pissed them off. You have tired them. You have become a broken record and boring.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:04 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:
DiminishingInsanity wrote:Hmmm, well, I see I've managed to piss a lot of people off simply by suggesting that they shouldn't be pissed off. People are entitled to feel however they choose. In any case, since I seem to be having the opposite effect of my intended purpose I'll excuse myself from this discussion. I thank you all for your different points of view.

I have the fortune to have seen both SG and John pissed off. You have not pissed them off. You have tired them. You have become a broken record and boring.

Scary, ain't I? LMAO!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:29 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:
allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:

Scary, ain't I? LMAO!

Let's just say it's not a place I want to go to again.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Was your intention to piss people off? For if it was you have failed. Disagreement is not being pissed off

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Diminishing Insanity... First, Let me say, everyone here will tell you I'm NOT the "nice" person in this place. Frankly, "head bitch" would be not far from the truth. I have exercised restraint because is seemed that the others were enjoying the discussion.

That being said... So far you have not shown yourself to be anything BUT a troll. You say the SAME things over and over. Re. the complaint about picking on your "religion"... Well, that's just too silly for me to waste my time with...

No..wait... YOU don't show any respect for OUR beliefs. You insist that we are all wrong/not at peace/unhappy...what EVER the hell you're saying and you have the audacity to report someone for the term "crackpot" religion???

Honeychild...you better grow some stones, cuz if I keep getting reports because your panties are in a knot about someone disagreeing with you, I will kick your butt O-U-T. I work full time and have neither the time nor the energy for someone who wants to start a conversation designed to piss people off that complains when people retaliate.

Other managers... Please, if you feel I've stepped out of bounds, delete this. I just HAD to say this, though, because I got a "Poster reported posts" complaint and just could not ignore it.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 pm

tmarie64 wrote:Diminishing Insanity... First, Let me say, everyone here will tell you I'm NOT the "nice" person in this place. Frankly, "head bitch" would be not far from the truth. I have exercised restraint because is seemed that the others were enjoying the discussion.

That being said... So far you have not shown yourself to be anything BUT a troll. You say the SAME things over and over. Re. the complaint about picking on your "religion"... Well, that's just too silly for me to waste my time with...

No..wait... YOU don't show any respect for OUR beliefs. You insist that we are all wrong/not at peace/unhappy...what EVER the hell you're saying and you have the audacity to report someone for the term "crackpot" religion???

Honeychild...you better grow some stones, cuz if I keep getting reports because your panties are in a knot about someone disagreeing with you, I will kick your butt O-U-T. I work full time and have neither the time nor the energy for someone who wants to start a conversation designed to piss people off that complains when people retaliate.

Other managers... Please, if you feel I've stepped out of bounds, delete this. I just HAD to say this, though, because I got a "Poster reported posts" complaint and just could not ignore it.

I handled it, love. And yes, you are the head bitch, and the rest of us aspire to be as bitchy as you. *cheeky grin*

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:13 pm

I am with SG....Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Aw, I was having fun. It was kinda the feeling that a cat must get when it plays with mice, made even more fun because DI didn't yet know he was being toyed with.

Tmarie my be head bitch, but come on, I'm the bear!
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:48 pm

It was fun. Razz

However DI never understood what the topic was actually about

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Yeah. It would have gotten old, probably tommorrow.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:15 pm

I think he thought he came here to teach us something. Too bad he didn't bother to learn who he was talking to before presenting himself as the wise guru.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Oh, darn, I had to be a work for the fun part. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Why do people always want to teach 'n preach rather than discuss?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:42 pm

gillyflower wrote:Why do people always want to teach 'n preach rather than discuss?
Wish I knew

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum