Anyone here?

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by Davelaw on Thu May 24, 2012 4:40 am

sacrificialgoddess wrote:What? I am more likely to get lucky with Willow than I am to find clarity of thought on B'net.

I swear!

I was in a conversation where individuals who shall remain nameless wanted me to believe they had a UPG that was TOTALLY verifiable, even if the word UNVERIFIABLE is in the name of UPG!!! Computer Problem

I hope the stupid isn't catching!
yeah, but you did get what Addie was really trying to say? that she sees echos of her UPG's in the experiences of like-minded believers, and in the words of her scriptures
avatar
Davelaw

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2009-07-18
Location : Houston Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by gillyflower on Thu May 24, 2012 8:09 am

That harkens back to what another poster here on another thread is saying. Some people need verification to feel that they are one of a group. It verifies to her that she "belongs" and that she is right about what she thinks. She takes it a step further. Since someone else experienced something like she did, therefore that is the correct route for everyone.

How much braver (IMO) to have a UPG with a god or goddess and rather than use it to join a group, use it to develop a relationship with that god or goddess, like pagans do. I believe I may or may not be right about what I believe concerning myths, how things work, or what other people experience or say they do but I know for sure that I have good personal relationships with gods and that is what I feel is of premier importance.

I think that some lose track of what is really important in the delight of being introduced to a rich mythic world, no less or more interesting than the mythic world of the Greeks or Lord of the Rings.



_________________
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
avatar
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3400
Join date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Thu May 24, 2012 8:09 am

Was she trying to say that? Because she didn't say that. She said Christian UPG was verifiable. I am not going to try to read into her experiences. I am going to take her at her word. And she didn't say that.

_________________
Remember one thing about democracy. We can have anything we want and at the same time, we always end up with exactly what we deserve.

Edward Albee
avatar
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3199
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Oklahoma

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat May 26, 2012 5:46 pm

gillyflower wrote:That harkens back to what another poster here on another thread is saying. Some people need verification to feel that they are one of a group. It verifies to her that she "belongs" and that she is right about what she thinks. She takes it a step further. Since someone else experienced something like she did, therefore that is the correct route for everyone.

How much braver (IMO) to have a UPG with a god or goddess and rather than use it to join a group, use it to develop a relationship with that god or goddess, like pagans do. I believe I may or may not be right about what I believe concerning myths, how things work, or what other people experience or say they do but I know for sure that I have good personal relationships with gods and that is what I feel is of premier importance.

I think that some lose track of what is really important in the delight of being introduced to a rich mythic world, no less or more interesting than the mythic world of the Greeks or Lord of the Rings.


Well done, my feelings as too.

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Sat May 26, 2012 5:47 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Was she trying to say that? Because she didn't say that. She said Christian UPG was verifiable. I am not going to try to read into her experiences. I am going to take her at her word. And she didn't say that.
I hate only saying I agree. But this too was my feeling about what was posted.

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by John T Mainer on Sat May 26, 2012 9:53 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Oh, and Willow, after the extreme idiocy that is going on over on the B'net, I told your hubby that I was coming over here to hit on you so,

*clears throat*

How's it going, gorgeous?

Cool Wink

Clap
Awesome. He who ignores history is doomed to repeat it. He who ignores his smoking hot babe, is less likely to get the chance to repeat anything......

_________________
Fiat justitia ruat caelum
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
avatar
John T Mainer
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1004
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Maple Ridge, BC Can

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sat May 26, 2012 10:10 pm

I think you misunderstood. I wasn't calling John a idiot. He was just witness to, well, I had had enough, and I am surprised he was up for more. B'net is like the mafia. You try to break clean, and they pull you back in for more.

_________________
Remember one thing about democracy. We can have anything we want and at the same time, we always end up with exactly what we deserve.

Edward Albee
avatar
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3199
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Oklahoma

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun May 27, 2012 1:33 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:I think you misunderstood. I wasn't calling John a idiot. He was just witness to, well, I had had enough, and I am surprised he was up for more. B'net is like the mafia. You try to break clean, and they pull you back in for more.
Boy do I know how you feel.

It is getting really dirty over there again.

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by tmarie64 on Sun May 27, 2012 1:51 pm

I left and never looked back. The bigotry there was just more than I could take.

_________________
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
— Dr. Seuss
avatar
tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1903
Join date : 2009-04-02
Location : Richmond, VA

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Sun May 27, 2012 4:42 pm

You are a stronger person than me.

_________________
Remember one thing about democracy. We can have anything we want and at the same time, we always end up with exactly what we deserve.

Edward Albee
avatar
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3199
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Oklahoma

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by costrel on Sun May 27, 2012 4:53 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:I think you misunderstood. I wasn't calling John a idiot. He was just witness to, well, I had had enough, and I am surprised he was up for more. B'net is like the mafia. You try to break clean, and they pull you back in for more.
I know what you mean, SG. I really need to take a time-out from B'net. The platform is terrible (so slow and many times, after I made a post, my computer freezes up and all I can do is turn it off and reboot). Plus, the more that I am over there, the more I find myself disliking Christianity rather than just disagreeing with it. I should never have gotten involved in that "Obligation of Mary" thread.

Now, what to do with the rest of my stupid Memorial Day weekend? Most days I'm so lonely that I'm surprised I haven't died from loneliness. The irony is, that I'd have more friends and would be able to spend more time around people if I was a monk in a monastery than some lonely, isolated atheist liberal in a prairie town who doesn't attend Bar or Church. Perhaps I should walk down to the grocery store so I could chat with the elderly lady who works there and actually talk in person to a human being, something I haven't done in two days. Or maybe I can find some birds to feed, like this cool smiley:
Pigeons
(This board has the best smileys!)
avatar
costrel

Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-04-21
Location : South Dakota

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Sun May 27, 2012 7:47 pm


costrel wrote:
sacrificialgoddess wrote:I think you misunderstood. I wasn't calling John a idiot. He was just witness to, well, I had had enough, and I am surprised he was up for more. B'net is like the mafia. You try to break clean, and they pull you back in for more.
I know what you mean, SG. I really need to take a time-out from B'net. The platform is terrible (so slow and many times, after I made a post, my computer freezes up and all I can do is turn it off and reboot). Plus, the more that I am over there, the more I find myself disliking Christianity rather than just disagreeing with it. I should never have gotten involved in that "Obligation of Mary" thread.

Now, what to do with the rest of my stupid Memorial Day weekend? Most days I'm so lonely that I'm surprised I haven't died from loneliness. The irony is, that I'd have more friends and would be able to spend more time around people if I was a monk in a monastery than some lonely, isolated atheist liberal in a prairie town who doesn't attend Bar or Church. Perhaps I should walk down to the grocery store so I could chat with the elderly lady who works there and actually talk in person to a human being, something I haven't done in two days. Or maybe I can find some birds to feed, like this cool smiley:
Pigeons
(This board has the best smileys!)


costrel Hug2

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by costrel on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:costrel Hug2

Thank you for the hug, MaineCaptain! Here's a hug for you, too! Smile Hug2
avatar
costrel

Posts : 34
Join date : 2009-04-21
Location : South Dakota

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by john5180 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:55 pm

Davelaw wrote:
sacrificialgoddess wrote:What? I am more likely to get lucky with Willow than I am to find clarity of thought on B'net.

I swear!

I was in a conversation where individuals who shall remain nameless wanted me to believe they had a UPG that was TOTALLY verifiable, even if the word UNVERIFIABLE is in the name of UPG!!! Computer Problem

I hope the stupid isn't catching!
yeah, but you did get what Addie was really trying to say? that she sees echos of her UPG's in the experiences of like-minded believers, and in the words of her scriptures

Well, I've been in conversation with Merope for the last two days. I'm quitting them for good this time. She is supposed to be talking to you and Addy about hosts editing posts. I told her, (Merope), that for the record, you, Dave were about as even handed a mod there as one could possibly expect and still be able to call him a host. I told her you weren't afraid to let the reigns out sometimes on discussions so long as it didn't turn abusive toward the opponent. (In other words, I bragged on you. Don't faint! Shocked )

Haven't really heard back from her on that one yet, but Addy's attacks on MC and someone (I think ) called Ques is just a tad overboard.

So, here I sit trying to decide if I want to chase Willow around the house, or cyber stalk SG. What a Face Twisted Evil
avatar
john5180

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by Willowcreek70633 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:43 pm

Embarassed That's right babe, I'm that hot! So when we goin out on a date, SAC? And what is going on? How did we get frm your topic to BNet? Question

Honey's, I left that place years ago...& in my down moments @ Ft. Gordon, I think I visited there one time....seein how NO ONE sends me msgs (I'm so distraught Suspect ) except my home girl from Baton Rouge...we chatted when we had the hurricanes of 2005 *Katrina & Rita (she's Christian...& she had a book published w thoughts & prayers). I wanted to check it out, but our computer there on post just wouldn't/couldn't load the pages!...(Prison? Yep yep yep) Help
Any ways...as I was saying ....like TMarie...I haven't been there (BNet) in a long long time...looked back once...shrugged & said "Oh well"...they are just not my cup of tea! Too too much negativity for me, the name calling always hurt me deeply also back then & evidently still goin strong even now! Its hard to find people that really want to "talk" about spirituality!...Any one can find things written down in books! (Books are tools for the mind, body & soul.) Its all about your own belief isn't it? Its all about how you see your spirituality w/in yourself. In my case I was really putting into practice my spiritualism outwardly & enjoying my walk on my path! Then shit happens....I had fallen, tripped, slipped, & banged up my spirituality the past 2 years. I'm not lost, but (ask gilly she can verify me to y'all!) Beer Too much negativity, & closed mindedness is a prison, a poison, it is suffocating, it is in all actuality heart & soul wrenching. Wow, I just described my old Christian days here in my lil town! And why I left Christianity behind Boxed In

I'm working on getting myself "tuned in" again! Its hard, it takes work, it also takes self forgiveness & self awareness & its an everyday conscious, un & sub conscious step onto my path.
As for a new friend, Costrel, you should get out more, but...I'd rather interact w animals than most people! I must agree the smiley's are so much better here!. I love using them!
avatar
Willowcreek70633
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 816
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : SWLA

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:15 am

Heck, they won't even let me log in there anymore. Why? I haven't a clue.

Hey Willow. I know you love animals. How else would you put up with John & I. Laughing

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:05 pm

[quote="john5180"]
Davelaw wrote:

Well, I've been in conversation with Merope for the last two days. I'm quitting them for good this time. She is supposed to be talking to you and Addy about hosts editing posts. I told her, (Merope), that for the record, you, Dave were about as even handed a mod there as one could possibly expect and still be able to call him a host. I told her you weren't afraid to let the reigns out sometimes on discussions so long as it didn't turn abusive toward the opponent. (In other words, I bragged on you. Don't faint! Shocked )

Haven't really heard back from her on that one yet, but Addy's attacks on MC and someone (I think ) called Ques is just a tad overboard.

So, here I sit trying to decide if I want to chase Willow around the house, or cyber stalk SG. What a Face Twisted Evil
She's still at it. I watch post after post of mine being removed or hacked to bits.
I think I am posting there just to see what she will remove. And I am although not being lovey dovey. I think I am being reasonable, certainly not worthy of her abuse. Addy really can't stand me.

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:08 pm

warlordofks wrote:Heck, they won't even let me log in there anymore. Why? I haven't a clue.

There system is wonky, whole topics disappear all the time. Its not you my friend.
((((Alex)))))

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:10 pm

They started that "line item" host post modification back when I was still there. At first I thought it was a great idea, but the possibility of abuse is pretty high.
avatar
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Posts : 2700
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Some where in middle america

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by MaineCaptain on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Yes it is, and some people do abuse it. I trust Davelaw. And Merope. but not addy. She deliberately appears to remove anything she personally does not like. No matter how innocuous.

_________________
Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.
avatar
MaineCaptain
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2869
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : New England

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by gillyflower on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:51 am

I think that is true MC. I haven't been back to CD because all it was doing for me was making me think that there were a lot of bigoted stupid angry and mean Christians, and that didn't do me any good.

_________________
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
avatar
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3400
Join date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:26 am

I was becoming to combative as a reaction to it. Too many people not just trying to justify (which is annoying enough, what does it matter if they can justify it to me) but seeking agreement, and very very insecure about it, covered by meanness and belligerence.

In a much better head space since I left.
avatar
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Posts : 2700
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Some where in middle america

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by sacrificialgoddess on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:46 am

How's the new job going, All?

_________________
Remember one thing about democracy. We can have anything we want and at the same time, we always end up with exactly what we deserve.

Edward Albee
avatar
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3199
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Oklahoma

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:58 am

Busy.

Not busy enough that I can't come here, but busy.

I like it though.
avatar
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Posts : 2700
Join date : 2009-04-01
Location : Some where in middle america

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by john5180 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:07 am

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:I was becoming to combative as a reaction to it. Too many people not just trying to justify (which is annoying enough, what does it matter if they can justify it to me) but seeking agreement, and very very insecure about it, covered by meanness and belligerence.

In a much better head space since I left.

Life is just too damn short to let something like that have an affect on real time and space. I'll abandon ship before letting that happen.

OK.... so tell me about the new job!! I don't recall reading about it on FB.
avatar
john5180

Posts : 473
Join date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone here?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum