Anyone here?

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:52 pm

There you go SG, a week with out Dr Pepper. Maybe when he gets back he will for get about it, and not notice it missing? Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Isn't that the truth! I finally had to decide this last week that I really couldn't keep good chocolate, ice cream and lovely yummy cookies in the house and NOT eat them. My will power is sadly lacking.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:48 pm

I used to have the will of iron. I went for years without cookies and ice cream. And did not have any interest. Then something changed, If its not in the house I am good, but if I see it beckoning to me...doom-ed LMAO!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:25 pm

I think it has something to do with menopause or middle age or something, MC. I didn't care about sweets either but now!!!! I cannot stop eating it.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Oh don't say that.... Hysterical The chemo threw me into an early menopause. Hot flashes and everything. With me it is pretzels. Not crisps or other things, just pretzels.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:34 pm

If I can't have yummy chocolate or cookies, I want Majool Dates.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Sounds lovely Gilly Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:56 am

Growing up, we had dates, date palms. I remember Mom climbing up on a ladder to pollinate them, whacking them with the stamens. Dates at our house were no big deal. The dates were heavy and sweet, Mom said that they were so sugary that they were no good for commercial dates, they wouldn't keep. Anyway, first year of my college they sold the house and land and moved. End of dates.

I tried eating the dates sold around Christmas time but they were NOTHING like the dates we grew and so I didn't eat them for years. When I moved here, I discovered that Fresh Market carried Mejools which are close to what I grew up on. Mom would laugh. When I was young, I didn't appreciate them.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 pm

Funny isn't it the things we do not appreciate when we are young and things are abundant. And I think it is more then them being abundant. I think we must mature, to fully appreciate certain things in our lives.

I am so glad you have been able to find one that is close enough to enjoy. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 pm

A derailment of another topic (scuse me Gilly & Maine, btw I love everything your talking about up there ^)

Alright, alright...NEWS FLASH.....I figured out the answer to y'alls questions about the 57 behind the names over on the B net site.....oo ooo oo, I figured it out (w/o going there)!

Disneyland turns 57 this year!

57? Get it?

Ta Da!.....Make sense? cheers

OK, so back to the chocolate, cookies, pretzels, dates! Which yes has something to do w middle aged women or pre menopause...I was a "salty" eater back in the day...but now? Give me chocolate, ice cream, cookies, candies...& lots of different fruits also!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:54 pm

That must be it Willow! LMAO!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:09 pm

Okay, so I am weak. Sonic has half priced drinks from 2-4. I am drinking a Dr. Pepper. Sad but it is yummy. Smile

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:20 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Okay, so I am weak. Sonic has half priced drinks from 2-4. I am drinking a Dr. Pepper. Sad but it is yummy. Smile

Its okay, you don't want to dehydrate Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Go SG! I am weak too. I ate a birthday pop at Starbucks. Somewhere it is someone's birthday. Smile

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Is that like, "It's 5 O'clock somewhere," Gilly?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Yes, only with sugar.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:53 pm

SG, i think you did good- you got your DP outside the house; so you don't have a 2 liter bottle or a 12 pack calling to you.
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Davelaw wrote:SG, i think you did good- you got your DP outside the house; so you don't have a 2 liter bottle or a 12 pack calling to you.

No. Instead I am drinking 44 ounces of DP in one sitting. I think that is worse.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:21 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:
Davelaw wrote:SG, i think you did good- you got your DP outside the house; so you don't have a 2 liter bottle or a 12 pack calling to you.

No. Instead I am drinking 44 ounces of DP in one sitting. I think that is worse.

See if you can't go someplace where they have very small ones once a week. That's why I have the birthday cake pop at Starbucks. If it was a whole care or even a big slice I would eat it all. This way it is tiny and when it gone, it's gone.

gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:23 am

The days w/o the fun food...count em inbtw the "indulgences", see if you can add a day or two to the last count! Its a game I play w myself concerning chocolate of any kind!
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Always indulge yourself if you can, just not everyday. That way it is always a treat. And you don't have to feel guilty. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:38 pm

And totally changing the subject at whiplash speed. Brought my kitty cat home from the vet today. She had five teeth pulled. Poor baby. She is not happy at the moment. Still drugged up and wobbly

I have vials of pain killer to give her. I am trying to figure out how to squirt pain killer in her mouth (under the tongue) without hurting her.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:26 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:And totally changing the subject at whiplash speed. Brought my kitty cat home from the vet today. She had five teeth pulled. Poor baby. She is not happy at the moment. Still drugged up and wobbly

I have vials of pain killer to give her. I am trying to figure out how to squirt pain killer in her mouth (under the tongue) without hurting her.

baby eye droppers
a shot without the needle
squirt gun
fill a plastic straw and slowly release
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Thank you Dave. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down