debating?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: debating?

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun May 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Sometimes toxic people are very hard to get away from.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer on Sun May 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Sometimes you have to acknowledge that someone is an enemy, and treat them like one. No reason to be conflicted and guilty for taking necessary actions of self preservation. No need for drama. Most enemies are like poisonous insects; be aware of their position, intention, and capability. Protect against likely avenues of attack, and have prepared responses in case the little bugger gets close to a danger point. Swat as necessary, but don't lose sleep over it. Enjoy the picnic, don't waste thought on ants crushed along the way Smile

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun May 06, 2012 9:20 pm

My daughters and I were having a conversation about Facebook and this topic over iChat this morning. I was glad to discover that they had no problem "de-friending" or blocking people who weren't friends or didn't act like they were expected to act. They had a much healthier attitude than I had.

You are right, John.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 on Mon May 07, 2012 11:40 am

Just today... I had a friend on fb, used to work with her. She posted an old, 5 yrs, picture and when I called her on it she implied that she "respects my opinion" but would not change hers. I told her that my "opinion" was backed up by FACT and since I would NOT sit quietly by while someone else tells a bald faced, proven lie, I would have to leave her behind.
It's not easy, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon May 07, 2012 12:10 pm

It's taken me longer than most probably to learn that lesson. I finally just got fed up with bnet. Turned over so many other things in my life, I think that was just dragging me down.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon May 07, 2012 5:15 pm

Yes, I still post on the Multifaith forum because there are people I like and who I like to read. There are only the 2 posters anymore that are crazy. The Christian one is depressing because so many of them are unChristian and proud of it. I have no interest anymore in being reminded of it.

I just don't have time for people who are so very negative when there are so many good people to associate with instead.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach on Mon May 07, 2012 10:46 pm

I stay off the apocalypse board, since its the best example of an excercise in futility/ pounding your head against a wall. I too think there is some merit to the other avenues on the multifaith boards, but to be honest the editorial shift in bnet is really making me consider just leaving it altogether.

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue May 08, 2012 8:55 am

gillyflower wrote:Yes, I still post on the Multifaith forum because there are people I like and who I like to read. There are only the 2 posters anymore that are crazy. The Christian one is depressing because so many of them are unChristian and proud of it. I have no interest anymore in being reminded of it.

I just don't have time for people who are so very negative when there are so many good people to associate with instead.

Nancy and that one that interprets? It's amazing how much they control the discussion. I like to read Tpaine, Ken, even Nam, et all. But majority of the responses anymore seem to be to those two posters.

I got tired of Nancy at that interpreting guy long ago, thought I had the starts of an interesting discussion going, but it turns out that it was similar to trying to nail jello to the wall, so, I's done....
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Tue May 08, 2012 7:19 pm

nail jello to the wall, I love it. But yes, I was following it and that pretty much covers.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu May 10, 2012 8:52 am

Good, so it wasn't just me.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:51 pm

Well, I agree with Bear on the "me choosing the religion that's best for me" thing. I didn't go about searching for religion. My beliefs beckoned me to it. It called me, I didn't seek it out. It seems like everywhere I turned, there was an aspect of the religion that I was already putting into use, and just wasn't aware of the fact. Once I found out what I was doing, it just sort of like felt like coming home. It's just that simple.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:08 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Good, so it wasn't just me.

Ah............. NO. Laughing I think we all have reached that conclusion, Bear.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:49 pm

Please someone think up a new topic and we will start it, then they will have to find the thread to post on it. I don't think either one of them can. Smile

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:17 pm

gillyflower wrote:Please someone think up a new topic and we will start it, then they will have to find the thread to post on it. I don't think either one of them can. Smile
Huh? Who? WhatchootalkingboutGilly? scratch
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:26 pm

The topic today: people have often tried to name this person or that as being the Antichrist, but no one ever tried to name the second coming of Christ himself. If you were to pick any character in fiction who could conceivably be the second coming of Christ, male or female, who would it be, and why. Discuss.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:The topic today: people have often tried to name this person or that as being the Antichrist, but no one ever tried to name the second coming of Christ himself. If you were to pick any character in fiction who could conceivably be the second coming of Christ, male or female, who would it be, and why. Discuss.

Wow..... This is gonna be a real short discussion for me. I truly don't believe in an antichrist. But if I did, her name would be Adelphe.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:02 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:The topic today: people have often tried to name this person or that as being the Antichrist, but no one ever tried to name the second coming of Christ himself. If you were to pick any character in fiction who could conceivably be the second coming of Christ, male or female, who would it be, and why. Discuss.

Since, I believe in a physical return of Jesus - i don't have much to add here.

that being said: Chance the Gardner from Being There
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:14 pm

Well Dave, I picked fictional characters because I thought that would me marginally less offensive than having someone pick someone who is actually alive.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:46 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Well Dave, I picked fictional characters because I thought that would me marginally less offensive than having someone pick someone who is actually alive.

Evil Grin
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:07 am

Not trying to be argumentative or insulting. But what if Jesus decides to not come back as a man? I mean seriously. A Powerful being, which he would be, could come as anyone, male or female.
Again. Not trying to hurt anyone, or be disrespectful of Jesus.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by john5180 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:16 am

Or..... What if the resurrection were nothing more than a hoax?

I doubt the existence of an antichrist for no other reason than Christianity has given way too much power to something; almost to the point, if not out right, the same as a deity. Christianity as a monotheistic religion is on shaky ground already. I haven't talked to one Christian yet who can rationally explain the trinity. Bringing up the opposite side of a coin, and although not calling it an outright a god, it has taken on the same epic proportions as one.
john5180

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:55 am

Christianity gives too much power to it's deity. Much less this crap.
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Yes it is true that Christianity has made this Satan/devil being a god. And evil god. It is where they (generic) have deposited all the bad behaviour that can not be explained in an all good god.
Thus without meaning too, made their own god impotent.

I do agree ALL that they give too much power to their deity, which may be the reason so many show fear. I said it on another post in a far away land. That I sometimes feel sorry for Christians, especially fearful ones.

They (generic) are afraid of their god. They insist there is only one god, they feel a mandate to worship said god and feel they have no options. Or they will burn in hell. That is enough to damage the mind. Constant fear and no options or hope.
Obviously this does not apply to every Christian, but it does enough that we have some that get pushy and nasty at the drop of a hat. (not on this board though) Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Johnny Depp could play the anti-christ!

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Probably play it well.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content