Summertime's Abundance!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summertime's Abundance!

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Sitting here inside wondering if I should venture outside again. After all this past week of sweltering heat, ran us into the house w cool drinks & AC! LOL! Thought I'd take a break from the games, & that goofy Facebook, social circle chatter. Well? Here I sit.
Hmm, last night as John & I were sitting outside in the back under our lil gazebo sipping cool drinks, we were chatting bout our family, friends, yard work along w other random topics. When I thought to myself: (Hm, this IS Summer, the long, hot, days of Summer. Where is fall, when you need it? This is the beginning of July! Only 2 more months left for this Season. Hell, it just started! Yep yep yep. The grass that was destroyed by 2 large dogs is growing back, greener & thicker...maybe by the end of summer, all the dirt patches will be filled in! The little devits of holes that I find, still filling them in where the dogs dug! (Slight sigh) I looked over toward the fig tree, its making figs but it did so much better last year. Could it be the heat? We've had rain! Good, rains, too! The bird feeders are full of cardinals, blue birds, doves, sparrows, the squirrels are becoming more hap hazard with the spilling of the bird seed! LOL...They would make a great jambalya! LOL! How bout those flowering Canons? The occasional hummingbird, flies over to inspect the nectar. (Bored sigh) The Season of Abundance! Abundance of what? We didn't plant a garden this year. The trees (fig/pecans) aren't really producing. Abundance of what? Happiness? No, scratch that. Just bored. Oh, oh, how bout HEALTH? Yep, well I have come a long way there. But when I over due it...the pain comes back, I get little twinges, & oh never mind, too much trouble to think about. Who wants to talk about aches & pains? So negative. Remind me to start that walking program, when it gets cooler. Abundance? Abundance of? What? $$$? No, no, no...Stay focused get out of the mundane. How bout....Spirituality? Oh no...don't get me started laughing! This year, this Season in Time of Dee, I'm just not feeling it! I have to be retrained, re read, re discover. Infact maybe I have some type of abundance. What is it? Lots of, lots of time? Abundance of time to enjoy the Season of Summer in all its glory! After all, the flowers, trees, & yep the fur babies, are just enjoying the moment that they are in. Why not I?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Re: Summertime's Abundance!

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Geeze Dee.

Isn't being bored nice?

Doesn't the heat make you appreciate the cool more?

Buck up.

Let me tell ya about my Siberian Husky pup and this triple digit heat. It's funny to watch. She loves the out doors, and wants to go outside. But, she's got no heat tolerance. She paws at the door, and howls, but takes three steps outside, and wants to head back in. Then, fifteen minutes later, forgets how hot it was, and wants to go out again!
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Poor puppy. I feel for her.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:56 pm

I do too.

It's kinda like trying to do things outside while wearing a wool sweater and snow pants.

Makes house training difficult.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Well, um, er, Bear? That whole soul wrenching self discovery of Summer AND abundance...& you say? You say? Bored is nice? Oh Bear, your just intolerable in Summer aren't you? No, no, no....bored is NOT nice! Being non productive is NOT nice! !
Over 100 degrees outside, walking into a AC'd house set at 76degrees is like walking into a freezer, trust me! To your question, yes & no. I was just having a pity me, moment...w the heat, the season, & the place of it all!....Yep yep yep...I'm bored outta my mind! Oh bear, I love your take on things! Your great! You make me smile!
Maybe bear, you & pup should take a short walk together w H2O in hand to the local water hole (park? fountain? stream? Creek? & toss yourselves in? In fact, dear bear...I have a toddler pool here that I can give ya for the Summer heat? You poor poor dear! And your not helping pup, by not being a constant companion! YOU should go out as often as pup does! LOL! John's German/Mexican pup has the sense to come inside & shiver, until she snuggles under a "throw"! LOL! She's hot over 100 degrees & shivers at 76! And NO, I'm not setting the AC on 80 for her comfort!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:06 pm

((((((((((Dee)))))))))))))))))

Actually, we're looking for a hard plastic wading pool. Seems all the ones around here are little inflatable jobbies that she would deflate in about 0.003 seconds.

I like walking into freezers too. Smile
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:13 pm

Egads Bear! Really? Blow ups? No, no, no...NOT the adult stores (Your looking @ the wrong stores) LOL! Go to Dollar General, Family Dollar? They have the baby wadding pools? We still have em down here!

Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Oooo

Good call.

I'll have to try them tonight, or tomorrow.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:29 pm

I do know that both stores are open tomorrow...hint hint, July 4th! Also, hey Bear!!!...Sprinkler? Either a rotating or a the fan out method!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Willowcreek70633 wrote:I do know that both stores are open tomorrow...hint hint, July 4th! Also, hey Bear!!!...Sprinkler? Either a rotating or a the fan out method!

She loves sprinklers.

I don't like to run them for too long though.

I figure a wading pool I can add water too, and even ice chunks. Then I can sit in a chair, and she can just splash and have a great old time.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Yes, the sprinkler works well with one of my dogs and last year I used a little wading pool BUT before that when I had a visiting big dog I just drug out a plastic storage container and put water in it. I have one with not so high sides.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:57 pm

She's still little. Ish
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:10 pm

Only put a little water in. and some floaty toys. Smile or throw the ball - does she fetch? - through the sprinkler. Mine loves that.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:11 pm

She just learned fetch, actually.

She attacks sprinklers. She's ferocious....
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:13 pm

How old is this Siberian Husky pup?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:14 pm

She will be 13 weeks tomorrow.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:23 pm

Aw, she's a baby! How bout bath time, play?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:10 pm

My wife doesn't want the mess in the house.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:51 pm

(Sigh) Always an excuse or something... Must you blame the women? Those wives are somethin...aren't they? Well? Silly, clean up after yourself & the pup...toss the wife a tid bit of something....back rub? Dinner? C'mon man, buck up! LOL!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:00 pm

SHe is a baby. You definitely need a baby wading pool, she will be so happy.

Funny, my dog a Lhasa Apso he can't stand being wet. He has to be desperate before he will consider it. Even as a puppy. Put him in the tub and he screams like you were killing him.......that is before you touch him.

He was a gift, by the way. But he has been a good companion over his nearly 13 years. So not too many complaints.
Although he is very picky about walks. He will only do his business is very specific places. Under bushes or in other hiding spots. Forces me to take him off property. So I always have to carry a removal bag. Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Very Happy

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:07 am

We have an abundance of "fur baby" stories! Oh my!
No one is really diggin on the Summer Abundance in all her glory? No gardens? No great flowers to speak of? No fishing escapades? Great time cooking out? Any real good stay at home, happenings?
LOL! I have noticed one thing! This has been a busy year for flies!

How about that pool there, Bear? Or the sprinklers? Any luck?
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:24 am

I haz a garden. Didn't you see my pics on FB?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:54 am

Willowcreek70633 wrote:(Sigh) Always an excuse or something... Must you blame the women? Those wives are somethin...aren't they? Well? Silly, clean up after yourself & the pup...toss the wife a tid bit of something....back rub? Dinner? C'mon man, buck up! LOL!

Not an excuse, it's what she told me. She doesn't want the mess in the house.

I came home that day to find out that my wife had found a little hard sided pool at Menards, and Samantha was happily splashing around in it.

Unfortunately, a back rub is kind of expected at this point.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:29 am

Perfect!

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum