Anyone here?

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by john5180 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:09 am

sacrificialgoddess wrote:How's the new job going, All?
BTW, Chick.... I left you a note on B'net about your user name on FB. I can't remember if we're friends there or not!
avatar
john5180

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:12 am

We are. I'll pm you on b'net.

_________________
Remember one thing about democracy. We can have anything we want and at the same time, we always end up with exactly what we deserve.

Edward Albee
avatar
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3199
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Oklahoma

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:14 am

john5180 wrote:
allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:I was becoming to combative as a reaction to it. Too many people not just trying to justify (which is annoying enough, what does it matter if they can justify it to me) but seeking agreement, and very very insecure about it, covered by meanness and belligerence.

In a much better head space since I left.

Life is just too damn short to let something like that have an affect on real time and space. I'll abandon ship before letting that happen.

OK.... so tell me about the new job!! I don't recall reading about it on FB.

I don't really do the facebook thing. So I don't think I posted about it on there.

Anyway, I was in practice for myself. I joined up with another Dr and went in to practice with him. There is someone else to handle all the business decisions and what not, and I can focus on seeing patients. It's been about 4 months now. I'm busier, but happier.
avatar
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Posts : 2700
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Some where in middle america

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by john5180 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:16 am

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:


I don't really do the facebook thing. So I don't think I posted about it on there.

Anyway, I was in practice for myself. I joined up with another Dr and went in to practice with him. There is someone else to handle all the business decisions and what not, and I can focus on seeing patients. It's been about 4 months now. I'm busier, but happier.

That sounds just great for you. I was kinda afraid you'd gotten out of the profession altogether. Good to hear you're enjoying it more.
avatar
john5180

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by john5180 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:18 am

sacrificialgoddess wrote:We are. I'll pm you on b'net.

Good! You know how it is..... (or maybe you don't yet)..... but you get some years on you and you develop CRS.
avatar
john5180

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:08 pm

john5180 wrote:
allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:


I don't really do the facebook thing. So I don't think I posted about it on there.

Anyway, I was in practice for myself. I joined up with another Dr and went in to practice with him. There is someone else to handle all the business decisions and what not, and I can focus on seeing patients. It's been about 4 months now. I'm busier, but happier.

That sounds just great for you. I was kinda afraid you'd gotten out of the profession altogether. Good to hear you're enjoying it more.

Honestly, it was close. I went through a dark place career wise a few years ago, after the surgery and recovery, and was thinking about going a different direction. That and it's damn hard to get a job in my field unless one wants to move to a big city and sell people a bunch of crap they don't need. I had a second interview all lined up at another job outside of my profession, and fell into this one.
avatar
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Posts : 2700
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Some where in middle america

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:15 pm

I am so glad. We need good health care people. My son-in-law is applying now for PA school. It is very difficult to get in even if you have fantastic grades like he does, a EMT background, and work at a health clinic so send a little energy his way, please everyone. He is determined enough that he says he'll move to Scotland if he has to to get in.

The down side of that is that if the baby or his wife even coughs twice they are seeing a doctor because he is certain that they have some terrible disease he has learned about. Very Happy We are fortunate that his father is a PA and is "on call."

_________________
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
avatar
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3400
Join date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Just remind him that if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. Sometimes a cough is just a cough.
avatar
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Posts : 2700
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Some where in middle america

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 pm

gillyflower wrote:I think that is true MC. I haven't been back to CD because all it was doing for me was making me think that there were a lot of bigoted stupid angry and mean Christians, and that didn't do me any good.
I think you are wise, because it is having that effect on me as well.

I have to keep telling myself the bigots there are only a tiny minority concentrated in a small space.

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by Davelaw on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:42 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Just remind him that if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. Sometimes a cough is just a cough.

and a cigar just a cigar?
avatar
Davelaw

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2009-07-18
Location : Houston Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:40 pm

gillyflower wrote:I am so glad. We need good health care people. My son-in-law is applying now for PA school. It is very difficult to get in even if you have fantastic grades like he does, a EMT background, and work at a health clinic so send a little energy his way, please everyone. He is determined enough that he says he'll move to Scotland if he has to to get in.

The down side of that is that if the baby or his wife even coughs twice they are seeing a doctor because he is certain that they have some terrible disease he has learned about. Very Happy We are fortunate that his father is a PA and is "on call."
Great family Smile And I will be thinking of him.

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by john5180 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:50 am

If you are interested in some good reading, visit my updated profile on B'net. If this don't create a stir, nothing will.
avatar
john5180

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by Davelaw on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:01 pm

THIS?

Beliefnet no longer urges open discussion, but DOES IT'S VERY BEST TO CONTROL WHAT IS SAID AND HOW IT IS SAID BY USING UNPAID MODERATORS WITH THE ABILITY TO EDIT, OR DELETE WHAT THEY FEEL IS INAPPROPRIATE TO THEIR BELIEFS. IT IS NO LONGER A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE CAN COME TO EXCHANGE IDEAS......
avatar
Davelaw

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2009-07-18
Location : Houston Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Very Happy

_________________
Remember one thing about democracy. We can have anything we want and at the same time, we always end up with exactly what we deserve.

Edward Albee
avatar
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3199
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Oklahoma

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by john5180 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Davelaw wrote:THIS?

Beliefnet no longer urges open discussion, but DOES IT'S VERY BEST TO CONTROL WHAT IS SAID AND HOW IT IS SAID BY USING UNPAID MODERATORS WITH THE ABILITY TO EDIT, OR DELETE WHAT THEY FEEL IS INAPPROPRIATE TO THEIR BELIEFS. IT IS NO LONGER A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE CAN COME TO EXCHANGE IDEAS......

Yeppers, that's the one. Addy's still up to her tired old stuff, and insulting posters while actively moderating threads. I've complained as much as I can to Merope, and begged her to block me so I can't post on there anymore. She won't block me, and isn't doing a damn thing about Addy's heavy handedness while at the same time insulting posters. If this don't get me booted from the place, nothing will.
avatar
john5180

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by john5180 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:20 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Very Happy

I will not be naughty...
I will not be naughty...
I will not be naughty...
I will not be naughty...














Twisted Evil Just who do I think I'm kidding.....
avatar
john5180

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:32 pm

john5180 wrote:
Davelaw wrote:THIS?

Beliefnet no longer urges open discussion, but DOES IT'S VERY BEST TO CONTROL WHAT IS SAID AND HOW IT IS SAID BY USING UNPAID MODERATORS WITH THE ABILITY TO EDIT, OR DELETE WHAT THEY FEEL IS INAPPROPRIATE TO THEIR BELIEFS. IT IS NO LONGER A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE CAN COME TO EXCHANGE IDEAS......

Yeppers, that's the one. Addy's still up to her tired old stuff, and insulting posters while actively moderating threads. I've complained as much as I can to Merope, and begged her to block me so I can't post on there anymore. She won't block me, and isn't doing a damn thing about Addy's heavy handedness while at the same time insulting posters. If this don't get me booted from the place, nothing will.
I know I have been having the same problem with her. She is very biased against a few people, and she feels free to insult and badger, while deleting and editing those people she does not like.
Addy is creating a hostile environment over there all by herself. I did report her, but received no response at all.

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:33 pm

I can't find ya over there.

Did I loose ya somehow?
avatar
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Posts : 2700
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Some where in middle america

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:45 pm

John may I put your Status: TOTALY SICK OF BELIEF NET'S BULL SHIT as my status as well?

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by john5180 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:I can't find ya over there.

Did I loose ya somehow?

I'm still there...... Been editing my profile, and so far no one has reported it. Just look at what Dave posted. That's the best part of the updates.

I know deep down inside that if left alone, I'll get over my pisstivity and want to go back and start posting again.... As they tell me, the first sign of insanity is doing the same damn things over and over again while always expecting different results. Belief Net isn't the same place I joined 12 years ago. It's a toxic environment now with Addy moderating.
avatar
john5180

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 pm

ALL I found John by going to my profile and looking under my friends list. If he is not one yours you can pop by to click him on mine. Smile

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by john5180 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:48 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:John may I put your Status: TOTALY SICK OF BELIEF NET'S BULL SHIT as my status as well?

Is we starting a revolution over there?! Shocked
avatar
john5180

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:50 pm

john5180 wrote:
allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:I can't find ya over there.

Did I loose ya somehow?

I'm still there...... Been editing my profile, and so far no one has reported it. Just look at what Dave posted. That's the best part of the updates.

I know deep down inside that if left alone, I'll get over my pisstivity and want to go back and start posting again.... As they tell me, the first sign of insanity is doing the same damn things over and over again while always expecting different results. Belief Net isn't the same place I joined 12 years ago. It's a toxic environment now with Addy moderating.
It is a toxic environment now with Addy moderating. I was worried when she started doing that. She was also moderating the multi faith board for a while, but must have gotten bored, because she has not been there in ages.

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:50 pm

john5180 wrote:
MaineCaptain wrote:John may I put your Status: TOTALY SICK OF BELIEF NET'S BULL SHIT as my status as well?

Is we starting a revolution over there?! Shocked
Why not ? Razz I am feeling naughty lately Wink


Last edited by MaineCaptain on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Ooohh! Cap used the BS word!

_________________
Remember one thing about democracy. We can have anything we want and at the same time, we always end up with exactly what we deserve.

Edward Albee
avatar
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3199
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Oklahoma

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum